News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2014-15 Bulls "Shit is Getting Real" Thread  ( 34,723 )

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: 2014-15 Bulls "Shit is Getting Real" Thread
« Reply #120 on: May 15, 2015, 10:47:40 AM »
Quote from: PenFoe on May 15, 2015, 10:16:37 AM
So, that was fucking awful last night.

As depressing a Bulls loss as I can remember in a while.  Just an overall terrible performance. 

I don't think there's any coaches out there that they'll bring in better than Thibs, but this team also feels pretty maxed out right now. They had every chance to win this series and just weren't the better team, even without Love and a banged up Kyrie and an up-and-down (mostly up) LeBron.

That Cavs team was beatable as hell this series and while I doubt another coach would have gotten them over the hump, it sure feels like they need to change something, though I'm pretty sure it's a player or two versus a coach. 

This was always a low-ceiling team as long as it was built around Rose, who could not remain healthy or regain his elite performance levels. I'm not saying everybody, and I know the Bulls watchers around here are more realistic than most of the meatballs I encounter. But I constantly heard people predicting that the Bulls would beat Cleveland even before the Love injury. I agree, the Cavs are very mediocre and every one of LeBron's Heat teams would probably sweep them. But I never really saw playoff sustainability in anything the Bulls were good at during this ill-fated Thibs Era. Max effort on defense? Great in December and March but in April everybody does that. Deep bench? Ok, feel free to give minutes to Heinrich and John Lucas the Turd against LeBron and Dwyane Wade. Offense running through Joakim Noah? Who does that? And how hard is it to come up with a solution for it? It's not just local fans. National media gave this Bulls team way too much credit, I suspect, because they did try hard during the regular season when most didn't and it made them a more interesting cover.

What burned me the most was their negative, bitchy attitude all the time. "Cleveland sucks." "Hollywood as hell." "You can be a fool if you want to." "Twelve is better than three." For a team that was never really any damn good and complained and whined as much as any team in the league, they certainly claimed moral high ground on a lot of shit.

Blow this team up. Sign a real free agent. Get a high draft pick. Fire Thibs. Endure another season or two of passable Derrick Rose.

And remember this team for what it was. A bunch of try-hard, talkative dickbags with no Finals appearances and one of the most undeserved MVP awards ever presented.

RIP. 
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #121 on: May 15, 2015, 11:02:37 AM »

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #122 on: May 15, 2015, 11:03:07 AM »
Quote from: InternetApex on May 15, 2015, 10:47:40 AM

As depressing a Bulls loss as I can remember in a while.  Just an overall terrible performance. 

I don't think there's any coaches out there that they'll bring in better than Thibs, but this team also feels pretty maxed out right now. They had every chance to win this series and just weren't the better team, even without Love and a banged up Kyrie and an up-and-down (mostly up) LeBron.

That Cavs team was beatable as hell this series and while I doubt another coach would have gotten them over the hump, it sure feels like they need to change something, though I'm pretty sure it's a player or two versus a coach. 

This was always a low-ceiling team as long as it was built around Rose, who could not remain healthy or regain his elite performance levels. I'm not saying everybody, and I know the Bulls watchers around here are more realistic than most of the meatballs I encounter. But I constantly heard people predicting that the Bulls would beat Cleveland even before the Love injury. I agree, the Cavs are very mediocre and every one of LeBron's Heat teams would probably sweep them. But I never really saw playoff sustainability in anything the Bulls were good at during this ill-fated Thibs Era. Max effort on defense? Great in December and March but in April everybody does that. Deep bench? Ok, feel free to give minutes to Heinrich and John Lucas the Turd against LeBron and Dwyane Wade. Offense running through Joakim Noah? Who does that? And how hard is it to come up with a solution for it? It's not just local fans. National media gave this Bulls team way too much credit, I suspect, because they did try hard during the regular season when most didn't and it made them a more interesting cover.

What burned me the most was their negative, bitchy attitude all the time. "Cleveland sucks." "Hollywood as hell." "You can be a fool if you want to." "Twelve is better than three." For a team that was never really any damn good and complained and whined as much as any team in the league, they certainly claimed moral high ground on a lot of shit.

Blow this team up. Sign a real free agent. Get a high draft pick. Fire Thibs. Endure another season or two of passable Derrick Rose.

And remember this team for what it was. A bunch of try-hard, talkative dickbags with no Finals appearances and one of the most undeserved MVP awards ever presented.

RIP. 

I agree with the bold. As for the rest of it, my only advice is to maybe stop reading and listening to stupid people.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #123 on: May 15, 2015, 11:08:25 AM »

RIP. 

I bet that felt good for you to write.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #124 on: May 15, 2015, 11:09:23 AM »
Quote from: R-V on May 15, 2015, 11:03:07 AM

RIP. 

I agree with the bold. As for the rest of it, my only advice is to maybe stop reading and listening to stupid people.

I don't really have another tear-down/build-up of the Bulls in me right now.
The last one took 10 years.  

I'd rather try to plug and play another few years with this core, because at least playoff basketball is exciting as hell.  
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #125 on: May 15, 2015, 12:05:24 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on May 15, 2015, 11:09:23 AM
I'd rather try to plug and play another few years with this core, because at least playoff basketball is exciting as hell.  

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #126 on: May 15, 2015, 12:17:25 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on May 15, 2015, 12:05:24 PM

Point taken, but the first 5 games were pretty great, even the big deficit in Game 5. 

Last night was the worst kind of basketball. 
Just awful, heartbreaking basketball. 

But it was still way better than watching Ty Thomas and Tyson Chandler and Kurt Hinrich and Eddy Curry and Marcus Fizer and Jamal Crawford and Corie Blount and Trenton Hassel and Dalibor Bagaric and Chris Duhon and now I hate everything.

Thanks.   
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #127 on: May 15, 2015, 12:22:40 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on May 15, 2015, 12:17:25 PM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on May 15, 2015, 12:05:24 PM

Point taken, but the first 5 games were pretty great, even the big deficit in Game 5. 

Last night was the worst kind of basketball. 
Just awful, heartbreaking basketball. 

But it was still way better than watching Ty Thomas and Tyson Chandler and Kurt Hinrich and Eddy Curry and Marcus Fizer and Jamal Crawford and Corie Blount and Trenton Hassel and Dalibor Bagaric and Chris Duhon and now I hate everything.

Thanks.   

Corie Blount sucked, but at least he had the decency to play around the title teams.  I resent his inclusion in this group.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs