News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Birdman  ( 12,013 )

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Birdman
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2015, 02:35:47 PM »
Quote from: Eli on February 24, 2015, 02:24:09 PM
Quote from: Tonker on February 24, 2015, 02:09:23 PM
Yeah, several.  It was pretty hairy, one way and another, but honestly, even if he'd been a picture of health, I'd quite possibly still have found it overwhelming and deeply unpleasant.  My whole fucking life got turned completely upside-down and I didn't like it one bit.

I thought the first two weeks were awesome, since she was sleeping like 22 hours a day. Weeks 2-6 were pretty tough in a what-the-hell-have-I-done sort of way and are mostly a blur.

I've heard from very few dads who *love* having an infant, so I think this is a fairly universal thing. For whatever reason, new-dad struggles are something that isn't talked about a lot, so it came as a bit of a shock to me. I remember thinking that I was a bad person because I was certainly not "treasuring" every moment (as I was told to do by every old person at the grocery store). It still feels that way a bit, but less so even after a few months.

You're absolutely right.  People looked at me strange when I talked about how bloody difficult I was finding it, which just made me all the more determined not to make a secret of it.  I'm not ashamed of how I felt.  I think it was entirely underfuckingstandable, considering what had just happened to my previously self-centred existence.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2015, 02:47:12 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on February 24, 2015, 02:35:47 PM
Yeah, several.  It was pretty hairy, one way and another, but honestly, even if he'd been a picture of health, I'd quite possibly still have found it overwhelming and deeply unpleasant.  My whole fucking life got turned completely upside-down and I didn't like it one bit.

I thought the first two weeks were awesome, since she was sleeping like 22 hours a day. Weeks 2-6 were pretty tough in a what-the-hell-have-I-done sort of way and are mostly a blur.

I've heard from very few dads who *love* having an infant, so I think this is a fairly universal thing. For whatever reason, new-dad struggles are something that isn't talked about a lot, so it came as a bit of a shock to me. I remember thinking that I was a bad person because I was certainly not "treasuring" every moment (as I was told to do by every old person at the grocery store). It still feels that way a bit, but less so even after a few months.

You're absolutely right.  People looked at me strange when I talked about how bloody difficult I was finding it, which just made me all the more determined not to make a secret of it.  I'm not ashamed of how I felt.  I think it was entirely underfuckingstandable, considering what had just happened to my previously self-centred existence.

First 4 months sucked. Then they start to play and it's fun.

Until they turn 15, fuck up their biology test, don't ask for help, and have a shitty-for-what-he-can-really-do first semester of high school.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2015, 02:48:05 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on February 24, 2015, 02:47:12 PM

Until they turn 15, fuck up their biology test, don't ask for help, and have a shitty-for-what-he-can-really-do first semester of high school.

I blame Twitter.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2015, 03:24:17 PM »

Time to waive that college scholarship goodbye.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2015, 03:43:52 PM »
Quote from: Bort on February 24, 2015, 02:48:05 PM

I blame Twitter.

He's off for a long time.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2015, 03:44:15 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on February 24, 2015, 03:24:17 PM

Waive or wave?

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2015, 04:01:47 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on February 24, 2015, 03:44:15 PM

Waive or wave?

Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2015, 04:11:43 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on February 24, 2015, 04:01:47 PM

Waive or wave?

How do you sleep at night?

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2015, 04:21:16 PM »

...............oh shit.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2015, 05:05:45 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on February 24, 2015, 04:01:47 PM

Waive or wave?

To be fair, my potato brain missed it until Chuck went all Joke Explainer on us.  So, I for one both appreciate Chuck's help as well as Archer's joke.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2015, 09:47:52 PM »
Quote from: SKO on February 24, 2015, 04:21:16 PM

You're absolutely right.  People looked at me strange when I talked about how bloody difficult I was finding it, which just made me all the more determined not to make a secret of it.  I'm not ashamed of how I felt.  I think it was entirely underfuckingstandable, considering what had just happened to my previously self-centred existence.

...............oh shit.

Just keep the young'uns in hand me down overalls and Carhartt. The whole clan will do jus' fine.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2015, 10:27:50 PM »

...............oh shit.

You'll really be fine. Talk to other dads. Adjust your expectations a bit. Watch Birdman or something if you get spare time; it really sounds like your kind of film.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #42 on: February 24, 2015, 11:08:36 PM »
Quote from: Eli on February 24, 2015, 10:27:50 PM

...............oh shit.

You'll really be fine. Talk to other dads. Adjust your expectations a bit. Watch Birdman or something if you get spare time; it really sounds like your kind of film.

Just remember: if you're up all hours of the night, don't just tweet about Holiday Road. It's been done.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #43 on: February 25, 2015, 09:50:20 AM »
Quote from: Bort on February 24, 2015, 11:08:36 PM

You're absolutely right.  People looked at me strange when I talked about how bloody difficult I was finding it, which just made me all the more determined not to make a secret of it.  I'm not ashamed of how I felt.  I think it was entirely underfuckingstandable, considering what had just happened to my previously self-centred existence.

...............oh shit.

Just remember: if you're up all hours of the night, don't just tweet about Holiday Road. It's been done.

I was thinking that this thread hijack was unfortunate and should have happened in a subsequent Boyhood thread. But now I realize this is the perfect conversation for this film. There are a lot of important things being said on a topic that I have absolutely no interest in. So I'm going to just watch and nod and appreciate that other people have different interests than me. I'm ok with my perfectly self-centered existence after all.

Carry on.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #44 on: February 25, 2015, 11:20:14 AM »
Quote from: Bort on February 24, 2015, 11:08:36 PM

...............oh shit.

I'm expecting more Gretchen Wilson related stuff.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16