News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Dexter Fowler Center Field of Splooge Thread  ( 24,496 )

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Dexter Fowler Center Field of Splooge Thread
« Reply #60 on: April 13, 2015, 09:34:31 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on April 13, 2015, 08:58:43 PM
Quote from: flannj on April 13, 2015, 06:19:38 PM
Quote from: Bort on April 13, 2015, 05:11:32 PM
God damn it, people. Are you slapdicks being soft on LaTroy? Fuck that guy ten thousand times. If I had a FIREBARN ready at the time, he'd have gone up like a Snork dipped in Todd Hundley's 180 proof sweat.

Bort is the only one here that has half a brain (besides me of course).

From some dead guy that used to show up here:

QuoteLow Point: Even though I had some bad moments during my time with the Cubs, I have to say that I never felt lower than toward the end of the 2004 season. Remember when we had a 1.5-game lead over the Giants for the NL Wild Card, and we were in New York facing the Mets with a three-run lead with two outs in the bottom of the 9th? Yeah, sorry about that game-tying three-run bomb I served up to Victor Diaz. I guess you could argue that the blown save game them the chance to win that game in the bottom of the 11th inning 4-3, leaving us with only a half game lead in the Wild Card standings.

I tried to make up for it in my very next outing on September 29, 2004, when I came in against the Reds with a 2-1 lead in the top of the 9th at Wrigley. We were tied with the Giants for the Wild Card before the game. I got the first two outs, and everyone thought we might jump into the lead. And then I gave up a triple and a double to tie the game. That set up a two-run, 12th-inning home run by Austin Kearns. We lost 4-3, lost the Wild Card lead, and never recovered.

What the fuck is wrong with you people.
Where to start?  I have met only two of you in person, Fork and Apex.  Hardly a representative sample.

Unfortunately it pretty much is a representative sample.

You could have done so many more productive things with your life Stew.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #61 on: April 14, 2015, 03:22:53 AM »
Quote from: flannj on April 13, 2015, 09:34:31 PM
God damn it, people. Are you slapdicks being soft on LaTroy? Fuck that guy ten thousand times. If I had a FIREBARN ready at the time, he'd have gone up like a Snork dipped in Todd Hundley's 180 proof sweat.

QuoteLow Point: Even though I had some bad moments during my time with the Cubs, I have to say that I never felt lower than toward the end of the 2004 season. Remember when we had a 1.5-game lead over the Giants for the NL Wild Card, and we were in New York facing the Mets with a three-run lead with two outs in the bottom of the 9th? Yeah, sorry about that game-tying three-run bomb I served up to Victor Diaz. I guess you could argue that the blown save game them the chance to win that game in the bottom of the 11th inning 4-3, leaving us with only a half game lead in the Wild Card standings.

I tried to make up for it in my very next outing on September 29, 2004, when I came in against the Reds with a 2-1 lead in the top of the 9th at Wrigley. We were tied with the Giants for the Wild Card before the game. I got the first two outs, and everyone thought we might jump into the lead. And then I gave up a triple and a double to tie the game. That set up a two-run, 12th-inning home run by Austin Kearns. We lost 4-3, lost the Wild Card lead, and never recovered.

Where to start?  I have met only two of you in person, Fork and Apex.  Hardly a representative sample.

I was trying to think of a more representative sample, and couldn't.  Those two are pretty much your median Desipio chuckleheads.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #62 on: April 14, 2015, 08:30:47 AM »
Quote from: PenFoe on April 13, 2015, 03:01:15 PM
Quote from: thehawk on April 13, 2015, 02:59:04 PM
Quote from: PenFoe on April 13, 2015, 02:41:54 PM
Dexter Fowler killed LaTroy Hawkins.

Harding not much of a fan of Bettencourt apparently

Sorry - I swapped out the image, so now you look like a raving lunatic.

Its nice that you said 'now'
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #63 on: April 14, 2015, 08:51:14 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on April 14, 2015, 03:22:53 AM

I was trying to think of a more representative sample, and couldn't.  Those two are pretty much your median Desipio chuckleheads.

Yeah. Definitely not your fringe Wheezers.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #64 on: April 14, 2015, 08:54:17 AM »

Stew and Oleg didn't connect at one point? I might be misremembering but that would even further cover the demographic because - Jew. 
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #65 on: April 14, 2015, 08:59:38 AM »

I demand that Fork change his name to Median Desipio Chucklehead.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #66 on: April 14, 2015, 09:39:36 AM »

Hey!  What the fuck, man? That sushi dinner meant something to ME!

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #67 on: April 14, 2015, 02:53:44 PM »
Quote from: Oleg on April 14, 2015, 09:39:36 AM

Where to start?  I have met only two of you in person, Fork and Apex.  Hardly a representative sample.

Hey!  What the fuck, man? That sushi dinner meant something to ME!

He got tired of you asking if he'd adopt you.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #69 on: April 17, 2015, 04:16:08 PM »
Bump.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #70 on: April 17, 2015, 04:24:44 PM »

Was that you? After the 5th beer I could have sworn that I was meeting with former Secretary of Labor Robert Reich.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #71 on: April 17, 2015, 06:40:03 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on April 17, 2015, 04:24:44 PM

Was that you? After the 5th beer I could have sworn that I was meeting with former Secretary of Labor Robert Reich.

This is the best thing I've read on the internet this week.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #72 on: April 17, 2015, 08:23:39 PM »
Quote from: CT III on April 17, 2015, 06:40:03 PM
Quote from: CBStew on April 17, 2015, 04:24:44 PM

This is the best thing I've read on the internet this week.

It really is.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #73 on: May 15, 2015, 11:55:53 AM »
Bump for driving in the tying run on Wednesday and yesterday's homer and winning run. Even if he does get thrown out on the bases an aggravating amount.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #74 on: May 15, 2015, 01:53:55 PM »
Quote from: SKO on May 15, 2015, 11:55:53 AM
Bump for driving in the tying run on Wednesday and yesterday's homer and winning run. Even if he does get thrown out on the bases an aggravating amount.

The best the Cubs have had in center field since that magical half season of Kenny Lofton.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16