News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Fuck Edwin Jackson Anti-Positivity Thread  ( 10,469 )

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The Fuck Edwin Jackson Anti-Positivity Thread
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2015, 02:45:39 AM »
I hesitate to post anything non-inflammatory in what is clearly a lynching thread, but I can't get too bent out of shape about Jackson.  He sucks, but what's he supposed to do?  By all accounts he's working hard to not suck, but it's just not in him.  He's sadly become really, really fucking sucky, but at least he's not looking over to the dugout for a bail-out every time he sucks himself into trouble.  He's out there taking his fucking lumps, and taking them without complaining.  Every time he goes out there he eats an enormous shit sandwich, licks his plate clean and says "thank you".  He doesn't moan about his team-mates, and he doesn't moan about the fans getting on his back.  The Cubs have had much, much bigger cunts than Edwin Jackson.

EDIT: The whole bigger cunts that Edwin Jackson?
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2015, 07:13:53 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on March 25, 2015, 02:45:39 AM
I hesitate to post anything non-inflammatory in what is clearly a lynching thread, but I can't get too bent out of shape about Jackson.  He sucks, but what's he supposed to do?  By all accounts he's working hard to not suck, but it's just not in him.  He's sadly become really, really fucking sucky, but at least he's not looking over to the dugout for a bail-out every time he sucks himself into trouble.  He's out there taking his fucking lumps, and taking them without complaining.  Every time he goes out there he eats an enormous shit sandwich, licks his plate clean and says "thank you".  He doesn't moan about his team-mates, and he doesn't moan about the fans getting on his back.  The Cubs have had much, much bigger cunts than Edwin Jackson.

EDIT: The whole bigger cunts that Edwin Jackson?

He could use Google Maps more effectively.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2015, 08:06:15 AM »
To date all Edwin Jackson has ever done is lose games that don't matter and that the Cubs were better off losing anyways. That he's made mid-tier starter money for that on a team is no skin off of my balls. I don't think the Cubs have any intention of letting him flail away in games they actually hope to win, so I have a hard time getting my hate up for him. He belongs in the Ruben Quevedo waste bin of guys on bad Cubs teams I'll look back on and go "oh yeah, that guy! Yeah he was awful" and not in the Sean Estes group of guys who angered my anger beyond all anger everytime they took the ball and hurt the team's chances. That group also includes any start made by Jason Marquis after June in 2007 or 2008.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2015, 09:02:04 AM »
Quote from: SKO on March 25, 2015, 08:06:15 AM
To date all Edwin Jackson has ever done is lose games that don't matter and that the Cubs were better off losing anyways. That he's made mid-tier starter money for that on a team is no skin off of my balls. I don't think the Cubs have any intention of letting him flail away in games they actually hope to win, so I have a hard time getting my hate up for him. He belongs in the Ruben Quevedo waste bin of guys on bad Cubs teams I'll look back on and go "oh yeah, that guy! Yeah he was awful" and not in the Sean Estes group of guys who angered my anger beyond all anger everytime they took the ball and hurt the team's chances. That group also includes any start made by Jason Marquis after June in 2007 or 2008.

All of THI. He actually makes me sad when I look at him. I don't pity him but I can at least empathize with him about how it feels to be bad at SPORTZ. Estes and Marquis deserve to die for what they did.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2015, 09:16:48 AM »
Quote from: InternetApex on March 25, 2015, 09:02:04 AM
Estes and Marquis deserve to die for what they did.

For whatever reason, the thing I remember most about Estes is that inexplicable complete-game shutout in his last start of 2003 that helped seal a playoff spot. So, I guess it wasn't all bad. Just almost entirely bad.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2015, 09:20:18 AM »
Quote from: Eli on March 25, 2015, 09:16:48 AM

For whatever reason, the thing I remember most about Estes is that inexplicable complete-game shutout in his last start of 2003 that helped seal a playoff spot. So, I guess it wasn't all bad. Just almost entirely bad.

I remember that start too. I guess I'll let him live.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2015, 09:21:26 AM »

I mostly remember him being the first guy that got way too many opportunities to fuck up because Dusty vouched for him. But I do remember that start against a Reds lineup where the best hitter was Ryan Freel. Good for you, Shawn. Good for you.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2015, 09:24:36 AM »
Quote from: SKO on March 25, 2015, 09:21:26 AM

I mostly remember him being the first guy that got way too many opportunities to fuck up because Dusty vouched for him. But I do remember that start against a Reds lineup where the best hitter was Ryan Freel. Good for you, Shawn. Good for you.
http://www.retrosheet.org/boxesetc/2003/B09240CIN2003.htm

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2015, 09:54:08 AM »
Marquis deserve to die for what they did.

Some credit is due. He helped knock the Cards out of the playoffs in 2004 and 2005.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2015, 10:28:25 AM »
Jesus, you people tolerate so much bullshit.

Great - Edwin isn't a total asshat and seems like a standup dude.

Now, get off the field.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2015, 10:32:35 AM »
Quote from: PenFoe on March 25, 2015, 10:28:25 AM

Now, get off the field.

Woah, woah, all we've said so far is his sucking has been irrelevant. In the unlikely scenario he actually gets meaningful innings for the Cubs this year and pitches like he has the last two years, we will hate him with the fury of a thousand white hot burning suns.

Nobody has said you're wrong to hate him, it's just hard for me to hate a guy who has been awful when it doesn't matter. I don't hate Chris Volstad, either, but if he had somehow put up those numbers on a Cubs team that ever had a chance of competing I'd say he was worse than Hitler.

It's like hating Fred McGriff more than I hate Willie Greene. There was no question which player sucked harder, but context is everything.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2015, 10:33:00 AM »

Wait until RV arises from the dead to point out how superawesome Edlose's peripherals are.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2015, 10:39:22 AM »
One word...

Calvin Schiraldi
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2015, 10:45:21 AM »
Quote from: SKO on March 25, 2015, 10:32:35 AM
it's just hard for me to hate a guy who has been awful when it doesn't matter.

Alfonso Soriano - Career Cubs Playoff totals:

AB    R   H   2B   3B   HR   RBI   SB   CS   BB   SO    BA     OBP    SLG    OPS
28    0   3    0   0     0    0     0    0    1    8   0.107  0.138  0.107  0.245

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #44 on: March 25, 2015, 10:49:40 AM »
Quote from: SKO on March 25, 2015, 10:32:35 AM

Now, get off the field.

Woah, woah, all we've said so far is his sucking has been irrelevant. In the unlikely scenario he actually gets meaningful innings for the Cubs this year and pitches like he has the last two years, we will hate him with the fury of a thousand white hot burning suns.

Nobody has said you're wrong to hate him, it's just hard for me to hate a guy who has been awful when it doesn't matter. I don't hate Chris Volstad, either, but if he had somehow put up those numbers on a Cubs team that ever had a chance of competing I'd say he was worse than Hitler.

It's like hating Fred McGriff more than I hate Willie Greene. There was no question which player sucked harder, but context is everything.

HE'S BEEN BLOCKING CHRIS RUSIN FOR THE LAST TWO YEARS.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.