News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Good Dinosaur  ( 3,070 )

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
The Good Dinosaur
« on: November 30, 2015, 01:08:34 PM »
Not a good movie.

I've never seen Monsters University, but this one goes with Cars 2 in the worst Pixar movie category.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The Good Dinosaur
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2015, 01:44:28 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on November 30, 2015, 01:08:34 PM
Not a good movie.

I've never seen Monsters University, but this one goes with Cars 2 in the worst Pixar movie category.

Already planned to skip it.  Yes.  Me.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2016, 12:28:10 PM »
Not a good movie.

It was one of the most realistic animated movies I've ever seen, then they plop a green cartoon dinosaur with no real notable texture to him and he has a standard Pixar adventure. It's like they made the most beautiful computer generated movie ever and made the main character look like Gumby. Overall, though, I liked it because I'm a big homer for Pixar.

Also, Pen, Monsters University was fairly entertaining. Not like the original, but it was still a solid little movie. Really good animated worlds in it, too.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2016, 12:29:35 PM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on January 08, 2016, 12:28:10 PM
Not a good movie.

It was one of the most realistic animated movies I've ever seen, then they plop a green cartoon dinosaur with no real notable texture to him and he has a standard Pixar adventure. It's like they made the most beautiful computer generated movie ever and made the main character look like Gumby. Overall, though, I liked it because I'm a big homer for Pixar.

Also, Pen, Monsters University was fairly entertaining. Not like the original, but it was still a solid little movie. Really good animated worlds in it, too.

I'll give you that it was visually stunning for sure, but the plot was dumb. I couldn't have cared any less about the characters and the entire story arc was weak. 

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2016, 12:49:58 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on January 08, 2016, 12:29:35 PM
Not a good movie.

I'll give you that it was visually stunning for sure, but the plot was dumb. I couldn't have cared any less about the characters and the entire story arc was weak. 

I was actually debating taking James to this instead of Star Wars because I wasn't sure if he could sit through a PG-13 movie. I'm glad I trusted my instinct to take him to Star Wars. This movie looked prettty bland based on the trailer.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2016, 01:10:28 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on January 08, 2016, 12:49:58 PM
Not a good movie.

I was actually debating taking James to this instead of Star Wars because I wasn't sure if he could sit through a PG-13 movie. I'm glad I trusted my instinct to take him to Star Wars. This movie looked prettty bland based on the trailer.

I've heard from a few people that Star Wars is okay for younger kids but that the previews are a bit dicey. 

True?

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2016, 01:24:46 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on January 08, 2016, 01:10:28 PM
Not a good movie.

I've heard from a few people that Star Wars is okay for younger kids but that the previews are a bit dicey. 

True?

This was my wife's opinion (I haven't seen it yet)

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2016, 01:51:38 PM »
Not a good movie.

True?

I don't know shit about anybody's kids but I know I was like 2 when I first saw "A New Hope" and about 4 for "Empire". Were you older? It's the same damn movie. When I saw TFA there was a very small child in the theater that kept talking and identifying characters and seemed to love it. Kid couldn't have been more than 4. It didn't really bother me that they had to keep shushing the kid because he/she seemed to be so enthused.

You know your kids and you know Star Wars, so it's on you.

Also... my parents left me alone to watch all the Cinemax I could manage before I was old enough to properly grip myself. I always wonder what I would do in your situation, but I default to let them see whatever they want and be sure to talk to them about everything they have questions about.

/child rearing advice from childless friend
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2016, 02:20:36 PM »
Not a good movie.

True?

I think that's accurate. Decent amount of violence in the previews.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2016, 02:39:12 PM »
Quote from: InternetApex on January 08, 2016, 01:51:38 PM
Not a good movie.

True?

I don't know shit about anybody's kids but I know I was like 2 when I first saw "A New Hope" and about 4 for "Empire". Were you older? It's the same damn movie. When I saw TFA there was a very small child in the theater that kept talking and identifying characters and seemed to love it. Kid couldn't have been more than 4. It didn't really bother me that they had to keep shushing the kid because he/she seemed to be so enthused.

Also... my parents left me alone to watch all the Cinemax I could manage before I was old enough to properly grip myself. I always wonder what I would do in your situation, but I default to let them see whatever they want and be sure to talk to them about everything they have questions about.

Thanks?  Also, I think Pen's point was that the movie itself is fine (assuming you know what you're getting with Star Wars) but that some of the previews weren't great for younger kids.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2016, 02:43:10 PM »
Quote from: CT III on January 08, 2016, 02:39:12 PM
Not a good movie.

True?

Thanks?  Also, I think Pen's point was that the movie itself is fine (assuming you know what you're getting with Star Wars) but that some of the previews weren't great for younger kids.

You mean the previews they play before the film? Oh.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2016, 03:35:34 PM »
Quote from: InternetApex on January 08, 2016, 02:43:10 PM
Quote from: CT III on January 08, 2016, 02:39:12 PM
Not a good movie.

True?

You mean the previews they play before the film? Oh.

It's OK. I still enjoyed your story.

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2016, 03:52:12 PM »
Yeah, there are a few thriller-type movies coming out that our previewed before Star Wars. Maybe get into the theater, take your kid for some popcorn and time it to miss the previews.
M'lady.

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2016, 08:15:49 PM »
I don't know how old Slak's kid is (Judging by Facebook photos he's somewhere between 2 and 8. I'm not good with ages.) but my 6 year old nephew loved Star Wars. As soon as we got home he found the light saber I got him last year, that he didn't give a shit about then, and starting swinging it around at me and his sister and the dog and anything within reach. So I'd say it was probably OK for him to see it.

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2016, 07:14:25 AM »
I think any kid of any age might like Star Wars, but they probably have to be at least 7 or 8 to really get Star Wars.
M'lady.