News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Cubs Offseason 2014: So, what did your team do this offseason? Isn't that cute.  ( 66,907 )

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Eli on November 17, 2014, 03:14:18 PM
Quote from: R-V on November 17, 2014, 03:05:19 PM
So according to Mooney and Cafardo, Cubs were the runners-up for Martin. After Anibal Sanchez & Tanaka, I think I've reached my limit of stories on how the Cubs front office went all-out to snag a FA target only to fall just short because of (insert excuse).

Just wait until the Red Sox re-sign Lester and the Cardinals sign Scherzer to replace Shelby Miller.

I mean, I know it's Bowden, but you shut your whore mouth.

I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: PenFoe on November 18, 2014, 04:14:15 PM
Quote from: Eli on November 17, 2014, 03:14:18 PM
Quote from: R-V on November 17, 2014, 03:05:19 PM
So according to Mooney and Cafardo, Cubs were the runners-up for Martin. After Anibal Sanchez & Tanaka, I think I've reached my limit of stories on how the Cubs front office went all-out to snag a FA target only to fall just short because of (insert excuse).

Just wait until the Red Sox re-sign Lester and the Cardinals sign Scherzer to replace Shelby Miller.

I mean, I know it's Bowden, but you shut your whore mouth.

Gonna be a real dick move by the Cardinals to bogart the golden age of the Cubs by being better than them every year.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
I kind of want to see Lester sign with St. Louis. Just for the reax.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Slaky on November 18, 2014, 04:37:19 PM
I kind of want to see Lester sign with St. Louis. Just for the reax.

Torque Penderloin, Twitter and Vine Star, has officially taken precedence over Andrew Cieslak, Cub fan.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Starlin Castro's pants give zero fucks about the Cubs' offseason.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: CBStew on November 18, 2014, 03:06:28 PM
Quote from: Fork on November 18, 2014, 12:28:55 PM
... and any pitcher can fall asleep dreaming of the run support he can get here once Baez rounds into form and Bryant is here.

Now that is what I call a Cub fan during the off season!

Stew's kind of on a roll today.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

I'm totally fine with the Cubs offering more than this.  

6 years feels like the right amount, but if the Cubs want to go $150 that's cool. 

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: PenFoe on November 19, 2014, 05:11:23 PM

6 years feels like the right amount, but if the Cubs want to go $150 that's cool. 

I'm with you — $25MM/season seems fair for Lester.  Unless Theo goes with Al's suggestion and trades for John Danks, because reasons.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Sterling Archer on November 19, 2014, 05:20:59 PM

I'm with you — $25MM/season seems fair for Lester.  Unless Theo goes with Al's suggestion and trades for John Danks, because reasons.

Those were 4 really impressive starts, to be fair.

I mean, he beat the ROYALS for Christ's sake. 

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: PenFoe on November 19, 2014, 06:06:44 PM

The comments on this article are now closed.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

If the Cubs are going in, might as well go all-in. Especially because a lot of other components will be cost-controlled for most of the next 6 years anyway.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: CT III on November 20, 2014, 06:41:36 AM

This is an admission from me that this article wasn't well thought out and pretty weak.  As such, I'm closing comments.  Let's move on.

The rest of the articles, however, are fully thought out and incredibly strong.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Sterling Archer on November 20, 2014, 12:20:59 PM

This is an admission from me that this article wasn't well thought out and pretty weak.  As such, I'm closing comments.  Let's move on.

BleedCubTweets indicated that apparently some guy writing an article on Al's main page advocated the Cubs give 5 years, $75 million to Chase Headley. I can't even process the level of stupidity behind that.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: SKO on November 20, 2014, 12:28:45 PM
Quote from: Sterling Archer on November 20, 2014, 12:20:59 PM

BleedCubTweets indicated that apparently some guy writing an article on Al's main page advocated the Cubs give 5 years, $75 million to Chase Headley. I can't even process the level of stupidity behind that.

"Use some of that money to buy yourself a catcher's mitt, Chase.  You're our new Russell Martin."

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: SKO on November 20, 2014, 12:28:45 PM

I actually like Headley well enough, but I have no idea how he would fit into the Cubs' plans over the next five years.