News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Ryan Pace Era... BEGINS!!!  ( 32,950 )

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The Ryan Pace Era... BEGINS!!!
« Reply #120 on: August 15, 2015, 11:21:38 AM »
DPD

Kevin White to start the season on the PUP list and possibly miss the entire season after having surgery on a stress fracture in his leg.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #121 on: August 15, 2015, 04:25:32 PM »
IN BEFORE LOCK!

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #122 on: September 21, 2015, 02:44:24 PM »
Get a load of these guys.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #123 on: September 21, 2015, 02:52:18 PM »
I did at least enjoy last week's "well hey at least they're more competitive than last year's Bears!" narrative dying immediately. Nope, they still just suck.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #124 on: September 21, 2015, 03:03:22 PM »
Quote from: SKO on September 21, 2015, 02:52:18 PM
I did at least enjoy last week's "well hey at least they're more competitive than last year's Bears!" narrative dying immediately. Nope, they still just suck.

I'm actively hoping for the first overall pick, or at least top 3

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #125 on: September 21, 2015, 03:05:23 PM »
Quote from: Eli on September 21, 2015, 02:44:24 PM

I wonder if John Fox expected this or what. This is not going to be fun for him or anyone, really. Packer fans.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #126 on: September 21, 2015, 03:11:07 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on September 21, 2015, 03:05:23 PM

I wonder if John Fox expected this or what. This is not going to be fun for him or anyone, really. Packer fans.

I think there was the perception that because Trestman was such a pushover and nearly every veteran on the team last year has made some statement that amounts to "yeah we just stopped trying last year" that the team was maybe better than they were last year and just needed a guy like Fox to discipline them back into shape.

The reality is that this team has drafted basically nobody of consequence outside of maybe Alshon Jeffrey (who gets hurt all of the fucking time, anyway) and Forte (who is old as shit in RB years) in a decade. The bottom was always going to fall out and when it did it was going to be far more than a one or even two year project to fix. Hell, arguably the only thing that can save them is falling ass backwards into an actual star quarterback. I'm not sure there even is one at the top of next year's draft but they might as well tank and take whatever is there.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #127 on: September 21, 2015, 03:19:08 PM »
Quote from: SKO on September 21, 2015, 03:11:07 PM
Hell, arguably the only thing that can save them is falling ass backwards into an actual star quarterback. I'm not sure there even is one at the top of next year's draft but they might as well tank and take whatever is there.

I feel like there's a good quarterback drafted about once every six years, so probably not.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #128 on: September 21, 2015, 03:26:20 PM »

I think there was the perception that because Trestman was such a pushover and nearly every veteran on the team last year has made some statement that amounts to "yeah we just stopped trying last year" that the team was maybe better than they were last year and just needed a guy like Fox to discipline them back into shape.

The reality is that this team has drafted basically nobody of consequence outside of maybe Alshon Jeffrey (who gets hurt all of the fucking time, anyway) and Forte (who is old as shit in RB years) in a decade. The bottom was always going to fall out and when it did it was going to be far more than a one or even two year project to fix. Hell, arguably the only thing that can save them is falling ass backwards into an actual star quarterback. I'm not sure there even is one at the top of next year's draft but they might as well tank and take whatever is there.

What's alarming is that the front office seem to be on board with the perception as opposed to the reality. Jeffrey and Forte should have been actively shopped in the offseason, and Forte should be shopped now. Every action from here on out (and it should have been when the Ryan Pace Era ... Began!!) should be focused on rebuilding the franchise. Instead, they go out and get Eddie Royal and Antrel Rolle and Ray McDonald.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #129 on: September 21, 2015, 03:32:33 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on September 21, 2015, 03:26:20 PM

What's alarming is that the front office seem to be on board with the perception as opposed to the reality. Jeffrey and Forte should have been actively shopped in the offseason, and Forte should be shopped now. Every action from here on out (and it should have been when the Ryan Pace Era ... Began!!) should be focused on rebuilding the franchise. Instead, they go out and get Eddie Royal and Antrel Rolle and Ray McDonald.

Yeah, I don't think Pace was hired because he was a bright young Theo type, however badly Chuck wants to hammer that square peg into that round hole. He was hired because the Saints went from a laughingstock to an elite franchise quickly while he was there (which ignores the fact that they only did that because Drew Brees was a god and hit free agency by a convoluted set of circumstances that'll never happen again, and now that he's less Godlike they suck again) and I'm pretty sure he sold Philips and the McCaskeys on being able to turn this around quickly. I don't think John Fox, Adam Gase (who had a bright future with a reputation as young guru and nearly got the niners head gig), and Fangio all sign up with this team if they thought it was rebuilding.

I found nothing in the rhetoric that the McCaskeys offered when firing Emery to be reassuring as to the direction of the franchise. It's all still a search for one last band-aid that'll help them sneak into the playoffs at 10-6 and maybe get lucky once they're there.  

I'm usually not a BLAME DA CHEAP MCCASKEYS conspiracy theorist, but this one is on them. They don't know what they're dealing with or how to fix it.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #130 on: September 21, 2015, 03:47:00 PM »
Quote from: SKO on September 21, 2015, 03:32:33 PM

Yeah, I don't think Pace was hired because he was a bright young Theo type, however badly Chuck wants to hammer that square peg into that round hole. He was hired because the Saints went from a laughingstock to an elite franchise quickly while he was there (which ignores the fact that they only did that because Drew Brees was a god and hit free agency by a convoluted set of circumstances that'll never happen again, and now that he's less Godlike they suck again) and I'm pretty sure he sold Philips and the McCaskeys on being able to turn this around quickly. I don't think John Fox, Adam Gase (who had a bright future with a reputation as young guru and nearly got the niners head gig), and Fangio all sign up with this team if they thought it was rebuilding.

I found nothing in the rhetoric that the McCaskeys offered when firing Emery to be reassuring as to the direction of the franchise. It's all still a search for one last band-aid that'll help them sneak into the playoffs at 10-6 and maybe get lucky once they're there.  

I'm usually not a BLAME DA CHEAP MCCASKEYS conspiracy theorist, but this one is on them. They don't know what they're dealing with or how to fix it.

It's not that the McCaskeys are cheap so much as that they're just a family of completely inept morons.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #131 on: September 21, 2015, 04:06:39 PM »
Quote from: Eli on September 21, 2015, 03:19:08 PM
Hell, arguably the only thing that can save them is falling ass backwards into an actual star quarterback. I'm not sure there even is one at the top of next year's draft but they might as well tank and take whatever is there.

I feel like there's a good quarterback drafted about once every six years, so probably not.

There is one out here.  But the Bears never look any further west than Iowa when it comes to the draft.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/nfl-draft-scout/25309222/cal-qb-jared-goff-dazzles-vs-texas-makes-case-for-no-1-overall
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #132 on: September 21, 2015, 04:07:58 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on September 21, 2015, 04:06:39 PM

There is one out here.  But the Bears never look any further west than Iowa when it comes to the draft.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/nfl-draft-scout/25309222/cal-qb-jared-goff-dazzles-vs-texas-makes-case-for-no-1-overall

They looked west for Caleb Hanie, who proceeded to stomp on our hopes and dreams and then piss on them like some sort of campfire.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #133 on: September 21, 2015, 04:28:05 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on September 21, 2015, 04:06:39 PM

The wounds from Cade McNown ran deep.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #134 on: September 21, 2015, 04:40:08 PM »
Quote from: SKO on September 21, 2015, 03:32:33 PM

I don't think I've said that Pace is going Full Theo (maybe I have), rather that I've hoped he would. The non-release of Cutler was very disappointing because it suggested he was going Full Kenny Williams.