News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Cubs Offseason 2014: So, what did your team do this offseason? Isn't that cute.  ( 66,884 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Sterling Archer on December 10, 2014, 09:49:15 AM
Boston fans are taking this well.

Quote from: @BigGameShaneO
Quote from: @JLester31To Red Sox Nation, I understand the disappointment. Boston will always have a big place in my heart and we'll always consider y'all family!
@JLester31 I hope you enjoy taking Joe Maddon's hard dick up the ass.

That is the embodiment of a Masshole.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
I know I need to get less mad at stupid people but the guys like Yellon and that Vlahos guy and that fucking Gieryna fellow who criticized every step of the rebuild because they were stupid, impatient twits and now want to say OKAY THEO YOU'VE WON ME OVER can rot. This was the plan all along and they spelled it out in clear terms at every stop. There was never any time where they didn't do exactly what they said they'd do, so fuck you. You don't get to act like they came around to your way of thinking or something.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: SKO on December 10, 2014, 10:27:41 AM
I know I need to get less mad at stupid people but the guys like Yellon and that Vlahos guy and that fucking Gieryna fellow who criticized every step of the rebuild because they were stupid, impatient twits and now want to say OKAY THEO YOU'VE WON ME OVER can rot. This was the plan all along and they spelled it out in clear terms at every stop. There was never any time where they didn't do exactly what they said they'd do, so fuck you. You don't get to act like they came around to your way of thinking or something.

Nicely played. That was so out of context that I read my own last name and my first thought was, "What a weird name."

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Eli on December 10, 2014, 11:34:41 AM

Nicely played. That was so out of context that I read my own last name and my first thought was, "What a weird name."

I was proud of it. But really, fuck Yellon too. " I GET TO BE OPTIMISTIC NOW". DIE IN A FIRE.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: SKO on December 10, 2014, 11:42:04 AM

I was proud of it. But really, fuck Yellon too. " I GET TO BE OPTIMISTIC NOW". DIE IN A FIRE.

Al is too busy having civil conversations:

http://www.bleedcubbieblue.com/2014/12/10/7369619/jon-lester-dh-national-league#276556100

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Eli on December 10, 2014, 11:51:43 AM

http://www.bleedcubbieblue.com/2014/12/10/7369619/jon-lester-dh-national-league#276556100

So childish, and yet I laffed like a hyena.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: PANK! on December 10, 2014, 12:02:56 PM

How about trading for Hamels and signing Price next year to put three frontline lefties in the same rotation? I'll hang up and wait for my answer.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Sterling Archer on December 10, 2014, 12:54:04 PM

How about trading for Hamels and signing Price next year to put three frontline lefties in the same rotation? I'll hang up and wait for my answer.

I thought signing Lester meant that giving up top prospects for Hamels was no longer necessary. Let the Red Sox do that. Sign Ervin Santana and let's go.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: InternetApex on December 10, 2014, 01:44:47 PM

I thought signing Lester meant that giving up top prospects for Hamels was no longer necessary. Let the Red Sox do that. Sign Ervin Santana and let's go.

Not necessary, but I'd be happy about it. With Lester getting 6/$155 million, 4/$96 million for Hamels almost looks like a bargain.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Eli on December 10, 2014, 02:15:08 PM

Not necessary, but I'd be happy about it. With Lester getting 6/$155 million, 4/$96 million for Hamels almost looks like a bargain.

I'd still be interested in taking a chance on Masterson as well.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: SKO on December 10, 2014, 02:19:11 PM

Get them all.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: PenFoe on December 10, 2014, 03:15:33 PM

Get them all.

Okay. Out of the following options:

1) Sign Masterson, McCarthy, or Santana
2) Trade prospects for Hamels
3) Roll with the guys you've got

Which do you prefer and why?

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: SKO on December 10, 2014, 03:21:28 PM
Quote from: PenFoe on December 10, 2014, 03:15:33 PM

Get them all.

Okay. Out of the following options:

I'd do #2 if I could get away with not giving up any of my top ranking guys. I might give up Baez in a Hamels deal but that's about it. Otherwise I like McCarthy, Masterson, Santana in that order.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: SKO on December 10, 2014, 03:21:28 PM

#2. Something built around Baez, Almora/McKinney and Edwards/Johnson. That still leaves them a good amount prospect firepower in the system and a rotation of Hamels, Lester, Arrieta, Hammel and Hendricks is about as good as it gets in baseball.

Lineup after April looks something like:

1. Valbuena - 2B
2. Castro - SS
3. Rizzo - 1B
4. Bryant- 3B
5. Soler - RF
6. Montero - C
7. Alcantara - CF
8. Coghlan/Platoon guy  - LF

They'd still have Russell, Schwarber, Almora/McKinney waiting in the wings, along with plenty of other mid-level options to fill in gaps.