News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Bears 2015 Draft Discussion  ( 56,560 )

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Bears 2015 Draft Discussion
« Reply #420 on: December 16, 2014, 03:46:35 PM »
Quote from: SKO on December 16, 2014, 02:00:51 PM
Quote from: Slaky on December 16, 2014, 01:53:27 PM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on December 16, 2014, 01:41:43 PM
Quote from: SKO on December 16, 2014, 01:35:35 PM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on December 16, 2014, 01:25:08 PM
Quote from: Eli on December 16, 2014, 01:11:41 PM
Quote from: SKO on December 16, 2014, 01:08:36 PM
Football Chuck is the worst.

Baseball and the NBA Blackhawks basically cover the entire calendar year. You don't even need football or basketball.

I imagine Chuck just goes to various Bulls blogs to comment on how much he enjoys not commenting on Bulls blogs, because Chuck doesn't like the Bulls or the NBA. Did y'all know Chuck doesn't like the Bulls?

People blog about the Bulls? Really?  Other than Dan Bernstein bitching about Derrick Rose's lack of intelligence, I didn't know people talked about the Bulls. Well, since 1998.

wrong as usual

Let's just back away slowly before he traps us any further.

Fix'd.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #421 on: December 16, 2014, 04:59:22 PM »
Chuck may be the worst, but should we at least acknowledge that for a brief moment four months ago, Chuck was right?

Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on August 22, 2014, 10:16:31 PM
Just getting an early start.

Won't need this thread for at least 3 or 4 more weeks.

Broken clock?

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #422 on: December 17, 2014, 09:22:27 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on December 16, 2014, 04:59:22 PM
Chuck may be the worst, but should we at least acknowledge that for a brief moment four months ago, Chuck was right?

Broken clock?

That's kind of Chuck's bit though. Predict that something/someone is going to suck way before the evidence supports it, so that he can look like a soothsayer if it does happen.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #423 on: December 17, 2014, 10:08:54 AM »
Quote from: R-V on December 17, 2014, 09:22:27 AM
Quote from: Brownie on December 16, 2014, 04:59:22 PM

Broken clock?

That's kind of Chuck's bit though. Predict that something/someone is going to suck way before the evidence supports it, so that he can look like a soothsayer if it does happen.

No.

My goal is to look like upside down Al.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #424 on: December 17, 2014, 05:59:57 PM »

Jimmy time.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #425 on: December 17, 2014, 07:30:42 PM »
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #426 on: December 17, 2014, 07:31:41 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on December 17, 2014, 07:30:42 PM
Quote from: PenFoe on December 17, 2014, 05:59:57 PM

Jimmy time.

I hate this team.

Meh.  I feel like one of Bobby Knight's rape victims.

CubFaninHydePark

• President The Bull Moose Fan Club
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #427 on: December 17, 2014, 10:27:14 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on December 16, 2014, 12:24:17 PM
Quote from: Slaky on December 16, 2014, 11:47:42 AM
My worthless opinion is they should let Emery clean out the coaches and bring in new guys. Give them a shot. I think SKO is right in trying to state that the talent isn't where this team should be a Super Bowl favorite this year but they're also not 5-9 national embarrassment level bad either. Fire the coaches. Try new ones.

Then obviously if that is a total failure everyone goes.

Let's be real - ownership isn't changing. Firing Emery as well as all the coaches just seems too soon. Everyone's disgusted with this team right now but it does seem that a ton of it can be laid at the feet of the coach and the weirdo culture he's established.

I'm with you, except for the fact that Emery's very hiring of said weirdo should be a red flag for his judgement.  You really want that guy making another coaching hire?

If it involves driving dump trucks of money up to Bill Cowher's or Nick Saban's house, I'm for letting this guy make another coaching hire. 
Those Cardinals aren't red, they're yellow.  Like the Spanish!

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #428 on: December 18, 2014, 06:59:41 AM »
Quote from: CubFaninHydePark on December 17, 2014, 10:27:14 PM
My worthless opinion is they should let Emery clean out the coaches and bring in new guys. Give them a shot. I think SKO is right in trying to state that the talent isn't where this team should be a Super Bowl favorite this year but they're also not 5-9 national embarrassment level bad either. Fire the coaches. Try new ones.

Let's be real - ownership isn't changing. Firing Emery as well as all the coaches just seems too soon. Everyone's disgusted with this team right now but it does seem that a ton of it can be laid at the feet of the coach and the weirdo culture he's established.

I'm with you, except for the fact that Emery's very hiring of said weirdo should be a red flag for his judgement.  You really want that guy making another coaching hire?

If it involves driving dump trucks of money up to Bill Cowher's or Nick Saban's house, I'm for letting this guy make another coaching hire. 

The Bears are moving into the SEC? Awesome. Because Saban hasn't won shit anywhere else. And Cutler lit up. The SEC.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #429 on: December 18, 2014, 08:11:45 AM »

Bill Cowher, huh? The guy that was basically Lovie Smith? Who was a head coach for 14 years before he won a title? The guy that started Kordell Stewart at quarterback for multiple seasons? The one who hasn't coached since 2006 (when he went 8-8 and was replaced by a guy who improved their record by three wins the next year and won a Superbowl the year after that) and has never had to face anything like a spread offense? The guy who many think was mostly just benefitting from one of the greatest defensive coordinators of all time and wouldn't get to bring him with him?

Can't see any problems with that strategy.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #430 on: December 18, 2014, 08:37:25 AM »
Quote from: SKO on December 18, 2014, 08:11:45 AM

Bill Cowher, huh? The guy that was basically Lovie Smith? Who was a head coach for 14 years before he won a title? The guy that started Kordell Stewart at quarterback for multiple seasons? The one who hasn't coached since 2006 (when he went 8-8 and was replaced by a guy who improved their record by three wins the next year and won a Superbowl the year after that) and has never had to face anything like a spread offense? The guy who many think was mostly just benefitting from one of the greatest defensive coordinators of all time and wouldn't get to bring him with him?

You also thought Cutler was a great QB, so you know what's the best it seams.
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

Tinker to Evers to Chance

• F@#$in' New Guy
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #431 on: December 18, 2014, 09:13:39 AM »

Bill Cowher has a mustache, though.
Validated by Thrillho - Vicinity WG543441 on or about 102345AUG08

I don't get this KurtEvans photoshop at all.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #432 on: December 18, 2014, 09:20:12 AM »
Quote from: Tinker to Evers to Chance on December 18, 2014, 09:13:39 AM

And a stern jawline. You can bet he doesn't tolerate bullshit.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #433 on: December 18, 2014, 09:40:49 AM »
Quote from: SKO on December 18, 2014, 09:20:12 AM

I'm with you, except for the fact that Emery's very hiring of said weirdo should be a red flag for his judgement.  You really want that guy making another coaching hire?

HIM AN DA COACH DERE BOTH FROM PENCILVANIA! JUST LISEN TO DEM TALK! LEMME TELL YA DERE CUT FROM DA SAME CLOTH MY FRENT!
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #434 on: December 18, 2014, 09:47:28 AM »
Quote from: flannj on December 18, 2014, 09:40:49 AM
Quote from: SKO on December 18, 2014, 09:20:12 AM

I'm with you, except for the fact that Emery's very hiring of said weirdo should be a red flag for his judgement.  You really want that guy making another coaching hire?

HIM AN DA COACH DERE BOTH FROM PENCILVANIA! JUST LISEN TO DEM TALK! LEMME TELL YA DERE CUT FROM DA SAME CLOTH MY FRENT!

And both shit the tub too many times to count at home in the playoffs.  Fuck Bill Cowher.