News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Cubs Offseason 2014: So, what did your team do this offseason? Isn't that cute.  ( 66,956 )

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Eli on November 17, 2014, 03:13:08 PM
Quote from: Fork on November 17, 2014, 02:36:57 PM
And the Cubs didn't just have a right fielder turn into road pizza, so they probably weren't that interested.

Heyward is only 25 and has averaged just over 5 WAR a year since 2012. Or, another way to look at it:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/play-index/share.cgi?id=FFb98

I sure as hell hope they were interested.

There's still hope for would-be shirsey buyers. The Cubs can get ready to give him $200+ million next offseason as they hand St. Louis a first-round pick for their trouble, unless the Cardinals can extend him during the next 12 months.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
https://twitter.com/iamjoonlee/status/534691788364451840

QuoteOn CBS Sports Radio, @pgammo said that the #Cubs believe that Jon Lester is going to return to the #RedSox

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Yeti on November 18, 2014, 08:25:02 AM

QuoteOn CBS Sports Radio, @pgammo said that the #Cubs believe that Jon Lester is going to return to the #RedSox

I hope his cancer returns and kills him.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: PANK! on November 18, 2014, 08:25:45 AM

Quoted in case there's a Johnny Knox need for a takeback

For those unaware, when Johnny Knox almost killed himself in 2011, I was at the game (THANKS TJ) and Huey texted me something to the effect of "Good. Serves him right for dropping the ball"

And then 3 hours later recanted it when he realized what really happened

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Yeti on November 18, 2014, 08:31:52 AM

I never took back my sentiments on Knox.

I'm also not 100% sincere...or is Slaky the only one allowed to play the hyperbole card?

But seriously, fuck Jon Lester and fuck the whole commonwealth of Massachusetts.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: PANK! on November 18, 2014, 08:34:58 AM
Quote from: Yeti on November 18, 2014, 08:31:52 AM

I never took back my sentiments on Knox.

I'm also not 100% sincere...or is Slaky the only one allowed to play the hyperbole card?

But seriously, fuck Jon Lester and fuck the whole commonwealth of Massachusetts.

https://twitter.com/Buster_ESPN/status/534718799829041152

Quote from: Buster OlneyThe Braves have a meeting with Jon Lester this week.

Quote from: Eli's Favorite BloggerSo, there you go. Still probably early-ish in process.

Quote from: Buster OlneyVery

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
I miss when I didn't care. Caring hurts. Caring is painful.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Still probably maybe kinda early-ish.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Also, if Gammons is plugged in anywhere, it's the Red Sox so there's probably some validity to it. I don't think the face-to-face meetings mean all that much, since I'm sure teams have floated numbers out to Lester's agent by this point. And it's not like Lester has never met Theo before.

I'm thinking the Hamels thing might have to happen, since they haven't been linked to Scherzer at all.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Eli on November 18, 2014, 08:55:11 AM
Also, if Gammons is plugged in anywhere, it's the Red Sox so there's probably some validity to it. I don't think the face-to-face meetings mean all that much, since I'm sure teams have floated numbers out to Lester's agent by this point. And it's not like Lester has never met Theo before.

I'm thinking the Hamels thing might have to happen, since they haven't been linked to Scherzer at all.

There are rumors going around the Red Sox have had trade talks about Hamels, too.

This is going to suck.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: SKO on November 18, 2014, 09:07:53 AM

There are rumors going around the Red Sox have had trade talks about Hamels, too.

This is going to suck. 

Stop it.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: PANK! on November 18, 2014, 09:08:34 AM

This is going to suck. 

Stop it.

I think I'm more with Huey at this point. They need to make some key additions this offseason, but free agency is just one way to do that. If they go into the season with Maddon and Brandon McCarthy as their big moves for the winter, then we can all go crazy. I'd be kind of surprised if that happened though.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

This is going to suck.  

Stop it.

If the Bears have taught me anything it's that being the guy constantly trying to talk everyone off the ledge sucks and will only leave you wringing the tears out of your Cutler shirsey. I want to be the panic guy for once. It's way easier.

WE'RE DOOMED

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: SKO on November 18, 2014, 09:17:14 AM
I want to be the panic guy for once. It's way easier.

As someone who played the role of devil's advocate panic guy for roughly 18 months, I will admit that it's pretty fun. I say go for it.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: SKO on November 18, 2014, 09:17:14 AM

This is going to suck. 

Stop it.

If the Bears have taught me anything it's that being the guy constantly trying to talk everyone off the ledge sucks and will only leave you wringing the tears out of your Cutler shirsey. I want to be the panic guy for once. It's way easier.

WE'RE DOOMED

Nothing is fucked here.  Stop parroting the sniveling fatalism that is 95% of Cubs Twitter.  I come here to get directions away from there.