News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Morning in America: Butthurt Achieved  ( 94,906 )

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Morning in America: Butthurt Achieved
« Reply #676 on: March 07, 2014, 11:24:25 PM »
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #677 on: March 25, 2014, 12:30:11 PM »
Poor Jim Oberweis :(

QuoteSen. Mark Kirk, R-Ill., is ruling out campaigning for longshot GOP Illinois U.S. Senate nominee Jim Oberweis, saying Monday he would rather "protect" his relationship with Sen. Dick Durbin, D-Ill., and not launch a "partisan jihad."

Kirk commented after I asked him and Sen. John Cornyn, R-Texas — they were together in Chicago on Monday — if they would be seeing or campaigning for Oberweis.

"I'm going to be protecting my relationship with Dick and not launching into a partisan jihad that hurts our partnership to both pull together for Illinois," Kirk replied.

Cornyn, a former chair of the National Republican Senatorial Committee — the Senate Republican political operation — sidestepped a question about helping raise money for Oberweis.

"The reason I am here is for my own re-election, so I'm not getting involved in the Illinois Senate race at this time," Cornyn said.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #678 on: March 25, 2014, 12:47:04 PM »
Kirk should have just said he's a Republican and will vote for the nominee, but that he doesn't have the relationship with Oberweis that he does with Conryn.

I dislike Durbin and I'm voting for Oberweis, but I'm not exactly going door to door, driving the bandwagon for him. It's a tough race, but it's complicated by a few things:

1) Why would a big donor give Oberweis precious funds that could be going to any of the 32 other Senate races, a House race, or Bruce Rauner's campaign when Oberweis' commitment to the race seems lukewarm.
2) Oberweis will correct you when you say he's a 5-time loser. Yes, he lost five elections, but he has won four of them (three primaries and one general -- for state Senate).
3) Oberweis cannot erase this.

To poison the well even more, a lot of people were pissed when Oberweis jumped in late in the game after Doug Truax had built an organization and traveled the state.

But the ultimate turd in the punchbowl, and the real reason Kirk said what he said has to do with this. Oberweis was a ringleader, and Kirk was appreciative for all that Brady did for him during his illness. (As an aside, you don't have to go far to look for Kirk expressing appreciation to Durbin's staff for helping with constituent services during his extended absence).

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #679 on: March 25, 2014, 06:17:54 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on March 25, 2014, 12:47:04 PM
Kirk should have just said he's a Republican and will vote for the nominee, but that he doesn't have the relationship with Oberweis that he does with Conryn.

I dislike Durbin and I'm voting for Oberweis, but I'm not exactly going door to door, driving the bandwagon for him. It's a tough race, but it's complicated by a few things:

1) Why would a big donor give Oberweis precious funds that could be going to any of the 32 other Senate races, a House race, or Bruce Rauner's campaign when Oberweis' commitment to the race seems lukewarm.
2) Oberweis will correct you when you say he's a 5-time loser. Yes, he lost five elections, but he has won four of them (three primaries and one general -- for state Senate).

To poison the well even more, a lot of people were pissed when Oberweis jumped in late in the game after Doug Truax had built an organization and traveled the state.

But the ultimate turd in the punchbowl, and the real reason Kirk said what he said has to do with this. Oberweis was a ringleader, and Kirk was appreciative for all that Brady did for him during his illness. (As an aside, you don't have to go far to look for Kirk expressing appreciation to Durbin's staff for helping with constituent services during his extended absence).

This election is pretty much Crab Juice vs. Crab Juice.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #680 on: March 26, 2014, 08:59:23 AM »
Quote from: Bort on March 25, 2014, 06:17:54 PM

This election is pretty much Crab Juice vs. Crab Juice.

Durbin/Kirk as a tandem works, because it hedges the states bets in terms of shifts in power in the Senate chamber. Sure, Durbin swings a bigger stick in his party than Kirk does in his, but at least you've got one guy on each side of the aisle. Worked for years with Stevenson and Percy.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #681 on: March 27, 2014, 10:03:24 PM »

Voting for Oberweiss is like voting for Blagojevich: It's something I could never do no matter my political feelings.

Shit, I won't even go to his ice cream shops anymore and he's got milkshakes as good as anywhere.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #682 on: May 03, 2014, 11:35:04 AM »
It's now been over two and a half years since MikeC's last post here.

Is it possible that he offed himself after getting rejected from the Brotherhood of Cops for being too smart?
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #683 on: June 27, 2014, 07:59:35 PM »
Some dude in Oklahoma brings the goods...

QuoteOKLAHOMA CITY - An Oklahoma congressional candidate has announced he plans to contest Tuesday's primary election of long time Rep. Frank Lucas.

In a bizarre letter obtained by NewsChannel 4, Tim Murray says he doesn't feel Rep. Lucas is qualified for office.

"It does come as kind of a shock to read that you're not you," said Rep. Lucas, (R) District 3.

Murray brings it up in his letter announcing his plan to contest Lucas's election writing, "...it is widely known Rep. Frank D. Lucas is no longer alive and has been displayed by a look alike."

NewsChannel 4 called Murray numerous times after he sent the letter. He did not return any of our messages.

However, his campaign website goes into detail about his theory that Lucas was hanged "...executed by the world court on or about jan. 11, 2011..." in Ukraine.

"I've never been to Ukraine," said Rep. Lucas.

For the past 20 years, Lucas has been working in Congress, and he's faced Murray in past elections.

"He was the Democratic nominee for Congress two years ago. This time, he chose to run as a Republican," said Rep. Lucas.

Below are two letters Timothy Murray placed on his website about Lucas.

I, Timothy Ray Murray, am a human, born in Oklahoma, and obtained and continue to fully meet the requirements to serve as U.S. Representative when honored to so.  I will never use a look alike to replace my (The Office's) message to you or to anyone else, as both the other Republican Challengers have.

Rep. Frank Lucas, and a few other Oklahoma and other States' Congressional Members were depicted as being executed by The World Court on or about Jan. 11, 2011 in Southern Ukraine. On television they were depicted as being executed by the hanging about the neck until death on a white stage and in front of witnesses. Other now current Members of Congress have shared those facts on television also. We know that it is possible to use look alike artificial or manmade replacements, however Rep. Lucas was not eligible to serve as a Congressional Member after that time.

The World knows the truth and We must always display and communicate the truth. I will always share public information with the truth when honored to serve as your Representative.

June 24, I need your vote. The vote cannot be overlooked by the Judicial Branch, however the vote must be there and in order to be heard as the will of The People and not cast-off.

News Person,

The election for U.S. House for Oklahoma's 3rd District will be contested by the Candidate, Timothy Ray Murray. I will be stating that his votes are switched with Rep. Lucas votes, because it is widely known Rep. Frank D. Lucas is no longer alive and has been displayed by a look alike. Rep. Lucas' look alike was depicted as sentenced on a white stage in southern Ukraine on or about Jan. 11, 2011.

This is a situation similar to the Senators' from Kentucky situation in the 2012 election. I am contesting that this matter has happen since his election was blocked, because of the U.S. Defense Department's use of Mr. Murray's DNA. To my knowledge, the U.S. Defense Department has not released to the public that information, as it is their confidential information about many people. Congress is likely wanting me to state that all my DNA used will not result in benefits to people I have never had relations with of a family nature. I have been bound to protect that information unless it causes harm to The People.

The contest of election and or petition will be correctly filed with county election boards and with federal offices. I, Hon. Mr. Timothy Ray Murray, fully meet all Constitutional, Federal and Oklahoma requirements for election and for holding Office if the voters' results show that is the case.

Thank You for your service in giving Oklahomans great current news and information.

Sincerely,

Hon. Timothy Ray Murray

I, Timothy Ray Murray, am a human
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #684 on: July 15, 2014, 12:36:08 PM »
Rick Santelli: The Economy needs a better strategy than the Cubs (at around 50 seconds).

http://youtu.be/EU9U3ZnAD5E

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #685 on: July 15, 2014, 02:33:56 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on July 15, 2014, 12:36:08 PM
Rick Santelli: The Economy needs a better strategy than the Cubs (at around 50 seconds).

Well, would you like PK Wrigley, Don Grenesko, Andy MacPhail or Jim Hendry managing the economy?

/driving the Santelli bandwagon

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #686 on: July 15, 2014, 03:01:04 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on July 15, 2014, 02:33:56 PM

Well, would you like PK Wrigley, Don Grenesko, Andy MacPhail or Jim Hendry managing the economy?

/driving the Santelli bandwagon

You forgot about Salty Saltwell. That man knew how to sell Frosty Malts.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #687 on: July 15, 2014, 03:32:08 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on July 15, 2014, 02:33:56 PM

I might go for Grenesko.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club