News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: National Tonkoon's Vacation  ( 51,139 )

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: National Tonkoon's Vacation
« Reply #270 on: July 15, 2015, 07:02:22 PM »
Quote from: InternetApex on July 15, 2015, 05:34:09 PM
I'm in for Parsons Saturday.

Saturday Parsons Yes.

RT if you're down with me.

I can't see any reason why we won't be there.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #271 on: July 15, 2015, 07:11:45 PM »
Quote from: R-V on July 15, 2015, 11:21:11 AM
Quote from: Tony on July 15, 2015, 09:39:51 AM
Quote from: Tonker on July 14, 2015, 08:09:24 PM
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on July 14, 2015, 04:35:57 PM
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on July 14, 2015, 03:33:17 PM
Quote from: Tony on July 14, 2015, 03:25:24 PM
Quote from: Tonker on July 14, 2015, 02:35:33 PM
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on July 14, 2015, 02:03:44 PM
Quote from: Tonker on July 14, 2015, 01:22:15 PM
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on July 14, 2015, 12:55:25 PM
Quote from: Tonker on July 14, 2015, 12:33:49 PM
Took an UberX car (excellent, fast, cheap service: good shout, Dubbs) up to Logan Square this morning for breakfast - ATonk nearly shit herself with happiness when they brought her pancakes - and then walked back to the apartment via the park.  I guess it was nothing special really, but we ended up talking to all sorts of people on the way, checked out the 606, and then visited the big Puerto Rican supermarket on North and California and it was a really, really nice morning.  It was also really, really fucking long morning, having been up at 0530 with the jetlag.  At one point I asked STonk what time she thought it was and she replied "I don't know... about one?".  It was quarter past ten.

Shoulda come by the house as long as you were down the street

Where do you live, dude?

Logan Square.  Logan and California.  The northern suburbs.  I can barely see the skyline from the rooftop, so I know I'm still in the city.  Watch TV dude.  

We walked right through that junction this morning.  I was amazed to see that you have Starbucks in America, too.
If a Logan Square meetup is planned with the Dubbs and Tonker families, let me know. The Butthead clan would like to get in on that if possible. My boy has never met anyone from Australia. This will be a good learning experience for him.

TDubbs' wife is very nice. I'm sure your family will enjoy her company. She might even be nice enough to offset TDubbs being there.

How long are you staying in the area?  Thru the weekend?  Want to do a Parsons night one of these days?  Huge outdoor area and so much fried chicken that even Tonker, Fork, and SKO together couldn't eat all of it.  

CHALLEGE: ACCEPTED!

I have no idea what Parsons is, but I'll be very happy to eat all their chicken.  We leave for Menver on Monday morning, so we're here until then and other than Saturday morning, have no concrete plans.

Hey Logan Square people, or anyone willing to come to Logan Square... how about Saturday late afternoon/early evening for Parsons? There's a big open patio so it could work for a large gathering of Desipiots.

And CT is right... Maggie Daley park is supposed to be great. Definitely do that with the kids.

Maybe too late here, but I can vouch for Maggie Daley Park. Not sure how old your kids are Tonk (or what units of measurement they have in Australia to describe their age), but I've got a 2 and a 4 year old and they fucking love that place.

Something I've noticed about being in Chicago with the family is that strangers talk to you even more than they do if you're on your own - they hear STonk talking to the kids in German, or me talking to them in my extra-plummy, only-while-I'm-in-Chicago English, and take it as their cue to steam in and engage us in conversation / invite us to join in with what they're doing / give us stuff.  I love this about the Midwest.  Anyway, we've had more than one of those aforementioned strangers recommend Maggie Daley Park to us today, so we'll definitely be giving it a burn tomorrow or Friday.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #272 on: July 15, 2015, 08:22:10 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on July 15, 2015, 07:11:45 PM
Took an UberX car (excellent, fast, cheap service: good shout, Dubbs) up to Logan Square this morning for breakfast - ATonk nearly shit herself with happiness when they brought her pancakes - and then walked back to the apartment via the park.  I guess it was nothing special really, but we ended up talking to all sorts of people on the way, checked out the 606, and then visited the big Puerto Rican supermarket on North and California and it was a really, really nice morning.  It was also really, really fucking long morning, having been up at 0530 with the jetlag.  At one point I asked STonk what time she thought it was and she replied "I don't know... about one?".  It was quarter past ten.

Where do you live, dude?

Logan Square.  Logan and California.  The northern suburbs.  I can barely see the skyline from the rooftop, so I know I'm still in the city.  Watch TV dude.  

We walked right through that junction this morning.  I was amazed to see that you have Starbucks in America, too.
If a Logan Square meetup is planned with the Dubbs and Tonker families, let me know. The Butthead clan would like to get in on that if possible. My boy has never met anyone from Australia. This will be a good learning experience for him.

TDubbs' wife is very nice. I'm sure your family will enjoy her company. She might even be nice enough to offset TDubbs being there.

How long are you staying in the area?  Thru the weekend?  Want to do a Parsons night one of these days?  Huge outdoor area and so much fried chicken that even Tonker, Fork, and SKO together couldn't eat all of it.  

I have no idea what Parsons is, but I'll be very happy to eat all their chicken.  We leave for Menver on Monday morning, so we're here until then and other than Saturday morning, have no concrete plans.

Hey Logan Square people, or anyone willing to come to Logan Square... how about Saturday late afternoon/early evening for Parsons? There's a big open patio so it could work for a large gathering of Desipiots.

And CT is right... Maggie Daley park is supposed to be great. Definitely do that with the kids.

Maybe too late here, but I can vouch for Maggie Daley Park. Not sure how old your kids are Tonk (or what units of measurement they have in Australia to describe their age), but I've got a 2 and a 4 year old and they fucking love that place.

Something I've noticed about being in Chicago with the family is that strangers talk to you even more than they do if you're on your own - they hear STonk talking to the kids in German, or me talking to them in my extra-plummy, only-while-I'm-in-Chicago English, and take it as their cue to steam in and engage us in conversation / invite us to join in with what they're doing / give us stuff.  I love this about the Midwest.  Anyway, we've had more than one of those aforementioned strangers recommend Maggie Daley Park to us today, so we'll definitely be giving it a burn tomorrow or Friday.

My wife's family felt the same way. They can't believe how nice people are here. Total strangers will compliment something they're wearing and it blows them away every time.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #273 on: July 15, 2015, 09:22:15 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on July 15, 2015, 08:22:10 PM
Quote from: Tonker on July 15, 2015, 07:11:45 PM

Where do you live, dude?

My wife's family felt the same way. They can't believe how nice people are here. Total strangers will compliment something they're wearing and it blows them away every time.

You fuckers stand out with your silly talk and we're sure you're lost.

We figure you're from Milwaukee.

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #274 on: July 16, 2015, 07:12:31 AM »

Saturday Parsons Yes.

Even if Pex is there, I'd go.  What time were we thinking?  I probably can't go between the hours of 11-2 or so, but after that I'm down to clown for a little bit at least.
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #275 on: July 16, 2015, 07:42:03 AM »
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on July 16, 2015, 07:12:31 AM

Saturday Parsons Yes.

Even if Pex is there, I'd go.  What time were we thinking?  I probably can't go between the hours of 11-2 or so, but after that I'm down to clown for a little bit at least.

We're going to do the boat tour and, I'd guess, lunch with Bill and TJ, so we probably won't be able to get until mid-afternoon.

Went to that Rock Bottom place yesterday, as you suggested.  On a hot day it would have been bliss, but it was actually a little cool up there, especially in the shade.  Food and beer were pretty good, though, and not unreasonably priced.

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #276 on: July 16, 2015, 08:07:52 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on July 16, 2015, 07:42:03 AM

Saturday Parsons Yes.

We're going to do the boat tour and, I'd guess, lunch with Bill and TJ, so we probably won't be able to get until mid-afternoon.

Went to that Rock Bottom place yesterday, as you suggested.  On a hot day it would have been bliss, but it was actually a little cool up there, especially in the shade.  Food and beer were pretty good, though, and not unreasonably priced.

Well it looked nice and sunny out, but like all of us hard working Americans, I was inside my office working.  Not on a multi-continent excursion like you and your Australian koala cubs
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #277 on: July 16, 2015, 08:44:46 AM »
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on July 16, 2015, 08:07:52 AM

Saturday Parsons Yes.

Well it looked nice and sunny out, but like all of us hard working Americans, I was inside my office working.  Not on a multi-continent excursion like you and your Australian koala cubs

Iowa is on a different continent, now?

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #278 on: July 16, 2015, 09:02:57 AM »

Saturday Parsons Yes.

Late afternoon works best for me and Mrs. Butthead. Maybe around 4 or 5. Maybe earlier, depending on how much work gets done in the next couple days.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #279 on: July 16, 2015, 09:19:50 AM »
Quote from: Tony on July 16, 2015, 09:02:57 AM

Saturday Parsons Yes.

Late afternoon works best for me and Mrs. Butthead. Maybe around 4 or 5. Maybe earlier, depending on how much work gets done in the next couple days.

Anytime works but 4 p.m. sounds tits.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #280 on: July 16, 2015, 09:26:00 AM »

Saturday Parsons Yes.

Wait...somehow I missed this.  Someone suggested you go to Rock Bottom?  You know we have one of those in Denver.  It's not even in Denver.  It's in a fucking suburb of Denver.  Jesus.  What's happened to this board?

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #281 on: July 16, 2015, 09:35:56 AM »
Quote from: Oleg on July 16, 2015, 09:26:00 AM

Saturday Parsons Yes.

Wait...somehow I missed this.  Someone suggested you go to Rock Bottom?  You know we have one of those in Denver.  It's not even in Denver.  It's in a fucking suburb of Denver.  Jesus.  What's happened to this board?

There's one in Iowa, too. Way to find some hidden jewels for Tonk to visit, people. Has he ever been to Applebee's?
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #282 on: July 16, 2015, 09:42:36 AM »
Quote from: SKO on July 16, 2015, 09:35:56 AM

Saturday Parsons Yes.

There's one in Iowa, too. Way to find some hidden jewels for Tonk to visit, people. Has he ever been to Applebee's?

They also have them in Omaha and Nashville, so maybe Tonk can just tour them all and let us know which locations are best.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #283 on: July 16, 2015, 10:01:42 AM »
Quote from: Eli on July 16, 2015, 09:42:36 AM

Saturday Parsons Yes.

They also have them in Omaha and Nashville, so maybe Tonk can just tour them all and let us know which locations are best.

I guess you guys missed the episode of House Hunters where TDubbs moved to the suburbs.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #284 on: July 16, 2015, 10:16:17 AM »
Quote from: CT III on July 16, 2015, 10:01:42 AM
Quote from: Eli on July 16, 2015, 09:42:36 AM

Saturday Parsons Yes.

I guess you guys missed the episode of House Hunters where TDubbs moved to the suburbs.

Ah, well if Tonk gets homesick then TDubbs can direct him to the nearest Outback Steakhouse I guess.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015