News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Morning in America: Butthurt Achieved  ( 94,904 )

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Morning in America: Butthurt Achieved
« Reply #660 on: November 18, 2013, 04:41:40 PM »
Quote from: BBM on November 18, 2013, 04:09:30 PM
Quote from: Bort on November 12, 2013, 10:47:16 PM
Quote from: CBStew on November 12, 2013, 04:11:13 PM
What was muddled about the script of "Chinatown"?  Or was that a racist comment?

Nothing. Cohen is dumber than a roomful of Farnsworths.

WERNSTROM!

Validated.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #661 on: November 18, 2013, 09:20:41 PM »
Quote from: Bort on November 18, 2013, 04:41:40 PM
Quote from: BBM on November 18, 2013, 04:09:30 PM
Quote from: Bort on November 12, 2013, 10:47:16 PM
Quote from: CBStew on November 12, 2013, 04:11:13 PM
What was muddled about the script of "Chinatown"?  Or was that a racist comment?

Nothing. Cohen is dumber than a roomful of Farnsworths.

WERNSTROM!

Validated.

I too would like to validate this.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #662 on: November 19, 2013, 05:31:28 PM »
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #663 on: November 19, 2013, 06:50:01 PM »

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #664 on: November 21, 2013, 12:26:52 PM »
Hiroshima Harry destroys America once and for all:

QuoteA majority of Democrats voted on Thursday to modify the Senate's rules on filibusters for the first time since 1975. From now on, judicial nominees to federal courts can be confirmed by a simple majority vote. So can the president's executive-branch nominations.

It's not a complete repeal of the filibuster: Supreme Court nominees can still be blocked by 41 senators, as can all legislation. But even this smaller rule change — a move known as the "nuclear option" — is a big break with precedent.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #665 on: November 21, 2013, 01:17:24 PM »
Quote from: R-V on November 21, 2013, 12:26:52 PM
Hiroshima Harry destroys America once and for all:

QuoteA majority of Democrats voted on Thursday to modify the Senate's rules on filibusters for the first time since 1975. From now on, judicial nominees to federal courts can be confirmed by a simple majority vote. So can the president's executive-branch nominations.

It's not a complete repeal of the filibuster: Supreme Court nominees can still be blocked by 41 senators, as can all legislation. But even this smaller rule change — a move known as the "nuclear option" — is a big break with precedent.

This was a bad idea when the GOP proposed it, and it's still a bad idea.

Easiest way to reform filibustering is to force people to go all "Mr. Smith". Nobody in the Senate wants to work that hard for anything*

*Except Ted Cruz, who worked that hard for nothing.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #666 on: January 22, 2014, 05:11:14 PM »
Wheezer to the white courtesy telephone...

QuoteRep. Mike Simpson is a 15-year veteran of Congress and a close ally of Speaker John Boehner. But as the Idaho Republican fends off a stiff tea-party challenge in 2014, the fact that he's a dentist may prove to be just as important.

The influential dental lobby is expected to go all out this year to protect Simpson, one of only two dentists on Capitol Hill. His primary is still five months away, but the dentists' independent campaign arm has already dropped $22,000 in mailers and spent another $20,000 last week dialing up Idaho voters to gauge the dynamics on the ground.

When the other lone dentist in Congress, Rep. Paul Gosar, R-Ariz., first won his seat in 2010, nearly 600 dentists contributed a total of $265,000 to his campaign. Dentists accounted for more than 40 percent of Gosar's total haul and more than half his donors.

"People actually in my first primary said, 'You get a lot of your money from dentists,' " Gosar said. "And I said, 'I'm not running from it. I'm proud to be a dentist.' "

Then, when Gosar faced a tea-party challenger in 2012 backed by the Club for Growth, the independent-expenditure arm of the dental lobby sprung into action, pouring $150,000 into his race. Dentists nationwide injected another $210,000 directly into his coffers. All told, dentists from 47 states and the District of Columbia have invested in Gosar in the past four years.

"I'm one of the dentists' dentists. I came up being involved in grassroots dentistry," said Gosar, who also served on the ADA's government-affairs council. "Mike might have a little harder time with [raising dental money] because he just didn't do all the steps that I did."

Barney Keller, a spokesman for the Club for Growth, said his organization is ready to take on the chamber, the dentists, and anyone else. The club spent nearly $600,000 in its unsuccessful bid to oust Gosar in 2012—almost as much as Gosar himself raised.

"I think that once you drill down on Mike Simpson's atrocious liberal record, you'll find lots of morsels, such as his votes for TARP, for repeated tax increases, and to increase the size and scope of government," Keller said. "We're sure that special-interest groups that favor big government will fight tooth and nail to keep Mike Simpson, but they should brace for impact, as you can expect us to be forceful."
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #667 on: January 22, 2014, 05:57:10 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on January 22, 2014, 05:11:14 PM
Wheezer to the white courtesy telephone...

QuoteRep. Mike Simpson is a 15-year veteran of Congress and a close ally of Speaker John Boehner. But as the Idaho Republican fends off a stiff tea-party challenge in 2014, the fact that he's a dentist may prove to be just as important.

The influential dental lobby is expected to go all out this year to protect Simpson, one of only two dentists on Capitol Hill. His primary is still five months away, but the dentists' independent campaign arm has already dropped $22,000 in mailers and spent another $20,000 last week dialing up Idaho voters to gauge the dynamics on the ground.

When the other lone dentist in Congress, Rep. Paul Gosar, R-Ariz., first won his seat in 2010, nearly 600 dentists contributed a total of $265,000 to his campaign. Dentists accounted for more than 40 percent of Gosar's total haul and more than half his donors.

"People actually in my first primary said, 'You get a lot of your money from dentists,' " Gosar said. "And I said, 'I'm not running from it. I'm proud to be a dentist.' "

Then, when Gosar faced a tea-party challenger in 2012 backed by the Club for Growth, the independent-expenditure arm of the dental lobby sprung into action, pouring $150,000 into his race. Dentists nationwide injected another $210,000 directly into his coffers. All told, dentists from 47 states and the District of Columbia have invested in Gosar in the past four years.

"I'm one of the dentists' dentists. I came up being involved in grassroots dentistry," said Gosar, who also served on the ADA's government-affairs council. "Mike might have a little harder time with [raising dental money] because he just didn't do all the steps that I did."

Barney Keller, a spokesman for the Club for Growth, said his organization is ready to take on the chamber, the dentists, and anyone else. The club spent nearly $600,000 in its unsuccessful bid to oust Gosar in 2012—almost as much as Gosar himself raised.

"I think that once you drill down on Mike Simpson's atrocious liberal record, you'll find lots of morsels, such as his votes for TARP, for repeated tax increases, and to increase the size and scope of government," Keller said. "We're sure that special-interest groups that favor big government will fight tooth and nail to keep Mike Simpson, but they should brace for impact, as you can expect us to be forceful."

Do dentists have lobbyists or waiting roomists?
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #668 on: January 23, 2014, 08:56:51 AM »
"Grassroots dentistry"?

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #669 on: January 23, 2014, 09:09:53 AM »
Quote from: CT III on January 23, 2014, 08:56:51 AM
"Grassroots dentistry"?

Oh sure. Be a tool of the Military-Dental Complex, sherson.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #670 on: January 23, 2014, 09:25:41 AM »
Quote from: CT III on January 23, 2014, 08:56:51 AM
"Grassroots dentistry"?

Like Tom Hanks in Cast Away?
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #671 on: January 28, 2014, 10:45:59 AM »
I bet Gil could drone on for hours and hours about this nerd union.

http://deadspin.com/northwestern-football-players-are-trying-to-unionize-1510639551

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #672 on: January 28, 2014, 01:12:33 PM »
Quote from: R-V on January 28, 2014, 10:45:59 AM
I bet Gil could drone on for hours and hours about this nerd union.

http://deadspin.com/northwestern-football-players-are-trying-to-unionize-1510639551

It will never work.  Even if Northwestern and other "private" college teams organize, the public universities would not be considered to be "employers" and are excluded from the National Labor Relations Act.  The employers would insist that they could only bargain with the players on a concerted basis and since the NLRB would have no jurisdiction over Illinois, Michigan, Indiana, etc. the players union would not be able to be certified as the exclusive representative.  I, too, could drone on for hours on this one.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #673 on: February 18, 2014, 09:25:48 AM »

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #674 on: February 18, 2014, 02:11:13 PM »