News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Bearbonnais 2014: Emstink's Evil Plan Hatches In Earnest  ( 5,699 )

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Bearbonnais 2014: Emstink's Evil Plan Hatches In Earnest
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2014, 09:33:29 AM »
Another one for the Emstink is Wonderful Files:

http://grantland.com/features/the-2014-all-bad-nfl-contracts-team/

Bill Barnwell of Grantland lists the NFL's All-Bad Contract Team. There is not a mention of any Bear on the entire list. Listed at one Guard however: Former Angelo top draft pick Chris Williams.

Super Bears. Super Not Bad Contracts.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2014, 10:44:08 AM »
Quote from: InternetApex on July 28, 2014, 09:33:29 AM

Bill Barnwell of Grantland lists the NFL's All-Bad Contract Team. There is not a mention of any Bear on the entire list. Listed at one Guard however: Former Angelo top draft pick Chris Williams.

Obviously they forgot about that non-winner Jay Cutler who's always sulking around and killing our Bears boners with his team-ruining attitude.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2014, 10:59:01 AM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on July 28, 2014, 10:44:08 AM
Quote from: InternetApex on July 28, 2014, 09:33:29 AM

Obviously they forgot about that non-winner Jay Cutler who's always sulking around and killing our Bears boners with his team-ruining attitude.

Barnwell did make sure to trash him in his Trade Value column - sort of - saying that if you let Jay be Jay he'll be an average QB and the deal they gave him looks bad if your team has a franchise QB and looks good if you don't. He also said Josh McCown outplayed him last year. I'm so fucking sick of people saying that I can't stand it. Take out the Dallas game (look at Matt Flynn's numbers against the Cowboys last year) and McCown didn't do shit. GOD DAMNIT WHY DO PEOPLE INSIST ON MAKING ME HATE JOSH MCCOWN!!!!!

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2014, 11:10:50 AM »
Josh McCown vs. Dallas, Dec. 9, 2014:
27-36, 348, 4 TD, 0 INTs (two dropped by Dal), 141.9 QBR

Matt Flynn at Dallas, Dec. 23, 2014:
26-39, 299 yds, 4 TD, 1 INT, 113.1 QBR

Would you say Josh McCown outplayed Matt Flynn last year? That's a decent argument.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2014, 12:55:44 PM »
The Cutler contract is only a "good" deal if he plays as well as they expect him to in Trestman's offense, and honestly there's certainly reason to think he can put up top ten numbers if he's healthy. He was on pace for 4000+ yards and 30+ TDs before the injuries set in. The nice thing is it's structured well enough that the team isn't completely fucked should he prove unworthy of it. Also people compare the contract to guys like Rodgers and the like who got their deals in a completely different climate (many of whom will probably seek to re-negotiate before too long). When the salary cap  jumps to $140 million next year and guys like Russell Wilson and Cam start to get their second deals and Jay ends up being about the 11th highest paid QB in football no one's going to be bitching, especially since the biggest hit of the entire contract is this year. Once this year over I'm not even sure he'll be top ten in APY among quarterbacks.

I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2014, 01:36:28 PM »
Quote from: SKO on July 28, 2014, 12:55:44 PM
The Cutler contract is only a "good" deal if he can actually play a whole season for the first time in 5 years.plays as well as they expect him to in Trestman's offense, and honestly there's certainly reason to think he can put up top ten numbers if he's healthy. He was on pace for 4000+ yards and 30+ TDs before the injuries set in. The nice thing is it's structured well enough that the team isn't completely fucked should he prove unworthy of it. Also people compare the contract to guys like Rodgers and the like who got their deals in a completely different climate (many of whom will probably seek to re-negotiate before too long). When the salary cap  jumps to $140 million next year and guys like Russell Wilson and Cam start to get their second deals and Jay ends up being about the 11th highest paid QB in football no one's going to be bitching, especially since the biggest hit of the entire contract is this year. Once this year over I'm not even sure he'll be top ten in APY among quarterbacks.

I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2014, 01:39:19 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on July 28, 2014, 01:36:28 PM
The Cutler contract is only a "good" deal if he can actually play a whole season for the first time in 5 years.plays as well as they expect him to in Trestman's offense, and honestly there's certainly reason to think he can put up top ten numbers if he's healthy. He was on pace for 4000+ yards and 30+ TDs before the injuries set in. The nice thing is it's structured well enough that the team isn't completely fucked should he prove unworthy of it. Also people compare the contract to guys like Rodgers and the like who got their deals in a completely different climate (many of whom will probably seek to re-negotiate before too long). When the salary cap  jumps to $140 million next year and guys like Russell Wilson and Cam start to get their second deals and Jay ends up being about the 11th highest paid QB in football no one's going to be bitching, especially since the biggest hit of the entire contract is this year. Once this year over I'm not even sure he'll be top ten in APY among quarterbacks.

I can't disagree with this.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2014, 02:04:26 PM »
Quote from: InternetApex on July 28, 2014, 01:39:19 PM

Yep. That's fair.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2014, 02:16:20 PM »
Quote from: SKO on July 28, 2014, 02:04:26 PM

Yep. That's fair.

Although, anyone who blames Jay Cutler for missing games with concussions in 2010 and 2012 is a penile implant, the fact is it happened and if it happens too many more times it could be curtains. And that's got to go into the decision when signing the guy. Breaking a thumb trying to make a tackle after a pick is a super bad look and last year was just a nightmare. I'm not going to lie, I'm pretty worried about this.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2014, 02:21:45 PM »
Quote from: InternetApex on July 28, 2014, 02:16:20 PM
Quote from: SKO on July 28, 2014, 02:04:26 PM

Yep. That's fair.

Although, anyone who blames Jay Cutler for missing games with concussions in 2010 and 2012 is a penile implant, the fact is it happened and if it happens too many more times it could be curtains. And that's got to go into the decision when signing the guy. Breaking a thumb trying to make a tackle after a pick is a super bad look and last year was just a nightmare. I'm not going to lie, I'm pretty worried about this.

That literally applies to every single NFL player. I'm not worried about Jay suffering a career ending concussion anymore than I am anyone else. You can't worry about that shit.

I think the broken thumb was a fluke, whatever a "bad look" means. Last years injuries are the only ones that concern me long term because they were the first ones he's had that were muscular and connected and potential repeatable. The broken thumb makes him no more likely to ever have that injury again. Heck I think the pins and shit actually make it Less likely. But a torn groin can tear again.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #40 on: August 25, 2014, 12:50:02 PM »
Is this the Bears' 2014 thread or just the pre-season thread?

Either way, this oughta get you all going.

I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #41 on: August 25, 2014, 01:44:35 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on August 25, 2014, 12:50:02 PM
Is this the Bears' 2014 thread or just the pre-season thread?

Either way, this oughta get you all going.

Yeah. That worked. Thanks.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #43 on: September 02, 2014, 01:41:24 PM »
Quote from: CT III on September 02, 2014, 12:27:56 PM
Paging Huey, Huey to the white courtesy phone...

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/chi-mannelly-floored-briggs-restaurant-20140902-htmlstory.html

WOULD BUTKUS OR SINGLETARY OR OTIS WILSON OR URLACKER ABANDON DA BEARES FOR CALIFORNYA? I THINK NOT, MY FRENT.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #44 on: September 02, 2014, 01:51:22 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on September 02, 2014, 01:41:24 PM
Quote from: CT III on September 02, 2014, 12:27:56 PM
Paging Huey, Huey to the white courtesy phone...

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/chi-mannelly-floored-briggs-restaurant-20140902-htmlstory.html

WOULD BUTKUS OR SINGLETARY OR OTIS WILSON OR URLACKER ABANDON DA BEARES FOR CALIFORNYA? I THINK NOT, MY FRENT.

Oddly, I feel like Ditka would completely sympathize though.

Or else he'd forbid Briggs to go, but offer to show up at the opening himself for a 10% discount off his regular appearance fee.