News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Open "FYC" Thread  ( 96,990 )

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Open "FYC" Thread
« Reply #420 on: May 23, 2012, 09:41:58 AM »
Quote from: SKO on May 23, 2012, 08:58:01 AM
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on May 23, 2012, 08:54:07 AM
What's even more demoralizing is watching them suck, and also watching the few bright spots like Starlin Castro and Bryan LaHair start to fall back to earth.  I know the latter is inevitable, but it makes it that much more deflating.  I don't expect anything from the Cubs at all this year except I was really hoping to watch Castro and maybe Rizzo and Jackson develop later in the summer.

Nobody show IAN Brett Jackson's stat line. I don't think he can take it.

While I always held out some small Brett Jackson hope, that was tempered by remembering that Jim Hendry drafted him and oversaw his training.

The only guy in the organization that Theo/Jed have their plans built around is Anthony Rizzo.  That he's performing at the level he's at while no one else is hasn't diluted my confidence in the new guys.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #421 on: May 23, 2012, 10:04:12 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on May 23, 2012, 09:41:58 AM
The only guy in the organization that Theo/Jed have their plans built around is Anthony Rizzo. 

Well this seems a little unnecessarily extreme.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #422 on: May 23, 2012, 10:05:44 AM »
Quote from: Eli on May 23, 2012, 10:04:12 AM
The only guy in the organization that Theo/Jed have their plans built around is Anthony Rizzo. 

Who else have they acquired that has a realistic shot at being here in 2014? Gerardo Concepcion?

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #423 on: May 23, 2012, 10:06:32 AM »
What's even more demoralizing is watching them suck, and also watching the few bright spots like Starlin Castro and Bryan LaHair start to fall back to earth.  I know the latter is inevitable, but it makes it that much more deflating.  I don't expect anything from the Cubs at all this year except I was really hoping to watch Castro and maybe Rizzo and Jackson develop later in the summer.

While I always held out some small Brett Jackson hope, that was tempered by remembering that Jim Hendry drafted him and oversaw his training.

The only guy in the organization that Theo/Jed have their plans built around is Anthony Rizzo.  That he's performing at the level he's at while no one else is hasn't diluted my confidence in the new guys.

You mindless cretins. Even when Jackson put up a combined .869 OPS between Tennessee and Iowa last year, with an OBP over 100 points higher than his batting average, and was ranked the #32 prospect in baseball coming into this year, Chuck just....knew that he'd be a bust. He just waited until now to tell all of us.

So Chuck, are you saying that because no one else in the minor league system has matched Rizzo's 15 HRs and 1.115 OPS, that they're all Hendstink failures?

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #424 on: May 23, 2012, 10:08:25 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on May 23, 2012, 10:05:44 AM

Who else have they acquired that has a realistic shot at being here in 2014? Gerardo Concepcion?

Is that your point? It sounded more like you were saying the front office doesn't view anyone besides Rizzo as a useful player.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #425 on: May 23, 2012, 10:19:57 AM »
Quote from: R-V on May 23, 2012, 10:06:32 AM

You mindless cretins. Even when Jackson put up a combined .869 OPS between Tennessee and Iowa last year, with an OBP over 100 points higher than his batting average, and was ranked the #32 prospect in baseball coming into this year, Chuck just....knew that he'd be a bust. He just waited until now to tell all of us.

So Chuck, are you saying that because no one else in the minor league system has matched Rizzo's 15 HRs and 1.115 OPS, that they're all Hendstink failures?

He'll let us know after they fail.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #426 on: May 23, 2012, 10:26:07 AM »
Quote from: Eli on May 23, 2012, 10:08:25 AM

Is that your point? It sounded more like you were saying the front office doesn't view anyone besides Rizzo as a useful player.

Oh, I'm sure they were hopeful they could get lucky and find some useful pieces. Just maybe Ian Stewart doesn't suck.  Or Volstad or Maholm.  But I don't think they looked at any of these guys and saw, "Key player to World Series winner."

I doubt they have much long term use for anyone outside of Castro, Rizzo and Concepcion who are in AA or higher.  The rest are trade bait or stopgaps.  Samardzija will be an interesting case has he is under their control through 2015, but will get very expensive very quickly as he goes to arbitration this offseason.

I'm sure they hope guys like Jackson pan out. That would make their job easier. But I'd also bet they aren't counting on hardly anyone else.  Hendry left the cupboard bare.

I wonder what they think of last year's draft class? At least they can train those guys in the "Cub Way."

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #427 on: May 23, 2012, 10:28:20 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on May 23, 2012, 10:26:07 AM

Oh, I'm sure they were hopeful they could get lucky and find some useful pieces. Just maybe Ian Stewart doesn't suck.  Or Volstad or Maholm.  But I don't think they looked at any of these guys and saw, "Key player to World Series winner."

I doubt they have much long term use for anyone outside of Castro, Rizzo and Concepcion who are in AA or higher.  The rest are trade bait or stopgaps.  Samardzija will be an interesting case has he is under their control through 2015, but will get very expensive very quickly as he goes to arbitration this offseason.

I'm sure they hope guys like Jackson pan out. That would make their job easier. But I'd also bet they aren't counting on hardly anyone else.  Hendry left the cupboard bare.

I wonder what they think of last year's draft class? At least they can train those guys in the "Cub Way."

But prepare yourself, as the possibility that they'll trade Castro becomes increasingly likely, despite their long term plans for him.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #428 on: May 23, 2012, 10:29:09 AM »
Quote from: SKO on May 23, 2012, 10:28:20 AM

But prepare yourself, as the possibility that they'll trade Castro becomes increasingly likely, despite their long term plans for him.

What happened to that Cuban guy the Cubs were about to sign? 
Soler? 

I'm still holding out for him.

1. Soler
2. ...
3. CHAMPIONSHIP
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #429 on: May 23, 2012, 10:29:52 AM »

But that's their long term plan for him.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #430 on: May 23, 2012, 10:51:54 AM »

Dales Waim!
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #431 on: May 23, 2012, 11:44:18 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on May 23, 2012, 10:29:52 AM

But that's their long term plan for him.

If you don't think it's increasingly likely that the Cubs will become increasingly likely to trade Castro sometime this decade, then you aren't paying attention.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #432 on: May 23, 2012, 12:17:30 PM »
Surely it's getting to the stage now where even Chuck thinks Chuck is wrong?
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #433 on: May 23, 2012, 01:27:00 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on May 23, 2012, 12:17:30 PM

Would that make him right?
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #434 on: May 23, 2012, 01:49:42 PM »
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on May 23, 2012, 01:27:00 PM
Quote from: Tonker on May 23, 2012, 12:17:30 PM

Would that make him right?

We need to go deeper...
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.