News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Ryan Pace Era... BEGINS!!!  ( 32,947 )

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The Ryan Pace Era... BEGINS!!!
« Reply #195 on: November 23, 2015, 03:01:39 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on November 23, 2015, 02:26:13 PM
Quote from: InternetApex on November 23, 2015, 02:09:17 PM
Quote from: CBStew on November 23, 2015, 01:30:25 PM
Quote from: PANK! on November 23, 2015, 09:20:41 AM
Quote from: SKO on November 23, 2015, 08:56:33 AM
Quote from: InternetApex on November 23, 2015, 08:49:48 AM
Quote from: SKO on November 23, 2015, 08:37:20 AM
Quote from: Oleg on November 23, 2015, 08:35:30 AM
Quote from: Bort on November 23, 2015, 07:48:55 AM
Quote from: Eli on November 22, 2015, 08:18:04 PM
I don't have any idea if the Bears are good or terrible or somewhere in between, but I do know if feels great to not give a shit about the Bears or the NFL. Turns out Sundays are just kind of like Saturdays now. It's super cool.

It's pretty sweet, isn't it?

No traffic.  Had a nice brunch.  Ran some errands.  Enjoyed some snow melting.  Life is good.

I think I've watched about 8 quarters of Bears football this year. Watched most of the first half yesterday, and the last 2 minutes. Watched the end of Chargers game.

It's been nice.

I've watched most of the past 4 games. I don't get very emotional. Sunday afternoons are about relaxing on the couch and if the Bears win, great. If they don't, fine. I know I said I was done but I just can't quit completely as long as Cutler is there and playing decent. I've got enough invested in that to see it through - with zero expectations.

Yeah I mean I can't say I don't completely care. The few times I have found myself watching it's not like I didn't want them to do well, their failures just have no effect on me whatsoever.

Yesterday's was the first Bears game of which I watched all 4 Quarters.  Until then I think I had  probably watched a total of 4 Quarters all year.
I shake my head when the 2015 Bears win a game.  Did they trade away their position in the draft?  Did they catch a team having a bad day?  

That's typically the story. But they're playing everybody close right now. They don't have difference makers on either side of the ball. Nobody who can just physically destroy an opponent and change a game on just a couple of plays. A big play receiver, a burner at running back, a defensive lineman who can eat a quarterback raw, big hitting safety, Peanut Fucking Tillman... none of these things exists. If that's the case, you can hang in against other teams and if the other team is bad, hell, you can win. If the other team has Clay Matthews or some of those bitches on that Denver defense, well, a loser is you. This seems oversimplified and it is.

These are the Wannstedt Jauron-era Bears. But we've been told that this Ryan Pace fella knows where to find difference-makers and that John Fox can take his'n and compete with your'n.

This is not a trainwreck. It's a traffic jam on the interstate on a Wednesday and you need to call your boss and tell him you'll be late and you're super sorry. And he's like meh, see you when you get here.

THe Wannstedt Era got progressively worse until it was a positive abortion the final two years.  If this the Wannstedt Era redux you can count me the fuck out.

I'll allow it. We're talking about 10 games. I can't tell you where it goes from here. Jauron had Hall of Fame talent on defense eventually but in year one the cupboard was bare and they sort of overachieved. So ok.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

Shooter

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #196 on: November 23, 2015, 07:22:20 PM »
I don't have any idea if the Bears are good or terrible or somewhere in between, but I do know if feels great to not give a shit about the Bears or the NFL. Turns out Sundays are just kind of like Saturdays now. It's super cool.

What time does Lee Corso put on a mascot head on Sunday?

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #197 on: November 23, 2015, 08:09:41 PM »
Quote from: InternetApex on November 23, 2015, 03:01:39 PM
Quote from: PANK! on November 23, 2015, 02:26:13 PM
Quote from: InternetApex on November 23, 2015, 02:09:17 PM
Quote from: CBStew on November 23, 2015, 01:30:25 PM
Quote from: PANK! on November 23, 2015, 09:20:41 AM
Quote from: SKO on November 23, 2015, 08:56:33 AM
Quote from: InternetApex on November 23, 2015, 08:49:48 AM
Quote from: SKO on November 23, 2015, 08:37:20 AM
Quote from: Oleg on November 23, 2015, 08:35:30 AM
Quote from: Bort on November 23, 2015, 07:48:55 AM

It's pretty sweet, isn't it?

No traffic.  Had a nice brunch.  Ran some errands.  Enjoyed some snow melting.  Life is good.

I think I've watched about 8 quarters of Bears football this year. Watched most of the first half yesterday, and the last 2 minutes. Watched the end of Chargers game.

It's been nice.

I've watched most of the past 4 games. I don't get very emotional. Sunday afternoons are about relaxing on the couch and if the Bears win, great. If they don't, fine. I know I said I was done but I just can't quit completely as long as Cutler is there and playing decent. I've got enough invested in that to see it through - with zero expectations.

Yeah I mean I can't say I don't completely care. The few times I have found myself watching it's not like I didn't want them to do well, their failures just have no effect on me whatsoever.

Yesterday's was the first Bears game of which I watched all 4 Quarters.  Until then I think I had  probably watched a total of 4 Quarters all year.
I shake my head when the 2015 Bears win a game.  Did they trade away their position in the draft?  Did they catch a team having a bad day?  

That's typically the story. But they're playing everybody close right now. They don't have difference makers on either side of the ball. Nobody who can just physically destroy an opponent and change a game on just a couple of plays. A big play receiver, a burner at running back, a defensive lineman who can eat a quarterback raw, big hitting safety, Peanut Fucking Tillman... none of these things exists. If that's the case, you can hang in against other teams and if the other team is bad, hell, you can win. If the other team has Clay Matthews or some of those bitches on that Denver defense, well, a loser is you. This seems oversimplified and it is.

These are the Wannstedt Jauron-era Bears. But we've been told that this Ryan Pace fella knows where to find difference-makers and that John Fox can take his'n and compete with your'n.

This is not a trainwreck. It's a traffic jam on the interstate on a Wednesday and you need to call your boss and tell him you'll be late and you're super sorry. And he's like meh, see you when you get here.

THe Wannstedt Era got progressively worse until it was a positive abortion the final two years.  If this the Wannstedt Era redux you can count me the fuck out.

I'll allow it. We're talking about 10 games. I can't tell you where it goes from here. Jauron had Hall of Fame talent on defense eventually but in year one the cupboard was bare and they sort of overachieved. So ok.

Yeah.  The way I see it, Wannstedt got off to a good start, but it started going sour the week after they knocked off the defending Super Bowl champ Cowboys to kick off the '96 season when they went into Washington and got beat by an underwhelming Redskins team when Erik Kramer elected to throw one out of the endzone rather than risk an INT on the last play of the game.  The season could've been salvaged but  Jim Flanigan dropped a pass at Mile High Stadium.  The next season the Bears lost their first seven games and Wanny should've been fired but instead was allowed to come back for a repeat clusterfuck of a season in '98.  By the end of '98 the team was reaching franchise depths not seen since Abe Gibron was providing fodder for NFL FilmsĀ®

I've always felt that if nothing else, Dick Jauron was able to slow down the Bears's race to the bottom which had built up a good amount of momentum in the last 3 years of Wannstedt's tenure and Jauron may have actually had more success had he not been so loyal to his staff (mostly John Shoop).  Still, he was able to provide some semblance of stability which set the table for Lovie Smith.  That is all.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #198 on: November 24, 2015, 08:02:00 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on November 23, 2015, 08:09:41 PM
Yeah.  The way I see it, Wannstedt got off to a good start, but it started going sour the week after they knocked off the defending Super Bowl champ Cowboys to kick off the '96 season when they went into Washington and got beat by an underwhelming Redskins team when Erik Kramer elected to throw one out of the endzone rather than risk an INT on the last play of the game.  The season could've been salvaged but  Jim Flanigan dropped a pass at Mile High Stadium.  The next season the Bears lost their first seven games and Wanny should've been fired but instead was allowed to come back for a repeat clusterfuck of a season in '98.  By the end of '98 the team was reaching franchise depths not seen since Abe Gibron was providing fodder for NFL FilmsĀ®

I've always felt that if nothing else, Dick Jauron was able to slow down the Bears's race to the bottom which had built up a good amount of momentum in the last 3 years of Wannstedt's tenure and Jauron may have actually had more success had he not been so loyal to his staff (mostly John Shoop).  Still, he was able to provide some semblance of stability which set the table for Lovie Smith.  That is all.

No Cade McNown this time and they should be golden. Super Bears. Super Bowl.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #199 on: November 26, 2015, 09:41:45 PM »

I realize this is a sorry ass thing to say but the officiating in the NFL blows.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #200 on: November 26, 2015, 10:58:00 PM »
When's CubFanUpHisOwnAss gonna comment on Rodgers getting outplayed at home on Thanksgiving by Cutler?
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #201 on: November 26, 2015, 11:16:23 PM »
Quote from: SKO on November 26, 2015, 10:58:00 PM
When's CubFanUpHisOwnAss gonna comment on Rodgers getting outplayed at home on Thanksgiving by Cutler?

On Brett Favre Suckoff Night even. Pretty sweet.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #202 on: November 27, 2015, 08:06:12 AM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on November 26, 2015, 11:16:23 PM

Not a Bears fan, still enjoyed the shit out of it.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #203 on: November 27, 2015, 08:13:16 AM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on November 27, 2015, 08:06:12 AM

I think people of nearly every fanbase, color, creed, nationality, etc. can come together to agree that the Packers and especially Brett Favre can get fucked into perpetuity.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #204 on: November 27, 2015, 10:41:51 AM »
When's CubFanUpHisOwnAss gonna comment on Did anyone else enjoy Rodgers getting outplayed at home on Thanksgiving by Cutler?

C'mon, man!

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #205 on: November 27, 2015, 10:45:04 AM »
It does still annoy me that John Fox is still a big weenie when it comes to having to make tough fourth down decisions and his clock management is bizarre, but it's pretty hard to deny that he and Gase and Fangio are getting way more than anyone has any right to out of a team and especially a defense that has fuckall for talent.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #206 on: November 27, 2015, 11:03:08 AM »
Quote from: SKO on November 27, 2015, 08:13:16 AM

I think people of nearly every fanbase, color, creed, nationality, etc. can come together to agree that the Packers and especially Brett Favre can get fucked into perpetuity.

Double for Dallas.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #207 on: November 27, 2015, 11:45:41 AM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on November 27, 2015, 11:03:08 AM
Quote from: SKO on November 27, 2015, 08:13:16 AM

Double for Dallas.

I barely qualify as a football fan, and I was positively gleeful watching that.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #208 on: November 30, 2015, 11:40:31 AM »
Did anyone else enjoy watching Osweiler outplay Tom Brady yesterday?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #209 on: November 30, 2015, 12:27:20 PM »
Quote from: SKO on November 30, 2015, 11:40:31 AM
Did anyone else enjoy watching Osweiler outplay Tom Brady yesterday?

I thought we weren't using this for things that are actually enjoyable.
TIME TO POST!