News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Bears 2015 Draft Discussion  ( 56,564 )

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Bears 2015 Draft Discussion
« Reply #375 on: December 03, 2014, 02:50:06 PM »
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #376 on: December 03, 2014, 03:18:02 PM »
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #377 on: December 07, 2014, 08:59:14 PM »
The Niners continue to prove the Bears' Week 2 win meant absolutely less than nothing.  All part of Harbaugh's plan to get fired, become a free agent, and sign with Chicago.  Duh.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

CubFaninHydePark

• President The Bull Moose Fan Club
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #378 on: December 15, 2014, 11:00:10 PM »
Anyone else happy that the Bears put over New Orleans like an aging Chris Jericho puts over anyone who gets in the ring with him?

I'd much rather see NO win the division than the Falcons or...the car wreck that is the Panthers.
Those Cardinals aren't red, they're yellow.  Like the Spanish!

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #379 on: December 15, 2014, 11:44:40 PM »
Go Bears!

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #380 on: December 16, 2014, 08:11:55 AM »
Quote from: CubFaninHydePark on December 15, 2014, 11:00:10 PM
Anyone else happy that the Bears put over New Orleans like an aging Chris Jericho puts over anyone who gets in the ring with him?

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #381 on: December 16, 2014, 08:17:56 AM »
Quote from: Eli on December 16, 2014, 08:11:55 AM

Yeah.

Is Chris Jericho an MMA fighter?

Even if he was, I'm not sure that helps me understand what was written.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #382 on: December 16, 2014, 08:25:17 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on December 16, 2014, 08:17:56 AM

Yeah.

wrassler

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #383 on: December 16, 2014, 08:30:01 AM »
I have no hope for this franchise unless and until they clean house from Phillips on down, bring in a goddamn football executive to be the President and start acting like a real goodamn football franchise for once in our goddamn lives (save for a Jim Finks less-than-a-decade *blip*).  Christ, this team has won exactly TWO NFL Championships since 1946.  The fucking Lions and Browns have each won more in this time and we've spent so much time endlessly ripping on those tard franchises.  Rightfully so, but when you stop and consider what little this franchise has done, well fuck all.

For the Blackhawks, Bill Wirtz had to die.  For the Cubs, the team needed to be sold.  There are too many McCaskeys where any one death would precede the necessary sea change, and they're sure as fuck not going to sell the team, so the only hope is that these weirdos that are already there wake the fuck up, hit the goddamn reset button and start this thing over from the top down.  These people are smart, right?  They all went to college, right?  Come on assholes.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #384 on: December 16, 2014, 08:37:02 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on December 16, 2014, 08:25:17 AM
Quote from: PANK! on December 16, 2014, 08:17:56 AM

Yeah.

wrassler

I'm neither shocked nor surprised.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #385 on: December 16, 2014, 10:01:34 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on December 16, 2014, 08:30:01 AM
I have no hope for this franchise unless and until they clean house from Phillips on down, bring in a goddamn football executive to be the President and start acting like a real goodamn football franchise for once in our goddamn lives (save for a Jim Finks less-than-a-decade *blip*).  Christ, this team has won exactly TWO NFL Championships since 1946.  The fucking Lions and Browns have each won more in this time and we've spent so much time endlessly ripping on those tard franchises.  Rightfully so, but when you stop and consider what little this franchise has done, well fuck all.

For the Blackhawks, Bill Wirtz had to die.  For the Cubs, the team needed to be sold.  There are too many McCaskeys where any one death would precede the necessary sea change, and they're sure as fuck not going to sell the team, so the only hope is that these weirdos that are already there wake the fuck up, hit the goddamn reset button and start this thing over from the top down.  These people are smart, right?  They all went to college, right?  Come on assholes.

I keep seeing people say "the McCaskeys will never sell".  Do you think that's really the case?  I know there's been references to the family holding on to the team after Virginia's death, but I wonder how realistic that is.  It seems like there are quite a few McCaskeys who really won't reap any benefit to their team ownership unless they sell their shares.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #386 on: December 16, 2014, 10:05:26 AM »
Quote from: CT III on December 16, 2014, 10:01:34 AM

I keep seeing people say "the McCaskeys will never sell".  Do you think that's really the case?  I know there's been references to the family holding on to the team after Virginia's death, but I wonder how realistic that is.  It seems like there are quite a few McCaskeys who really won't reap any benefit to their team ownership unless they sell their shares.

True....it's probably not much of a revenue-generator (though it has served as a reliable safety net for nepotistic employment) and if they sold it they would get quite a bit of liquid--even after taxes.  The problem is there's like 500 of these teat-suckers so who knows if a sale would still set them up, generationally.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #387 on: December 16, 2014, 10:15:10 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on December 16, 2014, 10:05:26 AM

I keep seeing people say "the McCaskeys will never sell".  Do you think that's really the case?  I know there's been references to the family holding on to the team after Virginia's death, but I wonder how realistic that is.  It seems like there are quite a few McCaskeys who really won't reap any benefit to their team ownership unless they sell their shares.

True....it's probably not much of a revenue-generator (though it has served as a reliable safety net for nepotistic employment) and if they sold it they would get quite a bit of liquid--even after taxes.  The problem is there's like 500 of these teat-suckers so who knows if a sale would still set them up, generationally.

It will depend on if they are allowed to sell their shares individually.  I was picturing a scenario where the shares were divided equally among VM's kids (I think there are 11) each having control over their portion. My guess is that Pat Ryan would be willing to buy the shares off anyone who was willing to sell, and that the remaining members of the family wouldn't have wherewithal to match an offer.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #388 on: December 16, 2014, 10:45:17 AM »
Quote from: CT III on December 16, 2014, 10:15:10 AM

It will depend on if they are allowed to sell their shares individually.  I was picturing a scenario where the shares were divided equally among VM's kids (I think there are 11) each having control over their portion. My guess is that Pat Ryan would be willing to buy the shares off anyone who was willing to sell, and that the remaining members of the family wouldn't have wherewithal to match an offer.

So now I understand what it was like for you guys to be Blackhawks fans all those years under Bill Wirtz. Rooting for ownership to die/sell. This sucks major hang.

I guess we need to hope for the Cubs to win several World Series and the franchise value to shoot up to $10 B or something so Ricketts can make a ridiculous offer to the McCaskeys.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #389 on: December 16, 2014, 10:54:41 AM »
Quote from: R-V on December 16, 2014, 10:45:17 AM
Quote from: CT III on December 16, 2014, 10:15:10 AM

It will depend on if they are allowed to sell their shares individually.  I was picturing a scenario where the shares were divided equally among VM's kids (I think there are 11) each having control over their portion. My guess is that Pat Ryan would be willing to buy the shares off anyone who was willing to sell, and that the remaining members of the family wouldn't have wherewithal to match an offer.

So now I understand what it was like for you guys to be Blackhawks fans all those years under Bill Wirtz. Rooting for ownership to die/sell. This sucks major hang.

I guess we need to hope for the Cubs to win several World Series and the franchise value to shoot up to $10 B or something so Ricketts can make a ridiculous offer to the McCaskeys.

I really don't think the McCaskeys are to blame here, I guess. I don't even think Ted Philips is to blame. Spending is so standardized in the NFL right now that it's pretty hard for cheap ownership to cripple anything.

The real terror here is that Phil Emery was the Bears Theo and he fucked himself hard. He's the most analytical GM in football. The Bears are contracted with more analytics companies than any other team. They have their own director of analytics when most still don't. Emery expanded the scouting department to make it one of the biggest in the NFL. Hell, he hasn't even drafted that poorly. I get that Shea McLellin was a disaster for the position he was drafted to play but he's actually PFF's 7th ranked 4-3 OLB right now. He's not bad at it. Jeffery's been good. Bostic's actually been about a league average MLB this year when most think he's probably better suited for WLB. Kyle Long has allowed one sack all year. Ego and Sutton and Vereen and Fuller have all shown promise.
He's made some decent free agent pickups with guys like Willie and Ratliff.

This isn't a defense of Phil Emery though. He fucked up the biggest decision he will ever make, and he's fucked it up BADLY. Bruce Arians was right fucking there and he has been arguably the coach getting the most out of the least in the NFL the last two seasons and Emery supposedly didn't hire him because he wanted Arians to keep Rod Marinelli (who was GOING TO LEAVE ANYWAY because Lovie was his BFF) and Arians rightly demanded the ability to choose his own coordinator.

So what I'm saying is you can demand new ownership and a new president and a new GM that'll Moneyball the hell out of the franchise or whatever you want them to do, but frankly Phil Emery just did all of that and it didn't matter because he fucked up and hired the wrong coach. Who knows if the next guy will find the right one.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015