News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2015-16 Chicago Blackhawks' Salary Capocalypse/Russian Invasion Thread  ( 10,441 )

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: 2015-16 Chicago Blackhawks' Salary Capocalypse/Russian Invasion Thread
« Reply #60 on: February 05, 2016, 11:52:39 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on February 05, 2016, 11:01:56 AM
Quote from: Oleg on February 05, 2016, 10:18:35 AM
Non-Blackhawks Post:

Is it just me or do The Canadians this year remind anyone else of the Spurs when they lost Robinson early in the year and got the number 1 pick, drafted Duncan, and profited for the next 18 years or so?

No, not really.

You don't seen any parallels between Michel Therrien and Gregg Popovich?

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #61 on: February 05, 2016, 12:00:50 PM »
Non-Blackhawks Post:

Is it just me or do The Canadians this year remind anyone else of the Spurs when they lost Robinson early in the year and got the number 1 pick, drafted Duncan, and profited for the next 18 years or so?

The Spurs were a lot taller. And blacker. And in a different country. And they played a different sport.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #62 on: February 05, 2016, 12:28:22 PM »
Quote from: ChuckD on February 05, 2016, 12:00:50 PM
Non-Blackhawks Post:

The Spurs were a lot taller. And blacker. And in a different country. And they played a different sport.

...their star goalie is First Nations too...your move, NBA.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #63 on: February 27, 2016, 08:32:29 AM »
DPD.

Andrew Ladd, Dale Weise and Tomas Fleischmann, come on down!

The Hawks now have one helluva group of forwards. If they can either somehow snag a DMan or magically find 2011 Ehrhoff hiding inside the 2016 one, mark it 4 in 7.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #64 on: April 24, 2016, 08:01:51 AM »
Even if they lose tomorrow they will have already proven what I've bee saying about this.  Fucking.  Team since 2011 -- they deserve the benefit of the doubt, they're the most feared team  in the NHL year after year, and even if a team does take them out it will take everything out of them to do so as the Hawks will not go down easily (unlike a certain football team from a certain city that got pantsed at home at a certain lakefront stadium year after year in the 1980's) and it is simply a goddamn privilege to have watched this show for over 8 years now.  When they were down 3-1 in this series I honestly thought to myself, "well now it's going to get good".  That was honestly my feeling.  I mean, I was concerned, naturally but I had 7 years to draw on to make me feel good. That's how much faith and confidence I have in this team.  They've earned it.

Honestly I don't know why anybody who is a Hawks fan even bothers with the Hot Takery of declaring, "Oh well this is the year I don't see them advancing" or "This is not their year".  Why bother?  If you're a fan of this team and doubt them, then FUCK YOU, because they have only proven, time after time, that they're a once-in-generation dynastic group.  To actually have watched them finish the job three times in 6 seasons would be proof alone that they've earned the benefit of the doubt but even their losses have been valiant--of their 3 playoff exits since Cup #1 TWO were Game 7 OT losses.  Even the third exit-- the 2012 Phoenix series which on the surface would appear to be the only truly disappointing finish--required 5 straight OT games and basically came down to a white-hot goalie in Mike Smith facing off against a Hawks goalie in Crawford who would have his only true poor playoff performance (aside from Nashville in Round 1 last year I guess).

This series well could have been the Hawk's meekest exit during their run--at any moment the season could've ended for them Thursday night in OT.  But guess what?  It didn't and nobody should be truly surprised and if you're a Hawks fan who has watched them during this 8 year run and wrote them off in this series then you should simply not be allowed to watch any further and derive any further enjoyment from this special group.  A fucking privilege I say.

Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #65 on: April 24, 2016, 09:49:28 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on April 24, 2016, 08:01:51 AM
Even if they lose tomorrow they will have already proven what I've bee saying about this.  Fucking.  Team since 2011 -- they deserve the benefit of the doubt, they're the most feared team  in the NHL year after year, and even if a team does take them out it will take everything out of them to do so as the Hawks will not go down easily (unlike a certain football team from a certain city that got pantsed at home at a certain lakefront stadium year after year in the 1980's) and it is simply a goddamn privilege to have watched this show for over 8 years now.  When they were down 3-1 in this series I honestly thought to myself, "well now it's going to get good".  That was honestly my feeling.  I mean, I was concerned, naturally but I had 7 years to draw on to make me feel good. That's how much faith and confidence I have in this team.  They've earned it.

Honestly I don't know why anybody who is a Hawks fan even bothers with the Hot Takery of declaring, "Oh well this is the year I don't see them advancing" or "This is not their year".  Why bother?  If you're a fan of this team and doubt them, then FUCK YOU, because they have only proven, time after time, that they're a once-in-generation dynastic group.  To actually have watched them finish the job three times in 6 seasons would be proof alone that they've earned the benefit of the doubt but even their losses have been valiant--of their 3 playoff exits since Cup #1 TWO were Game 7 OT losses.  Even the third exit-- the 2012 Phoenix series which on the surface would appear to be the only truly disappointing finish--required 5 straight OT games and basically came down to a white-hot goalie in Mike Smith facing off against a Hawks goalie in Crawford who would have his only true poor playoff performance (aside from Nashville in Round 1 last year I guess).

This series well could have been the Hawk's meekest exit during their run--at any moment the season could've ended for them Thursday night in OT.  But guess what?  It didn't and nobody should be truly surprised and if you're a Hawks fan who has watched them during this 8 year run and wrote them off in this series then you should simply not be allowed to watch any further and derive any further enjoyment from this special group.  A fucking privilege I say.

The fact that the Hawks have 4 hall-of-famers in the Salary Cap Era means they will always contend, because teams can't afford that kind of talent, especially since the Keith and Hossa contracts wouldn't be allowed now.

And playing the Blues in the first round is never a bad thing.
TIME TO POST!

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #66 on: April 25, 2016, 11:31:09 PM »

I'm gonna e-mail this whole thing to your dad.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #67 on: April 25, 2016, 11:59:28 PM »
Fuck St. Louis forever.

/thread
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #68 on: April 26, 2016, 05:51:04 AM »
Quote from: CT III on April 25, 2016, 11:31:09 PM

I'm gonna e-mail this whole thing to your dad.

Last night's outcome didn't matter (unless they were to lose, say, 5-0).

I stand by what I said.  Every last damn word.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #69 on: April 26, 2016, 08:18:59 AM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on February 27, 2016, 08:32:29 AM
DPD.

The Hawks now have one helluva group of forwards. If they can either somehow snag a DMan or magically find 2011 Ehrhoff hiding inside the 2016 one, mark it 4 in 7.

Thanks fork.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #70 on: April 26, 2016, 08:37:42 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on April 26, 2016, 08:18:59 AM
DPD.

Thanks fork.

I think the only thing that keeps Teuvo in Chicago next year is his small price tag.
TIME TO POST!

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #71 on: April 26, 2016, 10:08:19 AM »
DPD.

Thanks fork.

I had completely forgoten about Ehrhoff until this very second.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #72 on: April 26, 2016, 10:46:01 AM »
Quote from: Oleg on April 26, 2016, 10:08:19 AM
DPD.

Thanks fork.

Well, the good news is, we've still got one more year of Rundblad!

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #73 on: April 26, 2016, 10:50:23 AM »
Quote from: CT III on April 26, 2016, 10:46:01 AM
DPD.

Thanks fork.

The piece of shit Canadian dollar and some extremely bad paper in Bickell, and carried over cap hits from Scuderi (and any other bums I might be forgetting) really hurts how this team is going to look next year.

Shaw can't possibly fit in. If you bitch about Panarin's bonus you're a fucking moron. He earned it by having a great year - can't really be mad about that.

I have no fucking idea how they fix anything that was broken other than rest for the guys who haven't had any in years.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #74 on: April 26, 2016, 11:32:00 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on April 26, 2016, 10:50:23 AM
Quote from: CT III on April 26, 2016, 10:46:01 AM
DPD.

Thanks fork.

The piece of shit Canadian dollar and some extremely bad paper in Bickell, and carried over cap hits from Scuderi (and any other bums I might be forgetting) really hurts how this team is going to look next year.

Shaw can't possibly fit in. If you bitch about Panarin's bonus you're a fucking moron. He earned it by having a great year - can't really be mad about that.

I have no fucking idea how they fix anything that was broken other than rest for the guys who haven't had any in years.

Bickell only has a year left right?
Is it time to worry about Hossa's cap hit getting a bit underwater?  He's probably a year or two away from being Prongered, right?

I guess the hope is that Pokka and McNeil and Hartman and whatever other kids they have down there can outplay their cap hits.