News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Firebarn Chris Coghlan Because Fuck You, That's Why  ( 33,243 )

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: Firebarn Chris Coghlan Because Fuck You, That's Why
« Reply #210 on: October 04, 2015, 05:21:54 PM »
More importantly, after expressing the desire to play more, he went out and nearly hit for the cycle.
M'lady.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #211 on: October 04, 2015, 08:54:17 PM »
Quote from: Canadouche on October 04, 2015, 05:21:54 PM
More importantly, after expressing the desire to play more, he went out and nearly hit for the cycle.

Which is more than we can say for Hammel's earlier red-assery.

Still though--no way should he start over Schwarber in my book.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #212 on: October 04, 2015, 09:43:40 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on October 04, 2015, 08:54:17 PM

But in Chris Coghlan's unbiased opinion, he's one of the best eight guys they have against Cole.  Decisions, decisions.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #213 on: October 04, 2015, 09:44:19 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on October 04, 2015, 08:54:17 PM

I'm inclined to agree, because Schwarber is potentially amazing. But he's also been slumping for a month. It's not necessarily an easy choice for Maddon.
M'lady.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #214 on: October 05, 2015, 03:44:32 AM »
Quote from: SKO on October 04, 2015, 04:14:25 PM
Quote from: Sterling Archer on October 04, 2015, 03:52:17 PM
Quote from: SKO on October 04, 2015, 03:23:32 PM
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on October 04, 2015, 03:05:36 PM
Quote from: InternetApex on October 04, 2015, 12:40:59 PM
Quote from: Tonker on October 04, 2015, 12:28:28 PM
Quote from: Eli on October 04, 2015, 10:36:59 AM
Maybe Ricketts can spring for a cannon to fire Coghlan (and Hammel, while they're at it) into the sun this offseason.

I've defended Coghlan on more than one occasion this year because I think he's been a useful part of the team.  He needs to shut his fucking yapper and keep it shut now, though, because this isn't helping anybody.

That said, I'm confident that Joe will handle this - which, as a Cubs fan, is a nice thing to be able to say.

I felt like he was answering the questions he was asked. He wasn't going out looking for trouble, but asked and answered. He wants to play. Why wouldn't he?

Don't think you want to enter the postseason with guys saying, "There are better guys than me here, this team is better off with me on the bench."

Austin Jackson is a starter on any number of teams who doesn't bitch about being a defensive replacement.  Jorge hit three bombs in a week and then basically got buried the second he cooled off. The only guy to bitch about playing time on this team all year has been Coghlan,  who has done it twice. He's openly questioning Maddon and it's irritating. He can say he has confidence in himself without phrasing it like he's openly questioning Joe.

I'm not playing, Joe has his reasons, only Joe knows why, I've already learned not to think on his wavelength (which means Joe doesn't think what Chris thinks he should), if I'm playing bad it's not my fault but the fault of the guy who's not playing me enough, I expect to play every day, "all of a sudden" I'm not playing. There's ways to answer the questions that don't shit on your manager. Chris chose otherwise.

This.

Yup.  He didn't just express confidence in his abilities and say that he wanted to play more, he took a number of passive-aggressive shots at management and, indirectly, his team mates.  What's more, he did all that after Joe gave him way more rope than he had any right to expect as he stank it up in the first half.  Being shitty at baseball, I can tolerate.  This kind of bullshit, I can't.  Coghlan's on strike two: the next time he flaps his gums about fucking anything, I'm going to run him out of town.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #215 on: October 05, 2015, 04:19:59 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on October 05, 2015, 03:44:32 AM
Quote from: SKO on October 04, 2015, 04:14:25 PM
Quote from: Sterling Archer on October 04, 2015, 03:52:17 PM
Quote from: SKO on October 04, 2015, 03:23:32 PM
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on October 04, 2015, 03:05:36 PM
Quote from: InternetApex on October 04, 2015, 12:40:59 PM
Quote from: Tonker on October 04, 2015, 12:28:28 PM
Quote from: Eli on October 04, 2015, 10:36:59 AM
Maybe Ricketts can spring for a cannon to fire Coghlan (and Hammel, while they're at it) into the sun this offseason.

I've defended Coghlan on more than one occasion this year because I think he's been a useful part of the team.  He needs to shut his fucking yapper and keep it shut now, though, because this isn't helping anybody.

That said, I'm confident that Joe will handle this - which, as a Cubs fan, is a nice thing to be able to say.

I felt like he was answering the questions he was asked. He wasn't going out looking for trouble, but asked and answered. He wants to play. Why wouldn't he?

Don't think you want to enter the postseason with guys saying, "There are better guys than me here, this team is better off with me on the bench."

Austin Jackson is a starter on any number of teams who doesn't bitch about being a defensive replacement.  Jorge hit three bombs in a week and then basically got buried the second he cooled off. The only guy to bitch about playing time on this team all year has been Coghlan,  who has done it twice. He's openly questioning Maddon and it's irritating. He can say he has confidence in himself without phrasing it like he's openly questioning Joe.

I'm not playing, Joe has his reasons, only Joe knows why, I've already learned not to think on his wavelength (which means Joe doesn't think what Chris thinks he should), if I'm playing bad it's not my fault but the fault of the guy who's not playing me enough, I expect to play every day, "all of a sudden" I'm not playing. There's ways to answer the questions that don't shit on your manager. Chris chose otherwise.

This.

Yup.  He didn't just express confidence in his abilities and say that he wanted to play more, he took a number of passive-aggressive shots at management and, indirectly, his team mates.  What's more, he did all that after Joe gave him way more rope than he had any right to expect as he stank it up in the first half.  Being shitty at baseball, I can tolerate.  This kind of bullshit, I can't.  Coghlan's on strike two: the next time he flaps his gums about fucking anything, I'm going to run him out of town.

I appreciate what Clutch Coghlan has provided, but yeah, take it somewhere else of that's how younger about it, red-ass.  I remember something a month or so ago wherein the Cubs had some sick W/L record w/Coghlan batting third, with him only hitting like .240 while there....clearly some anomalous fact that sounds like it'd be just the kind of fact that he he'd hang his hat on as an analyst.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #216 on: October 05, 2015, 04:43:11 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on October 05, 2015, 04:19:59 AM
take it somewhere else of that's how younger about it

God, a thousand times THIS.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #217 on: October 05, 2015, 05:18:35 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on October 05, 2015, 04:43:11 AM

Yeah, me of all people should not Desipio from their phone.

Where's the goddaamn app for this anyway?

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #218 on: October 05, 2015, 05:19:52 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on October 05, 2015, 04:43:11 AM

I'm still laughing at this, hearing the "younger" sentence in a thick brogue.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #219 on: October 05, 2015, 07:19:24 AM »
"Take it somewhere else of that's how younger about it" had better take it's place among "not tolerating bullshit" and "it's gonna hai" in the greater desipio pantheon of phrases.

Oh, you don't like my argument? Well take it somewhere else of that's how younger about it!
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #220 on: October 05, 2015, 07:22:52 AM »
Quote from: SKO on October 05, 2015, 07:19:24 AM
"Take it somewhere else of that's how younger about it" had better take it's place among "not tolerating bullshit" and "it's gonna hai" in the greater desipio pantheon of phrases.

Oh, you don't like my argument? Well take it somewhere else of that's how younger about it!

This is the best phrase in the history of this website.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #221 on: October 05, 2015, 07:23:37 AM »

I've been itching to use it.  Thank God you're all finally waking up.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #222 on: October 05, 2015, 07:45:47 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on October 05, 2015, 07:23:37 AM

You should of just used it if youngered so strongly.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #223 on: October 05, 2015, 07:55:37 AM »
Quote from: ChuckD on October 05, 2015, 07:45:47 AM

Still laughing....

You ingrates all welcome btw

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #224 on: October 05, 2015, 07:59:57 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on October 05, 2015, 07:55:37 AM
Quote from: ChuckD on October 05, 2015, 07:45:47 AM

Still laughing....

You ingrates all welcome btw

I'm laughing my ass off at this. This goes straight into the PANKtheon.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck