News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2015-16 Chicago Blackhawks' Salary Capocalypse/Russian Invasion Thread  ( 10,444 )

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: 2015-16 Chicago Blackhawks' Salary Capocalypse/Russian Invasion Thread
« Reply #45 on: November 04, 2015, 12:39:47 PM »
I know the man has never seen a Facebook he didn't like, but I was creeped out yesterday when I kept seeing the "Accuser no longer cooperating" posts liked by Morph

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #46 on: November 10, 2015, 12:17:00 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on November 04, 2015, 12:39:47 PM
I know the man has never seen a Facebook he didn't like, but I was creeped out yesterday when I kept seeing the "Accuser no longer cooperating" posts liked by Morph

The ball-spiking by the dudebros has been a little sad, especially considering this is the third time on public record that a night of Kane drinking has ended with local law enforcement getting involved.

I think Morf was doing it more as a "I'm happy the best right winger in franchise history isn't going to jail" kind of way.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #47 on: December 15, 2015, 08:32:46 AM »
DPD.

Trevor Daley got traded to Pittsburgh for the rotting corpse of Rob Scuderi, who will make Michael Rozsival look like he has Duncan Keith speed.

On the bright side, the Hawks now have a couple mildo in Cap space, especially since the Pens ate 1/3 of Scuderi's deal.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #48 on: December 15, 2015, 09:24:00 AM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on December 15, 2015, 08:32:46 AM
DPD.

Trevor Daley got traded to Pittsburgh for the rotting corpse of Rob Scuderi, who will make Michael Rozsival look like he has Duncan Keith speed.

On the bright side, the Hawks now have a couple mildo in Cap space, especially since the Pens ate 1/3 of Scuderi's deal.

They should throw that money at Johnny Oduya!

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #49 on: January 04, 2016, 09:47:44 AM »
Quote from: CT III on December 15, 2015, 09:24:00 AM
DPD.

Basically trying to figure out what or how they maneuver to the trade deadline. Obviously they can cruise along at this pace and get into the playoffs but upgrading is going to be tricky. What the hell are they going to do with Andrew Shaw is the question I keep coming back to.

My heart says I hope to heck they aren't planning on re-signing him which means they can look to deal him, with picks, for a blueliner that can push some of the crap down in the pairings. My head says the Hawks love him and know the fans love him and will do whatever they need to do to keep him around.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #50 on: January 04, 2016, 10:28:42 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on January 04, 2016, 09:47:44 AM
Quote from: CT III on December 15, 2015, 09:24:00 AM
DPD.

Basically trying to figure out what or how they maneuver to the trade deadline. Obviously they can cruise along at this pace and get into the playoffs but upgrading is going to be tricky. What the hell are they going to do with Andrew Shaw is the question I keep coming back to.

My heart says I hope to heck they aren't planning on re-signing him which means they can look to deal him, with picks, for a blueliner that can push some of the crap down in the pairings. My head says the Hawks love him and know the fans love him and will do whatever they need to do to keep him around.

Q loves Shaw, so I think he's there until the day the Hawks pack up their shit for the summer. Then Stan will trade him to some team who will love giving him a 5/20 deal and they can think about Hartman or Schmaltz* taking that spot next season.

*I expect Bowman to throw a contract at Schmaltz the minute North Dakota is done for the year.
TIME TO POST!

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #51 on: January 12, 2016, 11:17:37 AM »
Q just extended through 2020. I positive this strenuously.
TIME TO POST!

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #52 on: January 14, 2016, 01:33:14 PM »
3xPD

Loon is now under 70 cents US. Kiss expansion and a big Cap bump for next season goodbye.
TIME TO POST!

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #53 on: January 15, 2016, 08:10:45 AM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on January 14, 2016, 01:33:14 PM
3xPD

Loon is now under 70 cents US. Kiss expansion and a big Cap bump for next season goodbye.

Fucking Canada. I hope Oleg enjoyed his cheap food up there this week.

He's not there yet but Corey Crawford is creeping into the Vezina conversation with each passing game. It's probably Holtby's to lose.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #54 on: January 15, 2016, 08:12:14 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on January 15, 2016, 08:10:45 AM
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on January 14, 2016, 01:33:14 PM
3xPD

Fucking Canada. I hope Oleg enjoyed his cheap food up there this week.

He's not there yet but Corey Crawford is creeping into the Vezina conversation with each passing game.

Putting on a circus act in Montreal certainly didn't hurt his chances.
TIME TO POST!

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
TIME TO POST!

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #57 on: February 05, 2016, 10:18:35 AM »
Non-Blackhawks Post:

Is it just me or do The Canadians this year remind anyone else of the Spurs when they lost Robinson early in the year and got the number 1 pick, drafted Duncan, and profited for the next 18 years or so?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #58 on: February 05, 2016, 10:44:57 AM »
Quote from: Oleg on February 05, 2016, 10:18:35 AM
Non-Blackhawks Post:

Is it just me or do The Canadians this year remind anyone else of the Spurs when they lost Robinson early in the year and got the number 1 pick, drafted Duncan, and profited for the next 18 years or so?

Auston Matthews is the projected #1 overall. I'd love to see the Quebecois freak the fuck out if the Habs get the #1 overall and pick an American.
TIME TO POST!

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #59 on: February 05, 2016, 11:01:56 AM »
Quote from: Oleg on February 05, 2016, 10:18:35 AM
Non-Blackhawks Post:

No, not really.