News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Cubs Offseason 2014: So, what did your team do this offseason? Isn't that cute.  ( 66,884 )

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
The fun starts at 2 p.m. at the Cubby Bear on Monday.
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
That was nice of Theo to write Smilin' Rick the most glowing reference letter ever given to a fired employee.  What a heartless asshole.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Sterling Archer on November 01, 2014, 12:32:59 AM
That was nice of Theo to write Smilin' Rick the most glowing reference letter ever given to a fired employee.  What a heartless asshole.

Ha! I've been forced to fire better.

I could write a whole book about having to do the dirty work of heartless assholes.
Maybe I'll write it under the pseudonym "Jack Welch".
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: flannj on November 01, 2014, 12:58:46 AM
Quote from: Sterling Archer on November 01, 2014, 12:32:59 AM
That was nice of Theo to write Smilin' Rick the most glowing reference letter ever given to a fired employee.  What a heartless asshole.

Ha! I've been forced to fire better.

I could write a whole book about having to do the dirty work of heartless assholes.
Maybe I'll write it under the pseudonym "Jack Welch".

Jack Donaghy

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
5 years, $25 million.

No opt-out.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Fork on November 03, 2014, 12:59:21 PM
5 years, $25 million.

No opt-out.

Optoat?
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
DPD.  Theo Epstein gave Chris Bosio a shoutout before starting the presser today; Bosio was attending in person.  Confirmation that he's staying?

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Sterling Archer on November 03, 2014, 05:04:49 PM
DPD.  Theo Epstein gave Chris Bosio a shoutout before starting the presser today; Bosio was attending in person.  Confirmation that he's staying?

Maddon mentioned him during the presser as well, like 2nd or 3rd question.  I definitely took it as a sign that he's staying.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: PenFoe on November 03, 2014, 05:16:11 PM

Maddon mentioned him during the presser as well, like 2nd or 3rd question.  I definitely took it as a sign that he's staying.

Oh that's interesting, I haven't heard the rest of the presser yet.  I saw rumors today that Molitor might want Bosio for his staff in Minnesota, since the Twins have finally given up on finding someone/anyone better than Molitor to take the job.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Sterling Archer on November 03, 2014, 05:37:08 PM
Quote from: PenFoe on November 03, 2014, 05:16:11 PM

Oh that's interesting, I haven't heard the rest of the presser yet.  I saw rumors today that Molitor might want Bosio for his staff in Minnesota, since the Twins have finally given up on finding someone/anyone better than Molitor to take the job.

I figured he wanted Lamar Hoyt as pitching coach and Tim Raines as hitting coach.  Dave Parker could coach first base.  Keith Hernandez, third base.  And so on and so on.