News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Open "FYC" Thread  ( 96,990 )

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Open "FYC" Thread
« Reply #120 on: July 20, 2009, 11:58:26 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on July 20, 2009, 03:04:27 AM
Quote from: SKO on July 19, 2009, 01:50:03 PM
Please Atheismo, Just let the Cubs play the Nationals every day.

I'd heard tell that the Nats were bad, but I had no idea just how terrible it was possible for a "Major League" baseball team to be.  The Cubs have put some shitty teams on the field down the years but this is a whole new level.  They need to sack every man jack, top to bottom, and start again because nothing good will ever come of what they have there now.

The highlight of the weekend had to be Bard (who makes Berut look like Hank White, defensively) trying to tag Hart out at the plate by deflecting the ball into right field off his mask.

A truly, historically bad ball club.  Thanks for the kick-start, boys.

EDIT :  They'll still beat the Mets.

I don't know if his performance was exceptional for him, but Nyjer Morgan was outstanding leading off against the Cubs.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #121 on: July 20, 2009, 01:00:30 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on July 20, 2009, 11:58:26 AM

I'd heard tell that the Nats were bad, but I had no idea just how terrible it was possible for a "Major League" baseball team to be.  The Cubs have put some shitty teams on the field down the years but this is a whole new level.  They need to sack every man jack, top to bottom, and start again because nothing good will ever come of what they have there now.

The highlight of the weekend had to be Bard (who makes Berut look like Hank White, defensively) trying to tag Hart out at the plate by deflecting the ball into right field off his mask.

I don't know if his performance was exceptional for him, but Nyjer Afrijan Amerijan Morgan was outstanding leading off against the Cubs.

Racist.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

*In a Nutsack

• TJG's 6th best writer.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #122 on: July 20, 2009, 01:05:21 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on July 20, 2009, 11:58:26 AM

I don't know if his performance was exceptional for him, but Nyjer Morgan was outstanding leading off against the Cubs.

Another goddamn Morgan in DC.
Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North."  And, these are the priciples I carry with me in the workplace.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #123 on: July 20, 2009, 03:40:02 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on July 20, 2009, 08:38:45 AM
I think it was more the Nats pitching staff, but welcome to the club.

I'm sure you'd like to think it was an isolated incident so you can go back to reveling in his failure, but he was heating up before the break, against St. Louis and Atlanta.  And even against the Nats, he homered off Zimmermann, who's a pretty good pitcher.

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #124 on: July 20, 2009, 03:46:43 PM »
Quote from: Eli on July 20, 2009, 03:40:02 PM

I'm sure you'd like to think it was an isolated incident so you can go back to reveling in his failure, but he was heating up before the break, against St. Louis and Atlanta.  And even against the Nats, he homered off Zimmermann, who's a pretty good pitcher.

What Chuck read'ed.

Keep fighting the good fight, Eli.  Some of us statfagitos appreciate it.
Hire Jim Essian!

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #125 on: July 20, 2009, 04:28:40 PM »

Oh, it may not be "isolated" as his track record with the Cubs is "2 weeks hot, 3 weeks cold," but he needs to do it against the Phillies before this can be called one of his patented hot streaks and not "blind squirrel finds Nats."

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #126 on: July 20, 2009, 04:44:34 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on July 20, 2009, 04:28:40 PM

Oh, it may not be "isolated" as his track record with the Cubs is "2 weeks hot, 3 weeks cold," but he needs to do it against the Phillies before this can be called one of his patented hot streaks and not "blind squirrel finds Nats."

So, if he stays hot against the Phillies, you'll shut up for a while?
Hire Jim Essian!

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #127 on: July 20, 2009, 04:47:05 PM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on July 20, 2009, 04:44:34 PM

I think you know the answer to that.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #128 on: July 20, 2009, 04:53:34 PM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on July 20, 2009, 04:44:34 PM

I think I've been remarkably silent on Soriano this year.

I suppose I'm emulating Soriano's bat.

Ivy6

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #129 on: July 20, 2009, 04:53:41 PM »
So if I understand this right:

All Phillies Pitchers= Good, and worthy of our respect.

All Nationals Pitchers= Bad, and easily dismissed.

I can't wait until he homers off of some asshole like Chan Ho Park and Chuck scoffs, because he sucks anyway.

As we all know no good pitchers ever played on historically bad teams, at least not recently.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #130 on: July 20, 2009, 05:13:06 PM »
Quote from: Ivy6 on July 20, 2009, 04:53:41 PM

I can't wait until he homers off of some asshole like Chan Ho Park and Chuck scoffs, because he sucks anyway.

As we all know no good pitchers ever played on historically bad teams, at least not recently.

Wow, how the hell did the Big Unit not win the Cy Young that year?  4 losses from a roided out asshole was really enough to make up for Johnson's far superior stats?

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #131 on: July 20, 2009, 05:21:53 PM »
Quote from: Weebs on July 20, 2009, 05:13:06 PM

Wow, how the hell did the Big Unit not win the Cy Young that year?  4 losses from a roided out asshole was really enough to make up for Johnson's far superior stats?

Randy got ridiculously screwed that year.
Even the 14 D-Backs fans were all up in arms.

The D-Backs scored 2 runs or fewer in 17 of his 35 starts.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #132 on: July 20, 2009, 07:56:45 PM »
This team gets ghey with kids.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #133 on: July 20, 2009, 08:07:53 PM »
A) I haven't scoffed.  I just was waiting to declare him "recovered."

B) He's an awful, awful baseball player.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #134 on: July 20, 2009, 08:11:30 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on July 20, 2009, 08:07:53 PM
B) He's an awful, awful baseball player.

The best (only?) entertainment you provide is when I have to play the game where I guess if you're being serious or not.