News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Bears 2015 Draft Discussion  ( 56,564 )

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Bears 2015 Draft Discussion
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2014, 03:49:21 PM »
Also if you're worried about any of the other injuries like Slauson or Garza, De La Puente is better and younger than Garza and had the highest grade of anyone on the team from PFF after he came in. Ola oddly enough had the highest grade of any guard in the NFL after week one. I don't know if he can keep that up, but the offensive line depth is obviously far better than it used to be and barring More injuries I don't see pass protection being a major issue, at least.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2014, 03:57:32 PM »
Quote from: InternetApex on September 10, 2014, 03:43:44 PM
Quote from: SKO on September 10, 2014, 03:40:00 PM
Quote from: Slaky on September 10, 2014, 03:10:39 PM
With Marshall and Jeffery hurt I can't imagine the season goes anywhere but a top 10 pick. They're day-to-day so I assume they'll be able to play but being injured in week one means that's one nagging injury they're already dealing with. It'll only get worse.

I hate football.

I really don't think the injuries are that serious, and Brandon Marshall has a history of being productive even when hurt. He played all of 2012 on a hip injury that required surgery and had 1500 yards. I think there's plenty of reasons to be concerned about this team, but I'm not fretting those two being banged up with a twisted ankle and a mildly strained hammy.

That's good. I actually am concerned.

I'm not going to blow smoke up your ass. I'm terrified. But there's still reason to think these cuakers aren't done. There's just, like, as many reasons to think they are. 
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2014, 04:02:56 PM »
Quote from: SKO on September 10, 2014, 03:57:32 PM
With Marshall and Jeffery hurt I can't imagine the season goes anywhere but a top 10 pick. They're day-to-day so I assume they'll be able to play but being injured in week one means that's one nagging injury they're already dealing with. It'll only get worse.

I hate football.

I really don't think the injuries are that serious, and Brandon Marshall has a history of being productive even when hurt. He played all of 2012 on a hip injury that required surgery and had 1500 yards. I think there's plenty of reasons to be concerned about this team, but I'm not fretting those two being banged up with a twisted ankle and a mildly strained hammy.

I'm not going to blow smoke up your ass. I'm terrified. But there's still reason to think these cuakers aren't done. There's just, like, as many reasons to think they are. 

If you the reasons to think you're done equal the reasons to think you aren't done, you're done.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2014, 04:24:58 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on September 10, 2014, 04:02:56 PM

I hate football.

If you the reasons to think you're done equal the reasons to think you aren't done, you're done.

Maybe? Despite the raw rushing totals, the run defense was better than most of the second half of last year. They held the Bills to 4/12 on third down with their average distance to go being 3rd and 7. The Bills had two drives of 40 yards or more. They got 13 of their points off turnovers and gained 28 yards total on those scoring drives. It wasn't quite the relentless soul-crushing they suffered at the hands of nobodies like Kellen Clemens and Bennie Cunningham last year. There's talent on that  defense. I'm not sure that all of it is being used properly (Willie Young needs to play more than Jared Allen, Sutton/Ferguson need more playing time than Stephen Paea). Bostic had a nice game. Shea was a non-entity. Hopefully Christian Jones will snare that job before too long. They were good enough that the team could have won with them and I think they can be better. I know the offense can manage to Not commit 3 soul-crushing turnovers every week. But whether they'll put it all together at the same time in enough weeks to be a playoff team, I don't know.

I don't think a few turnover suddenly made this offense crappy, and we were mostly on board with the "good offense, 20ish ranked defense equals 9 to 11 wins train at one point, I thought? But again, I never imagined they'd lose to Buffalo so okay.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2014, 04:30:08 PM »

I hate football.

No YOU the reasons.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2014, 05:00:49 PM »
Quote from: SKO on September 10, 2014, 04:24:58 PM

I hate football.

Maybe? Despite the raw rushing totals, the run defense was better than most of the second half of last year. They held the Bills to 4/12 on third down with their average distance to go being 3rd and 7. The Bills had two drives of 40 yards or more. They got 13 of their points off turnovers and gained 28 yards total on those scoring drives. It wasn't quite the relentless soul-crushing they suffered at the hands of nobodies like Kellen Clemens and Bennie Cunningham last year. There's talent on that  defense. I'm not sure that all of it is being used properly (Willie Young needs to play more than Jared Allen, Sutton/Ferguson need more playing time than Stephen Paea). Bostic had a nice game. Shea was a non-entity. Hopefully Christian Jones will snare that job before too long. They were good enough that the team could have won with them and I think they can be better. I know the offense can manage to Not commit 3 soul-crushing turnovers every week. But whether they'll put it all together at the same time in enough weeks to be a playoff team, I don't know.

I don't think a few turnover suddenly made this offense crappy, and we were mostly on board with the "good offense, 20ish ranked defense equals 9 to 11 wins train at one point, I thought? But again, I never imagined they'd lose to Buffalo so okay.

The Buffalo game was chalked up as a win by everyone. Which means they've gotta beat someone they aren't supposed to. Even if they do...I mean they just aren't in that Seattle/SF class. Even if they end up winning the division that's still true.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2014, 05:05:34 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on September 10, 2014, 05:00:49 PM
Quote from: SKO on September 10, 2014, 04:24:58 PM

I hate football.

The Buffalo game was chalked up as a win by everyone. Which means they've gotta beat someone they aren't supposed to. Even if they do...I mean they just aren't in that Seattle/SF class. Even if they end up winning the division that's still true.

Well no shit but if "the Bears need to be as good as the two best teams in the league including one that may legitimately be one of the most talented teams ever" was your only hope this year you should probably have skipped the Buffalo game.  Just make the playoffs and anything can happen. Ask Eli Manning.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2014, 07:42:43 PM »
Starting to regret my Levi's Stadium ticket purchase for Sunday.  Is there any chance the Bears don't get embarrassed in this game?  1%?
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2014, 08:40:12 AM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on September 10, 2014, 07:42:43 PM
Starting to regret my Levi's Stadium ticket purchase for Sunday.  Is there any chance the Bears don't get embarrassed in this game?  1%?

If this is "The Cutler Game" we've all been waiting our entire lives for, they won't get embarrassed.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2014, 09:41:34 AM »
Quote from: InternetApex on September 11, 2014, 08:40:12 AM

If this is "The Cutler Game" we've all been waiting our entire lives for, they won't get embarrassed.

Realistically, what would "The Cutler Game" look like?

Are you talking about him just hitting on all cylinders and he goes say, 25-32 for 400+ and 5 TDs? Or are you talking about leading some perfect game winning drive that leaves no time on the clock?

Please elaborate.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2014, 09:47:07 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on September 11, 2014, 09:41:34 AM

Are you talking about him just hitting on all cylinders and he goes say, 25-32 for 400+ and 5 TDs? Or are you talking about leading some perfect game winning drive that leaves no time on the clock?

Please elaborate.

Lots of smiles and high fives would be a good start.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2014, 09:47:23 AM »

Please elaborate.

Yes.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2014, 09:55:28 AM »
Quote from: BH on September 11, 2014, 09:47:07 AM

Please elaborate.

Lots of smiles and high fives would be a good start.

A game where he plays like Andrew Luck.
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2014, 10:12:27 AM »

FWIW, the 49ers didn't look all that great last week.

Romo basically gave them the game and then they just held on to win it. 

The defense has a lot of losses from last year, Crabtree didn't click well with Kaep in the first game and the running game wasn't overly impressive until the very end of the game, against a team that's supposed to have one of the worst defenses in the league, if not the history of the league.

So yeah...probably like 27-10 49ers.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2014, 10:23:43 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on September 11, 2014, 09:47:23 AM
Starting to regret my Levi's Stadium ticket purchase for Sunday.  Is there any chance the Bears don't get embarrassed in this game?  1%?

Please elaborate.

Yes.

I'm thinking 65% completions for 400 yards and 4 TDs, no turnovers and that glorious up your fucking ass drive at the end on NBC in front of Gord and everybody.

"The Cutler Game."

And I realize that isn't happening without semi-functional 15 and 17 on the field at the same time.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.