News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Jon Lester Jacking It Lefty Splooge Thread  ( 34,945 )

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Jon Lester Jacking It Lefty Splooge Thread
« Reply #60 on: August 29, 2015, 11:17:02 PM »
Quote from: CubFaninHydePark on August 29, 2015, 10:43:39 PM
His inability to field his position and hold runners is going to make him worthless in close playoff games. The Dodgers have all 4 runs because this guy can't play his position.

The guy that's allowed 1 fucking run in 21 IP in two world series? This the fucking guy you're talking about you fucking chode?
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #61 on: August 30, 2015, 11:06:19 AM »
Quote from: SKO on August 29, 2015, 11:17:02 PM
His inability to field his position and hold runners is going to make him worthless in close playoff games. The Dodgers have all 4 runs because this guy can't play his position.

The guy that's allowed 1 fucking run in 21 IP in two world series? This the fucking guy you're talking about you fucking chode?

You just don't understand how playoff games work now. These days they're 95% pitchers fielding comebackers and holding runners on. The rest of that shit is just noise.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #62 on: August 30, 2015, 12:50:02 PM »
Quote from: CT III on August 30, 2015, 11:06:19 AM

You just don't understand how playoff games work now. These days they're 95% pitcher's fielding comebackers and holding runners on. The rest of that shit is just noise.

People need to go back and watch Madison Bumgarner's 2014 postseason highlights. It's minute after minute of him holding runners on, making check throws to first, fielding bunts, and throwing only overhand to bases, NEVER underhand like a gutless bitch. There were a couple key spots during the World Series when there was no runner at first base, so MadBum walked a guy just so he'd have someone there to hold to the bag like a true champion. Still gives me chills.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

CubFaninHydePark

• President The Bull Moose Fan Club
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #63 on: August 30, 2015, 02:28:26 PM »

Two things:

1. Other than the amazing WS against the Cardinals (and there's no reason to believe he'll replicate those numbers, in large part because of the second point), his postseason numbers have been anywhere from solid to pretty bad.  Last year's wild card game is concerning.

2. There's no reason to think he'll replicate his good postseason numbers, because until last year's WC game, base stealers were 1-1 against him in all of his prior postseason appearances.  If you think teams (especially his most likely NLDS opponent, the Cardinals) aren't going to take 25 foot leads and take one--and in many cases two--bases from him, I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you.  This problem gets even worse, because Montero is pretty terrible defensively, which means Ross becomes necessary behind the plate in two playoff games.

Unless the Cardinals only baserunners against Lester are Molina and their pitcher, they will probably set a record for stolen bases in a playoff game against Lester.  He's already allowed 39 steals (to 8 CS) and in only 9 of his 26 starts have opponents not stolen a base.  In almost as many starts (8), he's allowed 3 or more steals.

The writing is on the wall.  But if two abnormally good games against the Cardinals, before teams figured out they could run at will on him, will work as a sippy cup full of warm milk for you, then keep on drinking.
Those Cardinals aren't red, they're yellow.  Like the Spanish!

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #64 on: August 30, 2015, 02:58:44 PM »
Quote from: CubFaninHydePark on August 30, 2015, 02:28:26 PM

Two things:

1. Other than the amazing WS against the Cardinals (and there's no reason to believe he'll replicate those numbers, in large part because of the second point), his postseason numbers have been anywhere from solid to pretty bad.  Last year's wild card game is concerning.

2. There's no reason to think he'll replicate his good postseason numbers, because until last year's WC game, base stealers were 1-1 against him in all of his prior postseason appearances.  If you think teams (especially his most likely NLDS opponent, the Cardinals) aren't going to take 25 foot leads and take one--and in many cases two--bases from him, I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you.  This problem gets even worse, because Montero is pretty terrible defensively, which means Ross becomes necessary behind the plate in two playoff games.

Unless the Cardinals only baserunners against Lester are Molina and their pitcher, they will probably set a record for stolen bases in a playoff game against Lester.  He's already allowed 39 steals (to 8 CS) and in only 9 of his 26 starts have opponents not stolen a base.  In almost as many starts (8), he's allowed 3 or more steals.

The writing is on the wall.  But if two abnormally good games against the Cardinals, before teams figured out they could run at will on him, will work as a sippy cup full of warm milk for you, then keep on drinking.

Well, the Desipio race to the bottom just got more interesting.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #65 on: August 30, 2015, 05:10:32 PM »

Two things:

"Other than the times he was really really good, he has been just merely good, or sometimes bad " I could cite literally any of his good starts the last two years when people ran all over him and he nonetheless pitched very well because it's an overblown issue, but I'll just kindly invite you to fuck off because you're a pissy little nitwit who can't do anything other than show up and bitch when Lester has an off day after being more or less dominant for two and a half fucking months.

You're a fucking idiot and no one wants to hear it. Fucking go away.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #66 on: August 31, 2015, 07:10:17 AM »
Quote from: SKO on August 30, 2015, 05:10:32 PM

Two things:

"Other than the times he was really really good, he has been just merely good, or sometimes bad " I could cite literally any of his good starts the last two years when people ran all over him and he nonetheless pitched very well because it's an overblown issue, but I'll just kindly invite you to fuck off because you're a pissy little nitwit who can't do anything other than show up and bitch when Lester has an off day after being more or less dominant for two and a half fucking months.

Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #67 on: August 31, 2015, 12:17:43 PM »

Two things:

geez, guys. Even if you think he's wrong, there are certainly far less dickish ways to convey that.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #68 on: August 31, 2015, 12:26:19 PM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on August 31, 2015, 12:17:43 PM

Two things:

1. Other than the amazing WS against the Cardinals (and there's no reason to believe he'll replicate those numbers, in large part because of the second point), his postseason numbers have been anywhere from solid to pretty bad.  Last year's wild card game is concerning.

2. There's no reason to think he'll replicate his good postseason numbers, because until last year's WC game, base stealers were 1-1 against him in all of his prior postseason appearances.  If you think teams (especially his most likely NLDS opponent, the Cardinals) aren't going to take 25 foot leads and take one--and in many cases two--bases from him, I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you.  This problem gets even worse, because Montero is pretty terrible defensively, which means Ross becomes necessary behind the plate in two playoff games.

Unless the Cardinals only baserunners against Lester are Molina and their pitcher, they will probably set a record for stolen bases in a playoff game against Lester.  He's already allowed 39 steals (to 8 CS) and in only 9 of his 26 starts have opponents not stolen a base.  In almost as many starts (8), he's allowed 3 or more steals.

The writing is on the wall.  But if two abnormally good games against the Cardinals, before teams figured out they could run at will on him, will work as a sippy cup full of warm milk for you, then keep on drinking.

geez, guys. Even if you think he's wrong, there are certainly far less dickish ways to convey that.

Maybe, but the troll act is irritating. He only shows up when Lester has a bad game. The guy shows up to bitch about the dude with the lowest ERA by a starting pitcher in WS history being "completely useless in close playoff games" because a guy had a bad 7th inning on the road vs the Dodgers. Never mind that he just pitched 8 2/3 and gave up 1 measly fucking run in his start before that, or that he had blanked the Dodgers for 6 straight innings before some bad defense and BABIP luck torpedo'd him in the 7th. If you argue with him, he discounts things like having the lowest ERA by a starting pitcher in WS history as flukes to make his point. He's the definition of a troll and I'm sure he'll skulk around some more and ignore whatever good Lester does between now and his next non-quality start before popping up again.

I will admit I have an even shorter trigger than usual right now because I don't think I've more slept more than 3 hours a night since Thursday because there is no greater combination in hell than a 3 month old who appears to be teething early and college freshmen moving onto campus and discovering beer for the first time (then getting alcohol poisoning, necessitating a 1 AM phone call to my wife, the campus babysitter, two seconds after the kid had just fallen asleep). The troll got the short straw. I regret nothing.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #69 on: September 09, 2015, 08:58:45 AM »
Big start for Lester today. If he falters, and he might, because SPORTZ, I fully expect a diatribe from you know who in this thread today. And that, quite honestly, will piss me off more than an actual non-quality start and a loss.

There's a lot riding on this one. Come on, Jon.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #70 on: September 09, 2015, 09:04:41 AM »
Quote from: InternetApex on September 09, 2015, 08:58:45 AM
Big start for Lester today. If he falters, and he might, because SPORTZ, I fully expect a diatribe from you know who in this thread today. And that, quite honestly, will piss me off more than an actual non-quality start and a loss.

I thought after Mickey O'Pank cursed Lester with his pre-emptive Juju last time that we were done saying anything good about Lester until after he's done well or when we're yelling at CFIHP for being a chode.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #71 on: September 09, 2015, 09:09:34 AM »
Quote from: SKO on September 09, 2015, 09:04:41 AM

I thought after Mickey O'Pank cursed Lester with his pre-emptive Juju last time that we were done saying anything good about Lester until after he's done well or when we're yelling at CFIHP for being a chode.

That's if you believe in Jesus Christ. I believe in nothing.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #72 on: September 09, 2015, 09:10:13 AM »
Quote from: InternetApex on September 09, 2015, 09:09:34 AM

Except Yoervis Medina.

CubFaninHydePark

• President The Bull Moose Fan Club
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #73 on: September 09, 2015, 09:57:52 AM »
Quote from: SKO on September 09, 2015, 09:10:13 AM
Quote from: InternetApex on September 09, 2015, 09:09:34 AM

Except Yoervis Medina.

PANK'D
Those Cardinals aren't red, they're yellow.  Like the Spanish!

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #74 on: September 09, 2015, 10:06:18 AM »
I'm just glad they don't NEED a win, as Lester has proven largely disappointing as a stopper.

That said, he's done well most of the year but I don't know that we've seen a "nails" performance (i.e. 8 IP 1 or fewer runs) in several weeks now.

Today would be a great fucking day for that.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs