News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Inside Out  ( 7,579 )

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Inside Out
« on: June 14, 2015, 12:37:58 PM »
Pixar time again.  And 29-29 in positive reviews so far. Next Saturday at the Glen. Who's with us?

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Inside Out
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2015, 03:25:07 PM »
The 9 YO girl's been bouncing off the walls to see this.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2015, 03:40:47 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on June 15, 2015, 03:25:07 PM
The 9 YO girl's been bouncing off the walls to see this.

Wonder if "Anger" will remind her of anyone.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2015, 08:18:28 PM »
I'm just glad I'm finally getting that Herman's Head movie I've been begging for.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2015, 08:30:18 AM »
Quote from: Bort on June 15, 2015, 08:18:28 PM
I'm just glad I'm finally getting that Herman's Head movie I've been begging for.

You know...the first time I saw the trailer, I thought the exact damn thing. Maybe the next Pixar movie will be based on "Down The Shore".
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2015, 04:28:27 PM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on June 17, 2015, 08:30:18 AM
Quote from: Bort on June 15, 2015, 08:18:28 PM

You know...the first time I saw the trailer, I thought the exact damn thing. Maybe the next Pixar movie will be based on "Down The Shore".

Not the best Pixar movie although that opinion may be in the minority in the flannj household.
That being said I did enjoy the hell out of it.
It might be a bit too intense for little ones.

The best part of the movie is how well Phyllis Smith fucking nailed it.

And old man flannj looked like an absolute spaz wearing 3D glasses over his bifocals.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2015, 04:55:48 PM »
Just took my son to see it. Good flick, a little slow in the middle but the conclusion - well let's say I'm glad it was dark and I had glasses on goddamn Pixar how do you do it.

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2015, 06:48:20 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on June 20, 2015, 04:55:48 PM
Just took my son to see it. Good flick, a little slow in the middle but the conclusion - well let's say I'm glad it was dark and I had glasses on goddamn Pixar how do you do it.

Ding!
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2015, 11:05:56 AM »
Ditto. And Phillys Smith deserves an Oscar nomination.

All that and some of the best laughs I've had in a long time. Mom Head. Dad Head. Dog Head. Cat Head!

It's no Nemo or Up, but it's upper tier Pixar.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2015, 09:47:17 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on June 21, 2015, 11:05:56 AM
Ditto. And Phillys Smith deserves an Oscar nomination.

All that and some of the best laughs I've had in a long time. Mom Head. Dad Head. Dog Head. Cat Head!

It's no Nemo or Up, but it's upper tier Pixar.

I think Up is overrated. The beginning sequence is lovely, of course, as is the overall message of the film. But the middle 2/3 of the movie is kind of boring.

It's still Pixar, so it's not a bad movie overall. Just not up there with Nemo or WALL-E.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2015, 08:24:15 AM »
Not one of you idiots has mentioned The Incredibles so you're all wrong.

I agree Up isn't that great (good, but not great) but I mean it starts off crushing your soul so strong it's hard to knock it too much. That amount of emotional devastation stays with you for a long time, and isn't that what we want from our kids movies?
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2015, 08:33:14 AM »
Quote from: SKO on June 22, 2015, 08:24:15 AM

I agree Up isn't that great (good, but not great) but I mean it starts off crushing your soul so strong it's hard to knock it too much. That amount of emotional devastation stays with you for a long time, and isn't that what we want from our kids movies?

That's my boy.
TIME TO POST!

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2015, 08:50:12 AM »

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2015, 09:55:12 AM »
Quote from: SKO on June 22, 2015, 08:24:15 AM

We just started talking about this, so calm down. I'd put it third or fourth. Probably third.

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2015, 10:18:14 AM »
Saw this over the weekend with the family  (to show the very low level of movie watching I do, it was my first 3D viewing).  Thought it was great (although apparently the theatre let a lot of cats and onions in in the last half hour or so).  Still stunned how good looking the movie was (dem 'puters have come a long way).
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.