News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Wet Hot American Summer: First Day of Camp.  ( 2,222 )

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Wet Hot American Summer: First Day of Camp.
« on: August 20, 2015, 02:24:02 PM »
So, Netflix made this into a series, with much of the original cast from the film.  The film that I wasn't aware of until after I finished watching the series.  The series was moderately amusing, but might have been better had I not been oblivious to what it was sending up.  I mean, I could see it was sending something up, I'm not a complete fucking idiot*, I just thought it was that kind of movie in general, rather than something very specific.  Bearing in mind how many of the cast have gone on to do other things that I have watched, I have no idea how this is possible.

Anyway, it is not awful.  Especially if you watched the film all those years ago.

*Fuck you, no I'm not.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Wet Hot American Summer: First Day of Camp.
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2015, 02:43:27 PM »
I'm liking it ok as a parody of prequels that have to explain everything, but the movie is an all time classic.

Also, lord knows I've put on some elbees since 2001, but Michael Showalter looks like he just ate 2 other Michael Showalters and a rack of ribs.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2015, 06:17:36 PM »
Quote from: Bort on August 20, 2015, 02:43:27 PM
I'm liking it ok as a parody of prequels that have to explain everything, but the movie is an all time classic.

Also, lord knows I've put on some elbees since 2001, but Michael Showalter looks like he just ate 2 other Michael Showalters and a rack of ribs.

I kind of wondered if he gained that much weight on purpose, because it's such a hilarious contrast from what he looked like in the original movie.
M'lady.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2015, 06:24:50 PM »
Quote from: Canadouche on August 20, 2015, 06:17:36 PM
Quote from: Bort on August 20, 2015, 02:43:27 PM

I kind of wondered if he gained that much weight on purpose, because it's such a hilarious contrast from what he looked like in the original movie.

I spent most of the first couple of episodes trying to figure out if it was a really well made fat suit.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck