News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Fuck Edwin Jackson Anti-Positivity Thread  ( 10,473 )

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
The Fuck Edwin Jackson Anti-Positivity Thread
« on: July 25, 2014, 02:59:19 PM »
In the midst of all this wonderful prospect splooging, I don't want to lose sight of fuck this guy. 
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The Fuck Edwin Jackson Anti-Positivity Thread
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2014, 03:46:14 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on July 25, 2014, 02:59:19 PM
In the midst of all this wonderful prospect splooging, I don't want to lose sight of fuck this guy. 

No way he actually gets traded, right?

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2014, 03:50:33 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on July 25, 2014, 03:46:14 PM

The Cubs would have to eat so much of his contract that I don't think it's worth it - at least for this year when sucking is just fine (if not preferred.) 

But offseason? Could see it, if they're really committed.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2014, 04:17:17 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on July 25, 2014, 03:50:33 PM

The Cubs would have to eat so much of his contract that I don't think it's worth it - at least for this year when sucking is just fine (if not preferred.) 

somehow accidentally posted this to the Arrieta theread:

Eat his contract, package him with Castro, acquire David Price, then give him 200 million so that in five years we can hate him as much as we hate Edwin Jackson now. This is increasingly likely.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2014, 05:09:45 PM »
He's one of the most depressing players they've had in awhile. I don't even hate him because none of his failures really matter all that much. Are they stressing the arms of the vaunted middle relievers because he can't go seven innings? Maybe, but if that was a critical point they might not have wanted to trade 40% of their rotation away. And they can shut those relievers down whenever they want anyway.

It's just that he's always on the top step of the dugout when he's not pitching. Just chilling. I would think he'd be somewhat embarrassed by all of this but he seems like he doesn't care anymore than we do about it. He's just gonna keep gettin' them checks whether they trade him or not. I don't know why, but it's kind of stressful for me to think about.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2014, 05:20:10 PM »
Quote from: InternetApex on July 25, 2014, 05:09:45 PM
He's one of the most depressing players they've had in awhile. I don't even hate him because none of his failures really matter all that much. Are they stressing the arms of the vaunted middle relievers because he can't go seven innings? Maybe, but if that was a critical point they might not have wanted to trade 40% of their rotation away. And they can shut those relievers down whenever they want anyway.

It's just that he's always on the top step of the dugout when he's not pitching. Just chilling. I would think he'd be somewhat embarrassed by all of this but he seems like he doesn't care anymore than we do about it. He's just gonna keep gettin' them checks whether they trade him or not. I don't know why, but it's kind of stressful for me to think about.

Maybe it's best to just suck it up and hope he goes balls out in his contract year while the Cubbies win the Baseball Bowl.

Shooter

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2014, 06:59:11 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on July 25, 2014, 03:50:33 PM

I would think the chances of trading him are better now. Teams get desperate, and there's a much more limited market for buyers to pick from (no free agents, etc.)

BigDrinky

• Idiot Savant
  • Pollyellon Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2014, 09:29:01 AM »
Anyone else notice that whenever the Cubs score while Jackson is pitching, he seems to almost always give back the added runs in the very next inning? Demoralizing for a team.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2014, 10:33:49 AM »
Quote from: BigDrinky on July 26, 2014, 09:29:01 AM
Anyone else notice that whenever the Cubs score while Jackson is pitching, he seems to almost always give back the added runs in the very next inning? Demoralizing for a team.

Yes.  It's uncanny.

I also read some stat somewhere where he gets hit extremely hard with 2 outs.

Guy can't close.  Guy's got no balls.  Guy fucking sucks.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2014, 11:28:01 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on July 26, 2014, 10:33:49 AM
Guy can't close.  Guy's got no balls.  Guy fucking sucks.

Huey's not a meatball.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2014, 04:27:42 PM »
What's that?  There's runners on base?  Well then, I'll just throw some hanging breaking balls and straight fastballs in the upper half of the zone, that'll work!
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2014, 01:55:13 PM »
Quote from: ChuckD on July 25, 2014, 05:20:10 PM
Quote from: InternetApex on July 25, 2014, 05:09:45 PM

Maybe it's best to just suck it up and hope he goes balls out in his contract year while the Cubbies win the Baseball Bowl.

I just want to point out "Baseball Bowl" is fantastic.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2014, 01:08:35 PM »
Cubs put Edlose on the 15-day DL with a "lat" injury.

Hope it's Lat Cancer and he's dying.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2014, 01:11:48 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on August 21, 2014, 01:08:35 PM

Hold it one fucking second man. First Apex has to rule whether that's a funny cancer or not.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2014, 01:12:49 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on August 21, 2014, 01:08:35 PM

It's Shit Arm.

What's up with Edwin? He's got a shit arm.