News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Ryan Pace Era... BEGINS!!!  ( 32,904 )

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The Ryan Pace Era... BEGINS!!!
« Reply #60 on: January 16, 2015, 11:41:16 AM »
Quote from: flannj on January 15, 2015, 05:41:38 PM
Quote from: SKO on January 15, 2015, 02:09:51 PM
Quote from: Eli on January 15, 2015, 02:06:11 PM
Quote from: SKO on January 15, 2015, 01:39:37 PM
Quote from: Eli on January 15, 2015, 01:23:18 PM
Quote from: SKO on January 15, 2015, 01:17:16 PM
And if memory serves, not one of those guys won a superbowl with team #3.

Which proves it's impossible.

Look, you assholes got six years of the optimistic fuckhead who thought Kyle Orton was a starting QB and Jay Cutler was the savior and Angelo wasn't as bad as people thought and Emery and Trestman were forward thinking innovators. That fuckhead is dead. Pessimistic Kyle is back and you're all going to look back at those years fondly. You're going to miss the guy who spent 2,000 words telling you why Jay's bad haircut was good for the offense's prospects. This organization is fucked. Abandon hope all ye who enter.

I'm arguing (?) with a meme now, but in the interest of relative seriousness, I don't really know who the preferred hire is supposed to be. Fox has a generally good resume and I think the only reason people want an up-and-coming coordinator is because they haven't had a chance to see that person be a crappy head coach yet.

I understand that it's kind of unexciting, but I think it's probably the best hire they could make.

That's exactly what I'm upset about. It's not even their fault. They're stuck in a situation where the best available coach is a B+. And they've got a B- quarterback they're stuck with. They're still going to be in a division with the greatest QB God's ever put on earth for the next few years and their best option to counter that is a bunch of "eh, could do worse" options. They're screwed, and I'm just embracing nihilism as the only way to function.

It kind of might be their fault.

Well yeah, I mean it is their fault as an organization that they are in this mess. But now that they're stuck in the position of having to clean it up I can't even say getting John Fox is the wrong move, just that I have a deep and abiding faith that he may be the best coach available and it's still not going to make a fucking bit of difference.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #61 on: January 16, 2015, 01:09:06 PM »
Quote from: SKO on January 16, 2015, 11:41:16 AM
Quote from: flannj on January 15, 2015, 05:41:38 PM
Quote from: SKO on January 15, 2015, 02:09:51 PM
Quote from: Eli on January 15, 2015, 02:06:11 PM
Quote from: SKO on January 15, 2015, 01:39:37 PM
Quote from: Eli on January 15, 2015, 01:23:18 PM
Quote from: SKO on January 15, 2015, 01:17:16 PM
And if memory serves, not one of those guys won a superbowl with team #3.

Which proves it's impossible.

Look, you assholes got six years of the optimistic fuckhead who thought Kyle Orton was a starting QB and Jay Cutler was the savior and Angelo wasn't as bad as people thought and Emery and Trestman were forward thinking innovators. That fuckhead is dead. Pessimistic Kyle is back and you're all going to look back at those years fondly. You're going to miss the guy who spent 2,000 words telling you why Jay's bad haircut was good for the offense's prospects. This organization is fucked. Abandon hope all ye who enter.

I'm arguing (?) with a meme now, but in the interest of relative seriousness, I don't really know who the preferred hire is supposed to be. Fox has a generally good resume and I think the only reason people want an up-and-coming coordinator is because they haven't had a chance to see that person be a crappy head coach yet.

I understand that it's kind of unexciting, but I think it's probably the best hire they could make.

That's exactly what I'm upset about. It's not even their fault. They're stuck in a situation where the best available coach is a B+. And they've got a B- quarterback they're stuck with. They're still going to be in a division with the greatest QB God's ever put on earth for the next few years and their best option to counter that is a bunch of "eh, could do worse" options. They're screwed, and I'm just embracing nihilism as the only way to function.

It kind of might be their fault.

Well yeah, I mean it is their fault as an organization that they are in this mess. But now that they're stuck in the position of having to clean it up I can't even say getting John Fox is the wrong move, just that I have a deep and abiding faith that he may be the best coach available and it's still not going to make a fucking bit of difference.

Man, what are the chances of a) the Bears actually, against the odds, being any good in the foreseeable future, or b) SKO getting to the point of not caring any more?  Because I don't know how much more of this I can take.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #62 on: January 16, 2015, 01:19:40 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on January 16, 2015, 01:09:06 PM
Man, what are the chances of a) the Bears actually, against the odds, being any good in the foreseeable future, or b) SKO getting to the point of not caring any more?  Because I don't know how much more of this I can take.

I feel like Option A is totally possible, if Pace is as smart as advertised. Turnarounds in the NFL can happen fast. It may not be next year, but there is still a decent amount of talent on the roster. And even in 2015, they'll get some benefit from a last-place schedule next year, if you're feeling optimistic (which no one is, apparently).

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #63 on: January 16, 2015, 03:55:56 PM »
Quote from: Eli on January 16, 2015, 01:19:40 PM

I feel like Option A is totally possible, if Pace is as smart as advertised. Turnarounds in the NFL can happen fast. It may not be next year, but there is still a decent amount of talent on the roster. And even in 2015, they'll get some benefit from a last-place schedule next year, if you're feeling optimistic (which no one is, apparently).

Turnarounds happen so fast, in fact, that the two games per season that are determined by previous finish may not be cakewalks. Marinelli's back with Lovie in Tampa so those fuckers are loaded for Bear. DOOOOOM
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #64 on: January 16, 2015, 04:10:25 PM »
Quote from: InternetApex on January 16, 2015, 03:55:56 PM

Turnarounds happen so fast, in fact, that the two games per season that are determined by previous finish may not be cakewalks. Marinelli's back with Lovie in Tampa so those fuckers are loaded for Bear. DOOOOOM

Marinelli gonna coach in Tampa AND Dallas next year? Or was signing a 3 year extension with the Cowboys just some kind of trick?
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #65 on: January 16, 2015, 04:14:13 PM »
Quote from: SKO on January 16, 2015, 04:10:25 PM
Quote from: InternetApex on January 16, 2015, 03:55:56 PM

Marinelli gonna coach in Tampa AND Dallas next year? Or was signing a 3 year extension with the Cowboys just some kind of trick?

I guess I shouldn't believe everything I read on Twitter.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #66 on: January 18, 2015, 05:48:02 PM »

The Tribune asks,

"Bears fans, does John Fox's age concern you?"

No.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #67 on: March 24, 2015, 05:04:48 PM »
The Bears have signed former 49ers DL Ray McDonald

QuoteMcDonald was released by the San Francisco 49ers in December after law enforcement officials in San Jose, California, said he was under investigation on suspicion of sexual assault. McDonald hasn't been charged in that case, which remains open.

I hate this team.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #68 on: March 25, 2015, 02:26:36 PM »
Quote from: InternetApex on March 24, 2015, 05:04:48 PM

QuoteMcDonald was released by the San Francisco 49ers in December after law enforcement officials in San Jose, California, said he was under investigation on suspicion of sexual assault. McDonald hasn't been charged in that case, which remains open.

I hate this team.

In-depth interview with George McCaskey on the signing.

Some of it is pretty coherent, but hard to get around this gem.

An alleged victim, I think -- much like anybody else who has a bias in this situation -- there's a certain amount of discounting in what they have to say.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #69 on: March 25, 2015, 02:31:33 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on March 25, 2015, 02:26:36 PM
Quote from: InternetApex on March 24, 2015, 05:04:48 PM

I hate this team.

In-depth interview with George McCaskey on the signing.

Some of it is pretty coherent, but hard to get around this gem.

An alleged victim, I think -- much like anybody else who has a bias in this situation -- there's a certain amount of discounting in what they have to say.

The whole thing is digusting and I'm done. They talked to his parents, you know. His fucking parents. Those were their character witnesses. The alleged victim has bias but HIS FUCKING PARENTS don't, I guess. Fuck this team.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #70 on: March 25, 2015, 02:34:44 PM »

That's some Chuck Johnson level men's rights bullshit right there. Deplorable.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #71 on: March 25, 2015, 02:45:16 PM »
Quote from: Eli on March 25, 2015, 02:34:44 PM

Chuck can't hear you over the sound of the TRUTH #tcot

You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #72 on: March 25, 2015, 03:04:01 PM »
Quote from: Eli on March 25, 2015, 02:34:44 PM

DPD.  How about this:

QuoteWhen character issues or the legal issues involve a woman as in the case with the sexual assault, do you feel a deeper accountability to your mother, who is obviously still such a big part of the organization?

McCaskey: I don't think so. Because to me there's an element of reverse sexism there. It's not like somebody has a greater responsibility to the social issue because of their gender. We're all responsible. And we recognize at the NFL that we have an opportunity to make a difference in this area. And everyone in the NFL is committed to doing that.

Reverse sexism.  Gosh darn women, always discriminating against the menz.

QuoteWhat troubled you the most?

McCaskey: The pattern. The frequency. Ray and I talked about this. I told him that my assessment was 'bad decision-making,' allowing himself to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, or not withdrawing from a situation at the appropriate time. And I told him, if he's to remain a Bear, that needs to improve. And he pledged to me that it would.

See?  His fist was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.  Total accident.  It was a trap.  What a bitch.  Somewhere Ray Rice is nodding in agreement.

QuoteDid you have to convince your mother? Was she OK with decision?

McCaskey: We talked about it, had a good discussion about it. In fairness to her, as in fairness to Ray, I don't want to talk about the particulars of the conversation. But in the end she put her trust in me and I'm putting my trust in Ryan.

Throwing him under the bus already.  That was fast.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #73 on: March 25, 2015, 03:17:17 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on March 25, 2015, 03:04:01 PM
wrong place at the wrong time

I wonder how many times "wrong place, wrong time" has been used where the wrong place/time was "at home with the missus."

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #74 on: March 25, 2015, 03:20:34 PM »
Quote from: ChuckD on March 25, 2015, 03:17:17 PM
Quote from: Sterling Archer on March 25, 2015, 03:04:01 PM
wrong place at the wrong time

I wonder how many times "wrong place, wrong time" has been used where the wrong place/time was "at home with the missus."

Trying to retrace his steps that whole night like, man, I know I was at work, then all of a sudden I was at my house in my living room with my girlfriend hitting her, how did that happen?  So random.  Gotta do a better job of "withdrawing" from the situation next time.  Go sit on the roof or something.  Women.