News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Open "FYC" Thread  ( 96,989 )

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Open "FYC" Thread
« Reply #135 on: July 20, 2009, 08:18:15 PM »
The thing I hate most about this Chuck/Sori business is that Chuck will eventually be right. Soriano will be making like 20 million dollars in 2012 and by then he will probably be practically useless. And everybody will be saying exactly what Chuck has been saying for three years now and he'll feel really cool and confident and be even more insufferable than he he already is. At that point, I'll probably hate Soriano, Chuck, the Cubs, all Cubs fans, the city of Chicago, the United States and beer. I'll just put a gun in my mouth. Fuck it. Why wait?
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #136 on: July 20, 2009, 09:02:23 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on July 20, 2009, 08:18:15 PM
The thing I hate most about this Chuck/Sori business is that Chuck will eventually be right. Soriano will be making like 20 million dollars in 2012 and by then he will probably be practically useless. And everybody will be saying exactly what Chuck has been saying for three years now and he'll feel really cool and confident and be even more insufferable than he he already is. At that point, I'll probably hate Soriano, Chuck, the Cubs, all Cubs fans, the city of Chicago, the United States and beer. I'll just put a gun in my mouth. Fuck it. Why wait?

You can rest easy knowing that Chuck is dead. Or, at least we can keep screaming that ad nauseum until it comes true. And then we can all throw back it in Chuck's face. See Chuck? We were right. Ya' burnt, Chuck! BURNT!

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #137 on: July 20, 2009, 09:06:02 PM »
Quote from: Eli on July 20, 2009, 08:11:30 PM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on July 20, 2009, 08:07:53 PM
B) He's an awful, awful baseball player.

The best (only?) entertainment you provide is when I have to play the game where I guess if you're being serious or not.
Tonight's pics aren't up yet.  This will have to do.

air2300

• Hank White Fan Club
    • air2300
« Reply #138 on: July 20, 2009, 09:13:18 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on July 20, 2009, 09:06:02 PM

The best (only?) entertainment you provide is when I have to play the game where I guess if you're being serious or not.

Thanks. 

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #139 on: July 20, 2009, 09:26:48 PM »

Yup.  He missed a fly ball.

Tank

• Folklorist/Library Cop
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #140 on: July 20, 2009, 09:41:42 PM »
Quote from: Eli on July 20, 2009, 09:26:48 PM

Those eighth and ninth runs were what killed the Cubs tonight.
"So, this old man comes over to us and starts ragging on us to get down from there and really not being mean. Well, being a drunk gnome, I started yelling at teh guy... like really loudly."

Excerpt from The Astonishing Tales of Wooderson the Lesser

Pre

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #141 on: July 20, 2009, 09:52:51 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on July 20, 2009, 08:18:15 PM
The thing I hate most about this Chuck/Sori business is that Chuck will eventually be right.

I don't agree.  No one with half a brain has said that the Soriano
contract was a good one.  It's basically retarded. 

[Although, pre-recession, salaries were increasing at such a pace that
< 20 million in 2014 might not have been that much]

When the contract starts to smell in 2012 or 13 then he's not right
and we're wrong because we all knew it will be brutal in the end.
We're still going to be a lot happier with it than Zito's deal.

Chuck's only right if the first 4-5 years of the contract are a dud.  So
far I think most of us, and stat fags would say if he turns
this year around and does decent than so far so good contract wise.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #142 on: July 20, 2009, 10:20:29 PM »
Quote from: Tank on July 20, 2009, 09:41:42 PM
Quote from: Eli on July 20, 2009, 09:26:48 PM

Those eighth and ninth runs were what killed the Cubs tonight.

No.  It is the fact that one guy's pants are too long and the other's are too short.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #143 on: July 21, 2009, 10:37:52 AM »

Tank

• Folklorist/Library Cop
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #144 on: July 21, 2009, 10:54:58 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on July 21, 2009, 10:37:52 AM

He must have lost focus for a moment because he was thinking about how long his contract is.

(I mean, that's your beef with Soriano, right? The contract?)
"So, this old man comes over to us and starts ragging on us to get down from there and really not being mean. Well, being a drunk gnome, I started yelling at teh guy... like really loudly."

Excerpt from The Astonishing Tales of Wooderson the Lesser

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #145 on: July 21, 2009, 11:05:29 AM »
Quote from: Tank on July 21, 2009, 10:54:58 AM
He must have lost focus for a moment because he was thinking about how long his contract is.

A long contract to a bad player.  Short contracts to bad players are manageable.  I mean, Neifi Perez was tradeable.  A Sor is not.

RV

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #146 on: July 21, 2009, 11:07:19 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on July 21, 2009, 11:05:29 AM

A long contract to a bad player.  Short contracts to bad players are manageable.  I mean, Neifi Perez was tradeable.  A Sor is not.

What reason will you have to follow the Cubs when Soriano and Hendry are gone?

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #147 on: July 21, 2009, 11:12:46 AM »

A long contract to a bad player.

He's not a bad player no matter how many times you say it he's not a bad player no matter how many times you say it he's not a bad player no matter how many times you say it he's not a bad player no matter how many times you say it he's not a bad player no matter how many times you say it he's not a bad player no matter how many times you say it he's not a bad player no matter how many times you say it he's not a bad player no matter how many times you say it he's not a bad player no matter how many times you say it he's not a bad player no matter how many times you say it he's not a bad player no matter how many times you say it he's not a bad player no matter how many times you say it he's not a bad player no matter how many times you say it he's not a bad player no matter how many times you say it he's not a bad player no matter how many times you say it he's not a bad player no matter how many times you say it he's not a bad player no matter how many times you say it he's not a bad player no matter how many times you say it he's not a bad player no matter how many times you say it he's not a bad player no matter how many times you say it he's not a bad player no matter how many times you say it he's not a bad player no matter how many times you say it he's not a bad player no matter how many times you say it he's not a bad player no matter how many times you say it he's not a bad player no matter how many times you say it he's not a bad player no matter how many times you say it he's not a bad player no matter how many times you say it he's not a bad player no matter how many times you say it he's not a bad player no matter how many times you say it he's not a bad player no matter how many times you say it he's not a bad player no matter how many times you say it he's not a bad player no matter how many times you say it he's not a bad player no matter how many times you say it.

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #148 on: July 21, 2009, 11:14:58 AM »
Quote from: RV on July 21, 2009, 11:07:19 AM

What reason will you have to follow the Cubs when Soriano and Hendry are gone?

He's hoping for the glorious return of Korey Patterson.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

LoneStarCubFan

« Reply #149 on: July 21, 2009, 12:31:40 PM »

He was?