News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Bears 2015 Draft Discussion  ( 56,565 )

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Bears 2015 Draft Discussion
« Reply #180 on: October 06, 2014, 12:40:42 PM »
Quote from: CubFaninHydePark on October 05, 2014, 03:13:58 PM
Forte's fumble was bad....but if the human dumpster fire doesn't let loose that god-awful lazy fucking overthrow on the series before, that sequence of events never gets set in motion.

3 points and a horribly ineffective QB in the 2nd half.  A QB who has only done things when the defense has gift-wrapped him balls in the red zone (or close to).

This team sucks.  This QB sucks.

Matt Forte's Fumble Was The Most Damaging Play Of Week 5

With under fives minutes to play in a tie game, Chicago possessed the ball with an opportunity to control the clock and take the lead. But Matt Forte fumbled in what was the most detrimental play of the week. According to data from Brian Burke of Advanced Football Analytics the fumble lowered the Bears' Win Probability 34 percentage points.

Burke's Win Probability measures a variety of things, like time remaining, score, down, and distance. Forte's fumble was particularly costly given the score and time remaining in the game. The play lowered the Bears' Win Probability from 59 percent to 25 percent and led to Cam Newton's game-winning touchdown pass six plays later.

The Bears' previous possession also resulted in one of the most costly plays of the week as Jay Cutler's interception lowered their Win Probability 26 percentage points. The interception lowered the Bears' Win Probability from 80 percent to 54 percent and led to a Carolina field goal, which tied the game.

Next day Bears anger aside, it's actually pretty interesting. 
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #181 on: October 06, 2014, 01:24:45 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on October 06, 2014, 12:40:42 PM
Forte's fumble was bad....but if the human dumpster fire doesn't let loose that god-awful lazy fucking overthrow on the series before, that sequence of events never gets set in motion.

3 points and a horribly ineffective QB in the 2nd half.  A QB who has only done things when the defense has gift-wrapped him balls in the red zone (or close to).

With under fives minutes to play in a tie game, Chicago possessed the ball with an opportunity to control the clock and take the lead. But Matt Forte fumbled in what was the most detrimental play of the week. According to data from Brian Burke of Advanced Football Analytics the fumble lowered the Bears' Win Probability 34 percentage points.

Burke's Win Probability measures a variety of things, like time remaining, score, down, and distance. Forte's fumble was particularly costly given the score and time remaining in the game. The play lowered the Bears' Win Probability from 59 percent to 25 percent and led to Cam Newton's game-winning touchdown pass six plays later.

The Bears' previous possession also resulted in one of the most costly plays of the week as Jay Cutler's interception lowered their Win Probability 26 percentage points. The interception lowered the Bears' Win Probability from 80 percent to 54 percent and led to a Carolina field goal, which tied the game.

I love analytics as much as the next guy but did I really need to see the advanced math that "guy who fumbles at his own 30 with 3 minutes left in a tie ball game did a really bad thing?" No. I did not.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #182 on: October 06, 2014, 04:10:39 PM »

I'm glad to hear your Steelers Fan's Inexplicable Bears Anger (SFIBA) has subsided.  Keep us posted.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #183 on: October 06, 2014, 04:14:29 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on October 06, 2014, 04:10:39 PM

I'm glad to hear your Steelers Fan's Inexplicable Bears Anger (SFIBA) has subsided.  Keep us posted.

I was talking about you guys.

Pretty surprised that wasn't understood. 

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #184 on: October 06, 2014, 04:38:45 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on October 06, 2014, 04:14:29 PM

I got what you were saying. I hate you no less for it.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #185 on: October 06, 2014, 05:20:26 PM »
Quote from: SKO on October 06, 2014, 04:38:45 PM

So you were also speaking on behalf of Bears fans when you said it's pretty interesting, or did you mean you found it interesting?  Because I'm with SKO, I'm shocked that fumbling in that situation was bad news for the Bears.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #186 on: October 06, 2014, 09:00:51 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on October 06, 2014, 05:20:26 PM
Quote from: SKO on October 06, 2014, 04:38:45 PM

So you were also speaking on behalf of Bears fans when you said it's pretty interesting, or did you mean you found it interesting?  Because I'm with SKO, I'm shocked that fumbling in that situation was bad news for the Bears.

Yeah, but what if the Bears had recovered the fumble?  It's probably not so bad, then.  Just something to think about, guys. 
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #187 on: October 08, 2014, 01:43:49 PM »
Now that I'm done being angry about the Bears' loss on Sunday, here's a piece on Grantland analyzing the 2-3 teams and their chances of making the playoffs.

Spoiler Alert: Bears out, Saints, out, Vikings Out, Falcons in.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #188 on: October 08, 2014, 04:23:44 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on October 08, 2014, 01:43:49 PM
Now that I'm done being angry about the Bears' loss on Sunday, here's a piece on Grantland analyzing the 2-3 teams and their chances of making the playoffs.

I think my argument for the Falcons would have boiled down to "the NFC South blows." But I don't disagree with anything he said.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #189 on: October 08, 2014, 08:50:32 PM »
Quote from: SKO on October 08, 2014, 04:23:44 PM
Quote from: PenFoe on October 08, 2014, 01:43:49 PM

I think my argument for the Falcons would have boiled down to "the NFC South blows." But I don't disagree with anything he said.

I know someone from that division has to make it, but it's really hard to see a team with both a terrible defense and offensive line get to the playoffs, offensive weapons or not.  Plus, they're terrible in outdoor games also lately.  They've got a solid QB and one of the top 3-4 WRs in the NFL, but outside that, I'm not sold at all on the Falcons.  Their only wins are at home versus the Saints (who suck on the road) and at home for a Thursday Night trainwreck against the Bucs.  Pretty sure that's a bad team too. 

Of all those NFC teams, it's still hard to see the Saints outside looking in, and I'd put the Bears second.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #190 on: October 12, 2014, 08:03:23 PM »
Human Dumpster Fire:

156/229 (68.1%), 1676 YDs, 13 TDs, 6 INTs, 7.3 YPA, 279 YPG, 7.3 YPA, 97.4 passer rating.

I've seen worse dumpster fires?

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #191 on: October 12, 2014, 08:13:40 PM »
Quote from: SKO on October 12, 2014, 08:03:23 PM
Human Dumpster Fire:

156/229 (68.1%), 1676 YDs, 13 TDs, 6 INTs, 7.3 YPA, 279 YPG, 7.3 YPA, 97.4 passer rating.

Yeah but he doesn't look like he's sorry for being a dumpster fire or that he cares. Give me a dumpster fire with the fire and the passion anyday over this bum.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #192 on: October 12, 2014, 08:28:23 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on October 12, 2014, 08:13:40 PM
Human Dumpster Fire:

Yeah but he doesn't look like he's sorry for being a dumpster fire or that he cares. Give me a dumpster fire with the fire and the passion anyday over this bum.

And at this rate the Bears can take Jameis Winston with a mid round pick in the 2018 supplemental draft after he gets out of prison. Win win!

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #193 on: October 12, 2014, 08:44:52 PM »
Quote from: SKO on October 12, 2014, 08:28:23 PM
Human Dumpster Fire:

And at this rate the Bears can take Jameis Winston with a mid round pick in the 2018 supplemental draft after he gets out of prison. Win win!

He suited up to PLAY even when he was suspended! THAT'S A BORN WINNER RIGHT THERE. He'd never beg out of a game at halftime like Jake Utler! #SHAMEUSFORJAMEIS

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #194 on: October 12, 2014, 09:59:01 PM »
Human Dumpster Fire:

So he's a smoldering dumpster?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16