News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Chuck Is Wrong Discussion  ( 3,554 )

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Chuck Is Wrong Discussion
« on: August 23, 2014, 02:39:37 AM »
Just getting an early start.

Won't need this thread for at least ten more seconds.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Chuck Is Wrong Discussion
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2014, 09:11:30 AM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on August 23, 2014, 02:39:37 AM
Just getting an early start.

Won't need this thread for at least ten more seconds.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2014, 09:26:12 AM »
Not sure if wrong is the correct adjective for these tweets as much weird, stupid and pointless.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2014, 09:32:57 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on August 27, 2014, 09:26:12 AM
Not sure if wrong is the correct adjective for these tweets as much weird, stupid and pointless.

They're insanely bad. This is worse.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2014, 01:33:32 PM »
Jesus H. Christ YHWH H. Adonai that is terrible, Chuck.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2014, 11:23:26 PM »
Quote from: Eli on August 27, 2014, 09:04:51 PM
https://twitter.com/ivychat/status/504809701234966530

Can we finally settle on Castro as the new FYC?

Or maybe Castro and Baez?
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2014, 06:59:25 AM »
Fork's big on the bereavement excuse....as if the sudden death of four friends can compel someone to not run out of the box after hitting the ball.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2014, 07:47:30 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on August 28, 2014, 06:59:25 AM
Fork's big on the bereavement excuse....as if the sudden death of four friends can compel someone to not run out of the box after hitting the ball.

If the problem is as chronic as Kap, Kasper etc. say, it could have waited until next time for the pile-on, since there would be a next time fairly soon.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2014, 08:26:05 AM »

PLAY DA GAME DA RIGHT WAY ALL DA WAY. NO EXCEPTIONS. NO EXCUSES.

(Not a meatball.)
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2014, 08:45:21 AM »
I looked at Starlin after he booted the ball at short and walked his way out of a double and I saw a guy who felt like shit about it and wanted to make up for it. In my mind he was extremely upset with himself. He's 24. Shit happens. Shit like having your cousin and three friends die in a car crash. If you don't think something like that can be a distraction, fuck you. If you think it's not a big deal and not running out a ball to center is, you have real issues.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2014, 08:48:46 AM »
Quote from: Fork on August 28, 2014, 07:47:30 AM

If the problem is as chronic as Kap, Kasper etc. say, it could have waited until next time for the pile-on, since there would be a next time fairly soon.

One billion times THI

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2014, 08:51:12 AM »
Take this, all of you, and drink from it:

Quote"I felt bad for him," Renteria said. "He was apologizing to everybody. He knew he should have been [on second base]. He's got a lot on his mind. When a young man tells you he made a mistake, what can you say?"

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/cubs/post/_/id/26975/error-filled-tilt-made-worse-by-starlin-castros-baserunning-blunder

Nothing is fucked here, dude. Starlin is going to be a very good player for a very long time. I hope they don't trade him.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2014, 09:11:27 AM »
Quote from: InternetApex on August 28, 2014, 08:51:12 AM
Take this, all of you, and drink from it:

Quote"I felt bad for him," Renteria said. "He was apologizing to everybody. He knew he should have been [on second base]. He's got a lot on his mind. When a young man tells you he made a mistake, what can you say?"

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/cubs/post/_/id/26975/error-filled-tilt-made-worse-by-starlin-castros-baserunning-blunder

Nothing is fucked here, dude. Starlin is going to be a very good player for a very long time. I hope they don't trade him.

Me neither.

Poor bastard. I've never had anyone really die on me way before their time let alone FOUR people at the same time.

Fuck off with your hustle out of the box bullshit for now. Jesus.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2014, 09:14:32 AM »
Quote from: InternetApex on August 28, 2014, 08:45:21 AM
I looked at Starlin after he booted the ball at short and walked his way out of a double and I saw a guy who felt like shit about it and wanted to make up for it. In my mind he was extremely upset with himself. He's 24. Shit happens. Shit like having your cousin and three friends die in a car crash. If you don't think something like that can be a distraction, fuck you. If you think it's not a big deal and not running out a ball to center is, you have real issues.

Look--I'll grant it as feasible distraction in the field where there many stretches with nothing happening involving a player and his mind can wander.

I just don't understand how it can serve as a distraction in the fraction of a second between crushing a ball and running out of the box.  Are you saying he was able to block it out while focusing on smashing the shit out of the baseball and then instantaneously became so overcome by the distraction of his loss that he lost sight of what he needed to do?

I feel bad for what he's gone through.  I unexpectedly lost two friends 18 months apart when I was 21 and 22 and understand that it can wreak havoc on your concentration.  I also think the knee-jerk reaction by asshats like Kap et.al calling for his benching are uncalled for.

But there's still room to call him out for that at-bat.  If you don't like that, then you can fuck off just the same.