News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: How's this for a tits-out day?  ( 18,552 )

Old Style Man

• Hank White Fan Club
Re: How's this for a tits-out day?
« Reply #45 on: September 11, 2007, 04:53:42 PM »
Quote from: ~Apex on September 11, 2007, 12:59:24 PM
Quote from: Down In Front on September 11, 2007, 12:32:19 PM
A picture of Apex' bloody knuckles would go well with this.

So would this: http://www.printroom.com/ViewGalleryPhoto.asp?userid=cubsfanfoto&gallery_id=835128&image_id=2

Nice. Were you guys in Section 206? I was in 205 row 6. A job well done with the HGH chants. I should have known you guys were Desipiots.

Down In Front

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #46 on: September 11, 2007, 04:55:46 PM »
Quote from: Old Style Man on September 11, 2007, 04:53:42 PM

So would this: http://www.printroom.com/ViewGalleryPhoto.asp?userid=cubsfanfoto&gallery_id=835128&image_id=2

Nice. Were you guys in Section 206? I was in 205 row 6. A job well done with the HGH chants. I should have known you guys were Desipiots.

204.  Row 6.  So, apparently, exactly one section to your left.
8/8/07:

Dawn of the NEW Positive

Old Style Man

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #47 on: September 11, 2007, 04:59:45 PM »
Quote from: Down In Front on September 11, 2007, 04:55:46 PM

Oh yeah. My other left. You guys were pretty damn loud. Fuck the Cardinals.

Kwyjibo

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #48 on: September 11, 2007, 05:30:30 PM »
Quote from: Old Style Man on September 11, 2007, 04:59:45 PM
Quote from: Down In Front on September 11, 2007, 04:55:46 PM

Oh yeah. My other left. You guys were pretty damn loud. Fuck the Cardinals.

Too bad we didn't know. 5 Desipiots rock 25% harder than 4 do.
+=

Corn-fed

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #49 on: September 11, 2007, 06:41:32 PM »
Quote from: Down In Front on September 11, 2007, 02:58:49 PM
Quote from: Corn-fed on September 11, 2007, 02:53:24 PM
Cody's at Paulina and Barry?

Quality joint.

Indeed it is.  Since 1996, I guarantee that I've drank more beer at Cody's than any other bar in Chicago by at least a 3:1 ratio.  We hold our annual Fantasy Football auction in their beer garden Labor Day Weekend, and Geno has sponsored our softball team since '03.  I also played on a  darts team that played out of Codys in January 1999.  I used to say that it was the finest beer garden in Chicago.  The deck's gotten a bit worn, but it's still pretty tits-out that you can play bocce ball and outdoor darts.

Cody's = Steak Sauce.  Ogden.

Quote from: bozos72 on September 11, 2007, 03:52:32 PM
I'll be there tonight after my softball game.

We play in a summer league.  There's another team that Geno sponsors who got a fall league team together that I'm playing with.

I'm with Mike...the place is balls-out.  They even treat Brooklynites with class, don't they, Fork?  And that juke box?!?!?!?!   I love the place.

I've got some friends that live half a block away and they're unreserved Cody's boosters. I've always written off their enthusiasm as due primarily to convenience, but I'll have to stop giving them shit for this now that I know it's Desipiot Approved(tm).

The beer garden/playland is sweet, they've got an impressive beer selection for a neighborhood joint and the place is ogden-friendly, which is nice.

Tits-out? Balls-out? Yeah. I guess I'd have to agree.

One night after our locals bitched out early, another friend and I crawled from Cody's over to Millie's, a somewhat less friendly neighborhood dive. I got hassled there by a regular who decided he didn't care for the fact that I was wearing a tie. It felt like it was about 50/50 that this guy was gonna try to throw down over the issue, but dude settled down after a long pee and left us to enjoy our High Lifes in peace.

Still, if I'm looking for a dive in the area, I think I'll stick to Johnny's. For the atmosphere. And there's a jukebox you can set your watch to. (Anybody like Donna Summer?)

Simmer

• Play Ball
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #50 on: September 11, 2007, 06:49:25 PM »
Shit yo, you folks know how to make a fella jealous!  I woulda taken up the offer if I was able to walk (regained that ability 2 days ago, re-lost it today, D'oh!).  The better man went, though.  But, shit, I so would have headbutted that picture instead of the knuckle-crackin' job it received.  Still, hats off to you gentlemen. 

Did some backreading and saw a bunch of panty-bunching.  Glad to see you guys are starting to sack up now.  Spares you guys my bitchin' ass rant that would have included a picture of Depends.  GO CUBS.

ALSO, GO DESIPIO FOOTBALL-ONLY SECTION, PLEASE!  PLEASE!  We got an underpopulated basketball section, but no football -- what up with that!  Yeah yeah, I know, Shut Up Simmer, You Are A Douche.  But, please!
2010 Chicago Cubs
75-87

Down In Front

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #51 on: September 11, 2007, 09:14:50 PM »
Quote from: Corn-fed on September 11, 2007, 06:41:32 PM
One night after our locals bitched out early, another friend and I crawled from Cody's over to Millie's, a somewhat less friendly neighborhood dive. I got hassled there by a regular who decided he didn't care for the fact that I was wearing a tie. It felt like it was about 50/50 that this guy was gonna try to throw down over the issue, but dude settled down after a long pee and left us to enjoy our High Lifes in peace.

That"s great Millies story.  Is it still there?

I lived right by Hamlin Park (On Hamilton, between Barry and Wellington) from August of '96 through January 2002--the longest stretch I've ever been in one place in 11+ years in the city--and I never once mustered up enough curiosity to drop in to Millies for a beer.  Reading your account, I can see that my instincts were a good one.
8/8/07:

Dawn of the NEW Positive

Corn-fed

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #52 on: September 12, 2007, 12:25:04 AM »
Quote from: Down In Front on September 11, 2007, 09:14:50 PM
Quote from: Corn-fed on September 11, 2007, 06:41:32 PM

That"s great Millies story.  Is it still there?

I lived right by Hamlin Park (On Hamilton, between Barry and Wellington) from August of '96 through January 2002--the longest stretch I've ever been in one place in 11+ years in the city--and I never once mustered up enough curiosity to drop in to Millies for a beer.  Reading your account, I can see that my instincts were a good one.

This was just last winter (January, IIRC).

So, yeah: very much still there.

It definitely seemed like a stronger "regulars" scene there than I think I've witnessed anywhere since those childhood luches with my dad at his regular watering holes in the 'burbs (UBAA and Grandpa's, if you really wanted to know).

A distinctly old school atmosphere. We felt eyes on us the moment we walked in.

No great shakes, though, really...

Spy shot from our seats against the back wall. Would've made for a tough path to the exit, had this drunk gotten belligerent enough.

Kwyjibo

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #53 on: September 12, 2007, 07:05:53 AM »
Quote from: bozos72 on September 11, 2007, 01:17:29 PM
Have we recruited Apex for the Cody's softball team, yet?

We need a brotha on the team...you know, to play during the games when the sun is still out.

Quality joint.

We play in a summer league.  There's another team that Geno sponsors who got a fall league team together that I'm playing with.

I'm with Mike...the place is balls-out.  They even treat Brooklynites with class, don't they, Fork?  And that juke box?!?!?!?!   I love the place.

Like they have a cherse, er, choice...great place. Excellent food - they have an extensive array of take-out menus.
+=

Down In Front

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #54 on: September 12, 2007, 08:34:26 AM »
Quote from: Kwyjibo on September 12, 2007, 07:05:53 AM

We need a brotha on the team...you know, to play during the games when the sun is still out.

Quality joint.

Like they have a cherse, er, choice...great place. Excellent food - they have an extensive array of take-out menus.

Art of Pizza (see:  Feedbag) is one block away, so you actually get some decent thin crust quickly.
8/8/07:

Dawn of the NEW Positive

bozos72

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #55 on: September 12, 2007, 08:48:38 AM »
Quote from: Down In Front on September 12, 2007, 08:34:26 AM

Quality joint.

Art of Pizza (see:  Feedbag) is one block away, so you actually get some decent thin crust quickly.

Still not fast enough for Fork.

Moe: This deep fryer can flash fry a buffalo in 30 seconds.
Homer: Oh, but I want it now!
Validated Kermit, 6/11/2007

Kwyjibo

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #56 on: September 12, 2007, 08:50:26 AM »
Quote from: bozos72 on September 12, 2007, 08:48:38 AM

Quality joint.

Hummus can only hold a man for so long.
+=

CT II

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #57 on: September 12, 2007, 09:27:47 AM »
Quote from: Kwyjibo on September 12, 2007, 08:50:26 AM
Quote from: bozos72 on September 12, 2007, 08:48:38 AM

Quality joint.

Hummus can only hold a man for so long.

Obviously, you didn't go to the Taste this year.  That hummus lingered for weeks.
I don't get this KurtEvans Photoshop at all

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #58 on: September 12, 2007, 10:47:45 AM »

Quality joint.

That crust no longer has any meaning for me. I'll never taste another slice of thin crust as long as I live unless it's bought in a box and popped in my oven at home for 99 cents. Now that I can get stuffed pizzas any fuckin' time I want, that's all I want ever. Slaky and I had a couple slice of hand tossed the other day that were palatable, but we were pretty drunk and would have eaten shoe sole if it had enough parmesan on it.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Corn-fed

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #59 on: September 12, 2007, 11:08:33 AM »

Quality joint.

I had an Art of Pizza stuffed pie for the first time this past weekend while dogsitting for my friends on Barry. As gooey as billed, and ready for pickup in 30.

They may not be open late enough for optimal bar hour enjoyment, though. The Chicago's on Lincoln just north of Barry will be.

It should also be noted that the Wicker Park/Humbolt Park tamale guy makes it up to Cody's quite regularly, too.