News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Trainwreck  ( 7,952 )

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Trainwreck
« on: July 18, 2015, 02:55:43 PM »
Very, very funny. And who knew Bill Hader could do "not over the top"?

Fun stuff.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Trainwreck
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2015, 08:54:46 AM »
I really wanted to like this.

It was 45 minutes too long (I think it was a little over two hours).

A good portion of it -- the parts that focused on Schumer, Hader, Quinn, Birbigs and his weird kid -- were good and had some really funny stuff. Basically the first 30-45 minutes were very good. Then it completely implodes. Or maybe it jumps the rails?

The last half of it was SPORTZ cameos that ranged from unnecessary/irrelevant (Chris Evert, and Matthew Broderick?) to cringe-inducingly bad (LeBron and Marv Albert). The final scene in MSG was just unbelievably ... unbelievable.

LeBron should be banned from ever acting again. If he started gambling on basketball games, it would be the second worst thing he's done after his performance in Trainwreck. He could probably commit a double homicide that's a more forgivable offense.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2015, 10:59:50 AM »
Quote from: ChuckD on August 08, 2015, 08:54:46 AM

A good portion of it -- the parts that focused on Schumer, Hader, Quinn, Birbigs and his weird kid -- were good and had some really funny stuff. Basically the first 30-45 minutes were very good. Then it completely implodes. Or maybe it jumps the rails?

The last half of it was SPORTZ cameos that ranged from unnecessary/irrelevant (Chris Evert, and Matthew Broderick?) to cringe-inducingly bad (LeBron and Marv Albert). The final scene in MSG was just unbelievably ... unbelievable.

LeBron should be banned from ever acting again. If he started gambling on basketball games, it would be the second worst thing he's done after his performance in Trainwreck. He could probably commit a double homicide that's a more forgivable offense.

I don't see why you think that Matthew Broderick is irrelevant to sports, given his lengthy professional wrestling career.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2015, 11:17:15 PM »

Good thing he's not about to be the star of a Space Jam remake

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2015, 01:43:39 AM »

Every Judd Apatow movie is 45 minutes too long. At least.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16