News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Silicon Valley  ( 11,585 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Silicon Valley
« on: August 28, 2014, 03:11:49 PM »
Had this one loaded up on my DVR for months, banged the whole thing out quickly.

Good characters and acting. And Martin Starr is always good at doing Martin Starr things.

The plotlines are all on an "Entourage" level of predictability though.

When the next season rolls around it'll probably sit on my DVR for months again.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Silicon Valley
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2014, 03:17:03 PM »
Haven't watched the show itself, but I have watched this, which is great.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2014, 03:20:20 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on August 28, 2014, 03:17:03 PM

The show was, despite my early objections, excellent. You should watch it.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2014, 04:26:55 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on August 28, 2014, 03:17:03 PM

That was easily the finest moment of the series.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2015, 04:34:46 PM »
DPD/Bump

Just finished Season 2. Am I the only one watching this? Because it's pretty fucking good.
TIME TO POST!

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2015, 04:56:30 PM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on July 07, 2015, 04:34:46 PM
DPD/Bump

Just finished Season 2. Am I the only one watching this? Because it's pretty fucking good.

I watch it. It's good.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2015, 11:14:47 PM »
Quote from: ChuckD on July 07, 2015, 04:56:30 PM
DPD/Bump

I watch it. It's good.

The real Silicon Valley has completely changed traffic patterns in the Bay Area.  The only time that you can avoid traffic jams in the South Bay is to restrict your driving during daylight hours to those between 11:30 am and 1:30 pm.  Any other time you can add 2 hours to a trip that should take 45 minutes.  Then there was the time that I was driving near the Google campus in Santa Clara and looked to my right only to see a car driving along and the only person in it was sitting in the back seat.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2015, 11:48:27 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on July 07, 2015, 11:14:47 PM
DPD/Bump

I watch it. It's good.

The real Silicon Valley has completely changed traffic patterns in the Bay Area.  The only time that you can avoid traffic jams in the South Bay is to restrict your driving during daylight hours to those between 11:30 am and 1:30 pm.  Any other time you can add 2 hours to a trip that should take 45 minutes.  Then there was the time that I was driving near the Google campus in Santa Clara and looked to my right only to see a car driving along and the only person in it was sitting in the back seat.

This man speaks the truth.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2015, 09:16:06 AM »
Quote from: CBStew on July 07, 2015, 11:14:47 PM
DPD/Bump

I watch it. It's good.

The more we have of the latter, (hopefully!) the less we'll have of the former.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2015, 09:20:29 AM »
Funniest show on television.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2015, 10:48:29 AM »
Quote from: InternetApex on July 08, 2015, 09:20:29 AM

Seconded. I love this show.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2015, 10:19:34 AM »
Quote from: InternetApex on July 08, 2015, 09:20:29 AM

Agreed. The strong end to Season 2 helped it edge past Veep in my mind. Now that those two shows won't be back for like 9 months, I don't even know what to do with myself.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2015, 07:47:13 PM »
How does everyone feel about Richard/Thomas Middleditch? Annoying or no? For me, at times, he's kind of become like Piper in OITNB: The less we see of the lead, the better. I don't hate him completely but he did grate a few times this season.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2015, 10:20:13 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on July 09, 2015, 07:47:13 PM
How does everyone feel about Richard/Thomas Middleditch? Annoying or no? For me, at times, he's kind of become like Piper in OITNB: The less we see of the lead, the better. I don't hate him completely but he did grate a few times this season.

That's basically the entire point of his character. He's the straight man/everyman/foil/voice of reason. The reason you like the rest of the characters is because they play off of him. He's perfect at what he does.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2015, 07:20:43 AM »
Quote from: ChuckD on July 09, 2015, 10:20:13 PM
Quote from: Sterling Archer on July 09, 2015, 07:47:13 PM

That's basically the entire point of his character. He's the straight man/everyman/foil/voice of reason. The reason you like the rest of the characters is because they play off of him. He's perfect at what he does.

I hated him at first until I realized how perfect he is. Sterling is right about Piper though - awful, awful character.