News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Ryan Pace Era... BEGINS!!!  ( 32,944 )

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The Ryan Pace Era... BEGINS!!!
« Reply #180 on: November 22, 2015, 03:39:17 PM »
Quote from: CubFaninHydePark on November 22, 2015, 03:02:30 PM
Did anyone else enjoy watching Osweiler outplay Cutler today?

Don't let the last 2 weeks fool you, this team is still a giant, mostly talent-free, dumpster fire.

Whenever there is losing or misfortune, CFiHP will be there, irritatingly telling you he told you so despite never actually having done so.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #181 on: November 22, 2015, 04:49:07 PM »
Did anyone else enjoy

I guarantee you, no matter how this sentence ends, if you're asking the question here, the answer is "no."
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #182 on: November 22, 2015, 07:06:54 PM »

Don't let the last 2 weeks fool you, this team is still a giant, mostly talent-free, dumpster fire.

One quarterback played the #1 ranked defense in the league. The other quarterback played the 27th ranked defense in the league. I know you accounted for that, though.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #183 on: November 22, 2015, 08:18:04 PM »
I don't have any idea if the Bears are good or terrible or somewhere in between, but I do know if feels great to not give a shit about the Bears or the NFL. Turns out Sundays are just kind of like Saturdays now. It's super cool.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #184 on: November 23, 2015, 07:10:32 AM »

Blaming Cutler for yesterday's loss is like blaming Czechoslovakia for failing to stop Hitler. Your second sentence is fairly accurate. I don't recall anybody in this community getting fooled or excited about what the Bears are though.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #185 on: November 23, 2015, 07:15:45 AM »
Quote from: InternetApex on November 23, 2015, 07:10:32 AM

Blaming Cutler for yesterday's loss is like blaming Czechoslovakia for failing to stop Hitler. Your second sentence is fairly accurate. I don't recall anybody in this community getting fooled or excited about what the Bears are though.

I found the quote rather telling as it was indicative to me that CFIHP did get fooled by the previous two weeks, as only someone who had would be asshurt about yesterday's result.

I mean that Broncos defense held CFIHP's beloved Aaron Rodgers to 77 yards passing, expecting Cutler to dominate them without anyone who could reasonably called an NFL wide receiver seemed a bit much.

Whatever makes you feel better, I suppose.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #186 on: November 23, 2015, 07:48:55 AM »
Quote from: Eli on November 22, 2015, 08:18:04 PM
I don't have any idea if the Bears are good or terrible or somewhere in between, but I do know if feels great to not give a shit about the Bears or the NFL. Turns out Sundays are just kind of like Saturdays now. It's super cool.

It's pretty sweet, isn't it?
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #187 on: November 23, 2015, 08:35:30 AM »
Quote from: Bort on November 23, 2015, 07:48:55 AM

No traffic.  Had a nice brunch.  Ran some errands.  Enjoyed some snow melting.  Life is good.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #188 on: November 23, 2015, 08:37:20 AM »
Quote from: Oleg on November 23, 2015, 08:35:30 AM

No traffic.  Had a nice brunch.  Ran some errands.  Enjoyed some snow melting.  Life is good.

I think I've watched about 8 quarters of Bears football this year. Watched most of the first half yesterday, and the last 2 minutes. Watched the end of Chargers game.

It's been nice.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #189 on: November 23, 2015, 08:49:48 AM »
Quote from: SKO on November 23, 2015, 08:37:20 AM

I think I've watched about 8 quarters of Bears football this year. Watched most of the first half yesterday, and the last 2 minutes. Watched the end of Chargers game.

It's been nice.

I've watched most of the past 4 games. I don't get very emotional. Sunday afternoons are about relaxing on the couch and if the Bears win, great. If they don't, fine. I know I said I was done but I just can't quit completely as long as Cutler is there and playing decent. I've got enough invested in that to see it through - with zero expectations.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #190 on: November 23, 2015, 08:56:33 AM »
Quote from: InternetApex on November 23, 2015, 08:49:48 AM

It's been nice.

I've watched most of the past 4 games. I don't get very emotional. Sunday afternoons are about relaxing on the couch and if the Bears win, great. If they don't, fine. I know I said I was done but I just can't quit completely as long as Cutler is there and playing decent. I've got enough invested in that to see it through - with zero expectations.

Yeah I mean I can't say I don't completely care. The few times I have found myself watching it's not like I didn't want them to do well, their failures just have no effect on me whatsoever.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #191 on: November 23, 2015, 09:20:41 AM »
Quote from: SKO on November 23, 2015, 08:56:33 AM

It's been nice.

Yeah I mean I can't say I don't completely care. The few times I have found myself watching it's not like I didn't want them to do well, their failures just have no effect on me whatsoever.

Yesterday's was the first Bears game of which I watched all 4 Quarters.  Until then I think I had  probably watched a total of 4 Quarters all year.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #192 on: November 23, 2015, 01:30:25 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on November 23, 2015, 09:20:41 AM

It's been nice.

Yesterday's was the first Bears game of which I watched all 4 Quarters.  Until then I think I had  probably watched a total of 4 Quarters all year.
I shake my head when the 2015 Bears win a game.  Did they trade away their position in the draft?  Did they catch a team having a bad day? 
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #193 on: November 23, 2015, 02:09:17 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on November 23, 2015, 01:30:25 PM

No traffic.  Had a nice brunch.  Ran some errands.  Enjoyed some snow melting.  Life is good.

It's been nice.

Yesterday's was the first Bears game of which I watched all 4 Quarters.  Until then I think I had  probably watched a total of 4 Quarters all year.
I shake my head when the 2015 Bears win a game.  Did they trade away their position in the draft?  Did they catch a team having a bad day?  

That's typically the story. But they're playing everybody close right now. They don't have difference makers on either side of the ball. Nobody who can just physically destroy an opponent and change a game on just a couple of plays. A big play receiver, a burner at running back, a defensive lineman who can eat a quarterback raw, big hitting safety, Peanut Fucking Tillman... none of these things exists. If that's the case, you can hang in against other teams and if the other team is bad, hell, you can win. If the other team has Clay Matthews or some of those bitches on that Denver defense, well, a loser is you. This seems oversimplified and it is.

These are the Wannstedt-era Bears. But we've been told that this Ryan Pace fella knows where to find difference-makers and that John Fox can take his'n and compete with your'n.

This is not a trainwreck. It's a traffic jam on the interstate on a Wednesday and you need to call your boss and tell him you'll be late and you're super sorry. And he's like meh, see you when you get here.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #194 on: November 23, 2015, 02:26:13 PM »
Quote from: InternetApex on November 23, 2015, 02:09:17 PM
Quote from: CBStew on November 23, 2015, 01:30:25 PM

No traffic.  Had a nice brunch.  Ran some errands.  Enjoyed some snow melting.  Life is good.

It's been nice.

Yesterday's was the first Bears game of which I watched all 4 Quarters.  Until then I think I had  probably watched a total of 4 Quarters all year.
I shake my head when the 2015 Bears win a game.  Did they trade away their position in the draft?  Did they catch a team having a bad day?  

That's typically the story. But they're playing everybody close right now. They don't have difference makers on either side of the ball. Nobody who can just physically destroy an opponent and change a game on just a couple of plays. A big play receiver, a burner at running back, a defensive lineman who can eat a quarterback raw, big hitting safety, Peanut Fucking Tillman... none of these things exists. If that's the case, you can hang in against other teams and if the other team is bad, hell, you can win. If the other team has Clay Matthews or some of those bitches on that Denver defense, well, a loser is you. This seems oversimplified and it is.

These are the Wannstedt Jauron-era Bears. But we've been told that this Ryan Pace fella knows where to find difference-makers and that John Fox can take his'n and compete with your'n.

This is not a trainwreck. It's a traffic jam on the interstate on a Wednesday and you need to call your boss and tell him you'll be late and you're super sorry. And he's like meh, see you when you get here.

THe Wannstedt Era got progressively worse until it was a positive abortion the final two years.  If this the Wannstedt Era redux you can count me the fuck out.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs