News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Jon Lester Jacking It Lefty Splooge Thread  ( 34,960 )

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Jon Lester Jacking It Lefty Splooge Thread
« Reply #105 on: September 16, 2015, 09:15:57 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on September 09, 2015, 10:06:18 AM
I'm just glad they don't NEED a win, as Lester has proven largely disappointing as a stopper.

That said, he's done well most of the year but I don't know that we've seen a "nails" performance (i.e. 8 IP 1 or fewer runs) in several weeks now.

Today would be a great fucking day for that.

A hearty congratulations to Jon Lester on his second Quality Potato Start* of the last 3 weeks.

*When Huey lines up 8 inning potatoes on the table with a total of one or less run bites taken out of them

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #106 on: September 16, 2015, 09:22:15 AM »
Quote from: R-V on September 16, 2015, 09:15:57 AM
I'm just glad they don't NEED a win, as Lester has proven largely disappointing as a stopper.

That said, he's done well most of the year but I don't know that we've seen a "nails" performance (i.e. 8 IP 1 or fewer runs) in several weeks now.

A hearty congratulations to Jon Lester on his second Quality Potato Start* of the last 3 weeks.

*When Huey lines up 8 inning potatoes on the table with a total of one or less run bites taken out of them

Nice stickpoke.

Now can you translate that into English?   

Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #107 on: September 16, 2015, 09:23:11 AM »

This is the first post in like 6 months that I didn't consider to be a hate read.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #108 on: September 16, 2015, 09:35:23 AM »
Quote from: CT III on September 16, 2015, 09:23:11 AM

This is the first post in like 6 months that I didn't consider to be a hate read.

Thanks for sharing.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #109 on: September 16, 2015, 09:36:23 AM »
I would like to add that yesterday was a more needed nails performance than last Wednesday's game.  It would have been nice to sweep the Cardinals last week (and Lester certainly did his part--Maddon just pulled him early) but yesterday also served as Jon's elusive STOPPER game that Arrieta has typically serviced.  Nice that they win a game to snap a 3 game losing streak and didn't continue to have to turn to Jake to stem the tide since his shoulders should be awfully sore by now from having done it pretty much all year. 

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #110 on: September 16, 2015, 09:40:22 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on September 16, 2015, 09:22:15 AM

Nice stickpoke.

Nuair línte Huey suas 8 prátaí inning ar an tábla le iomlán de bites reáchtáil amháin nó níos lú a tógadh amach acu

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #111 on: September 16, 2015, 10:28:15 AM »
Quote from: R-V on September 16, 2015, 09:40:22 AM

Nice stickpoke.

Nuair línte Huey suas 8 prátaí inning ar an tábla le iomlán de bites reáchtáil amháin nó níos lú a tógadh amach acu

*Inserts Babel fish into ear, realizes it won't work on something as primitive as Gaelic.*
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #112 on: September 16, 2015, 11:35:26 AM »
Quote from: flannj on September 16, 2015, 10:28:15 AM

Nice stickpoke.

*Inserts Babel fish into ear, realizes it won't work on something as primitive as Gaelic.*

Ha ha... wait, what?  HEY!
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #113 on: September 16, 2015, 12:04:50 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on September 16, 2015, 11:35:26 AM
Quote from: flannj on September 16, 2015, 10:28:15 AM

Nice stickpoke.

Ha ha... wait, what?  HEY!

At least no one is mocking your native creole of Aboriginal Australian and Flemish.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #114 on: September 16, 2015, 02:54:53 PM »
If my Facebook is any indication, pretty much all of the BFIB (Cardinals) and WFIB (White Sox) have come together united by the apparent FACT that Jon Lester's pickoff follies mean that he's worthless as a playoff pitcher because everyone will steal on him or whatever.  It's a "huge issue" or a "glaring issue" or something.  So, DOOM.
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #115 on: September 16, 2015, 03:19:11 PM »
Quote from: morpheus on September 16, 2015, 02:54:53 PM
If my Facebook is any indication, pretty much all of the BFIB (Cardinals) and WFIB (White Sox) have come together united by the apparent FACT that Jon Lester's pickoff follies mean that he's worthless as a playoff pitcher because everyone will steal on him or whatever.  It's a "huge issue" or a "glaring issue" or something.  So, DOOM.

If morph's post is any indication, he's got way too many idiot Sox and Cardinal fan friends.

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #116 on: September 16, 2015, 03:28:18 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on September 16, 2015, 03:19:11 PM

If morph's post is any indication, he's got way too many idiot Sox and Cardinal fan friends.

Well... yeah, I do.
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #117 on: September 16, 2015, 03:45:19 PM »
Quote from: morpheus on September 16, 2015, 03:28:18 PM
If my Facebook is any indication, pretty much all of the BFIB (Cardinals) and WFIB (White Sox) have come together united by the apparent FACT that Jon Lester's pickoff follies mean that he's worthless as a playoff pitcher because everyone will steal on him or whatever.  It's a "huge issue" or a "glaring issue" or something.  So, DOOM.

Well... yeah, I do.

But speaking of that, last night's successful pickoff has me wondering if that ONE TIME has now unlocked whatever it has been in Lester's brain that was blocking his ability to throw to first base.  It's not a huge issue--he allows so few baserunners vis-a-vis most major league pitchers to mitigate the effects of this idiosyncrasy--but there also have been enough cases of guys going from home to third on 3 pitches to make me a little anxious.  I wish he didn't have this "issue" but I'll live with it since he's otherwise pretty damn good.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #118 on: September 16, 2015, 05:54:24 PM »
Jon's just saving it all up for an epic walk-off pickoff of Matt Carpenter to end Game 7 of the NLCS which leads to a humiliated Carpenter's immediate retirement from the game of baseball followed by the rest of the Cardinals, one by one, 2014-2015 San Francisco 49ers Offseason style. The team is folded, St. Louis's economy crumbles, and the city is razed to the ground by its creditors and thoroughly destroyed by drone strikes personally authorized by President Obama under the official codename Enduring Darren Wilson live via satellite on the Busch Stadium jumbotron.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #119 on: September 16, 2015, 10:08:06 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on September 16, 2015, 03:45:19 PM
Quote from: morpheus on September 16, 2015, 03:28:18 PM
If my Facebook is any indication, pretty much all of the BFIB (Cardinals) and WFIB (White Sox) have come together united by the apparent FACT that Jon Lester's pickoff follies mean that he's worthless as a playoff pitcher because everyone will steal on him or whatever.  It's a "huge issue" or a "glaring issue" or something.  So, DOOM.

Well... yeah, I do.

But speaking of that, last night's successful pickoff has me wondering if that ONE TIME has now unlocked whatever it has been in Lester's brain that was blocking his ability to throw to first base.  It's not a huge issue--he allows so few baserunners vis-a-vis most major league pitchers to mitigate the effects of this idiosyncrasy--but there also have been enough cases of guys going from home to third on 3 pitches to make me a little anxious.  I wish he didn't have this "issue" but I'll live with it since he's otherwise pretty damn good.

What made that pickoff throw work was Lester deliberately trying to throw at Rizzo's feet.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)