News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Cubs Offseason 2014: So, what did your team do this offseason? Isn't that cute.  ( 66,934 )

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: PANK! on January 12, 2015, 03:32:57 PM
Quote from: R-V on January 12, 2015, 03:27:52 PM
Quote from: PANK! on January 12, 2015, 03:25:46 PM
Quote from: R-V on January 12, 2015, 03:13:53 PM
Screw all you guys. Baez is going to hit .270/.320/.500 with 30 HRs and excellent defense at 2nd and send handwritten thank-you letters to everyone who believed in him all along (e.g. me) and lunch bags full of buttpuddle drippings to the rest of you.

Hey I was the guy who said he may already be a better shortstop than Castro.  Hell, put Javy at SS and Starlin at 2B and I like my otherwise suspect projected numbers even more.

Don't worry I've made note. Javy will probably take you and I out for an anchouive pizza to celebrate his season!

Hooray!

Cut into strips, natch.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Dexter Fowler and his .366 career OBP. Love it - no longer have to rely on Soler hitting well AND Alcantara providing league average offense AND Coghlan not exploding into pieces in order for the outfield to not be an offensive black hole.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: R-V on January 19, 2015, 09:56:18 AM
Dexter Fowler and his .366 career OBP. Love it - no longer have to rely on Soler hitting well AND Alcantara providing league average offense AND Coghlan not exploding into pieces in order for the outfield to not be an offensive black hole.

A) "close to" not the same as it being official.
B)  It's Bruce Levine who makes my my typing look like I'm editing the OED by comparison.  He well may have been trying to type "Breaking Bad is a better show than Dexter"
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: PANK! on January 19, 2015, 10:07:39 AM

B)  It's Bruce Levine who makes my my typing look like I'm editing the OED by comparison.  He well may have been trying to type "Breaking Bad is a better show than Dexter"

Hearing Straily + ____.

Considering the glut of AAAA-type pitchers competing for the 5th spot...so far, so good.

Edit: _____ = Valbuena. 

Looks like Andy's gotta get a new crush.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
This is pretty incredible if true and demonstrates the strength of their farm system moreso than simply the cream that's at the top.  To get a bona fide CF with a high OBP without even scratching the surface of their blue-chip prospects has gotten me all tingly inside.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: PANK! on January 19, 2015, 10:07:39 AM

This post will henceforth be known as the My My Massacare.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Tonker on January 19, 2015, 11:27:22 AM

Oh, so all black guys look alike to you.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
So trading Valbuena now means the Cubs see Bryant as a MLB 3B? Maybe? And who might go in a (gasp) Strasburg deal?
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Sterling Archer on January 19, 2015, 12:06:13 PM
So trading Valbuena now means the Cubs see Bryant as a MLB 3B? Maybe? And who might go in a (gasp) Strasburg deal?

Like Russell, Baez and Edwards.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Eli on January 19, 2015, 12:11:04 PM

Is there a link to any semi-credible source connecting the Cubs with the Nationals on this? Or are we just jerking off?
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Eli on January 19, 2015, 12:04:13 PM
Quote from: Tonker on January 19, 2015, 11:27:22 AM

Oh, so all black guys look alike to you.

"Pierre would arrive early at the Rockies' Spring Training complex every day to work on bunting or coming out of the batter's box after a swing. Coaches couldn't get in early enough to satisfy his desire to work. Teammates couldn't keep up with him.

"Fowler still smiles when reminded of Pierre's story. "That's how I am," Fowler said."
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: InternetApex on January 19, 2015, 12:19:32 PM

Is there a link to any semi-credible source connecting the Cubs with the Nationals on this? Or are we just jerking off?

No Cubs connection, just this kind of talk.

I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: InternetApex on January 19, 2015, 12:19:32 PM

Nothing linking the Cubs and Nats, but the Cubs are one of the few teams that would (theoretically) have enough to make a deal.