News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Office  ( 309,908 )

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The Office
« Reply #1650 on: April 30, 2010, 11:32:16 AM »
Quote from: Kermit IV on April 30, 2010, 10:56:09 AM
I know I'm late to this party, but this episode is finally the one for me when Pam and Jim went from tolerable to unbearably irritating.

1) Pam really needs to be a receptionist again.
2) Gabe is no David Wallace.
3) More Darryl please.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1651 on: April 30, 2010, 11:42:13 AM »
I know I'm late to this party, but this episode is finally the one for me when Pam and Jim went from tolerable to unbearably irritating.

I still find Jim's reactions to the camera completely funny, even though he does it in every episode.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

Kermit IV

• Still missing Daryle Ward.
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #1652 on: April 30, 2010, 01:22:04 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on April 30, 2010, 11:32:16 AM

3) More Darryl please.

He's definitely no David, but I actually enjoy him.  When he said the executive program had gotten "too black" and then immediately regretted his wording, I chuckled.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1653 on: April 30, 2010, 02:19:18 PM »
Quote from: Kermit IV on April 30, 2010, 01:22:04 PM

3) More Darryl please.

He's definitely no David, but I actually enjoy him.  When he said the executive program had gotten "too black" and then immediately regretted his wording, I chuckled.

He's fairly useful. Good face for comedy.

I miss David.

Pam is utterly useless. Maybe she can haplessly stumble upon our blazing FIREBARN of hatred and get killed.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1654 on: April 30, 2010, 02:42:40 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on April 30, 2010, 02:19:18 PM
Quote from: Kermit IV on April 30, 2010, 01:22:04 PM

3) More Darryl please.

He's fairly useful. Good face for comedy.

I miss David.

Pam is utterly useless. Maybe she can haplessly stumble upon our blazing FIREBARN of hatred and get killed.

Lemme just sex her first

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1655 on: May 03, 2010, 10:47:37 AM »
I enjoyed this past week's episode (I'm late to the Thursday night TV party).  Looking forward to learning that Chinese-German hybrid that Dwight spoke of.

Also, I agree with everyone else that Pam is useless.  Any time she attempts to be funny, it fails.  That old-timey voice thing she was doing in the episode was Aaron Miles Terrible.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1656 on: May 03, 2010, 12:18:40 PM »
I was reading the AV Club's comments on this season (the last episode specifically) and someone mentioned that this season is approaching Season 2 greatness.  I personally think that this person is retarded.  Aside from a few episodes this season, I don't think it has been tremendously remarkable, like 2 was. 

Thoughts?
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1657 on: May 03, 2010, 12:23:28 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on May 03, 2010, 12:18:40 PM
I was reading the AV Club's comments on this season (the last episode specifically) and someone mentioned that this season is approaching Season 2 greatness.  I personally think that this person is retarded.  Aside from a few episodes this season, I don't think it has been tremendously remarkable, like 2 was. 

Thoughts?

Not enough Creed.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1658 on: May 03, 2010, 12:26:47 PM »
I'm also wondering if this show will continue once Carell is done after next season.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1659 on: May 03, 2010, 12:28:07 PM »

Thoughts?

It's been a lot funnier than the last few because they haven't focused every episode on some retarded, season-long story arc, but it's definitely nowhere near season 2.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1660 on: May 03, 2010, 01:06:23 PM »

Thoughts?

I still love the show, but more in a comfortable-old-friend sort of way.  This season has been about as good as the last 2-3 seasons, in my mind.  Maybe a bit stronger than last season, on the whole.

Regarding your original question, I really don't think Season 2 isn't going to be topped.  That's some of the best television ever made.  Look at the episode list -- hardly a single weak one in the entire group:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Office_%28U.S._TV_series%29_season_2#Episodes

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1661 on: May 06, 2010, 08:35:41 PM »
I've done more for less
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1662 on: May 07, 2010, 08:02:44 PM »
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on May 06, 2010, 08:35:41 PM
I've done more for less

Finally. More Creed.

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1663 on: May 08, 2010, 03:44:25 PM »

3) More Darrylnell please.

Creed'd.

I generally agree with the criticisms.  The show's not having me split my sides anymore, but I wouldn't call it awful.  It's still good for a few solid laughs even if it's not currently wire-to-wire hilarious.

In no paricular order, my three favorite characters are Darryl, Creed and Oscar but each of the characters has his/her moments.  I liked how Phyllis basically admitted she's screwed around with some of Bob's employees and Meredith suggeted she likes to do 2 guys at once in the hot tub.  Both of these elicited an "ewww" from me.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1664 on: May 08, 2010, 03:49:10 PM »
This week's show was pretty good. Felt like a classic Office episode. They're in the Office the whole time, Michael says all kinds of retarded things, etc.

What's the season ending cliffhanger gonna be?