News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Open "FYC" Thread  ( 96,989 )

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Open "FYC" Thread
« Reply #465 on: June 08, 2012, 10:49:34 PM »
Quote from: flannj on June 08, 2012, 10:43:17 PM
Out for a fish fry dinner with Mrs. flannj at this place.

She already knows why I yelled FUCK YOU CHUCK while seated at the bar.

Honey mustard?
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #466 on: June 08, 2012, 11:09:18 PM »
Quote from: Wheezer on June 08, 2012, 10:49:34 PM
Quote from: flannj on June 08, 2012, 10:43:17 PM
Out for a fish fry dinner with Mrs. flannj at this place.

She already knows why I yelled FUCK YOU CHUCK while seated at the bar.

Honey mustard?

Malt vinegar.
Or is that considered to be death in life?
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #467 on: June 11, 2012, 09:46:02 AM »
Chuck's gotta be sore from the last couple weeks.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #468 on: June 11, 2012, 09:56:02 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on June 11, 2012, 09:46:02 AM

The nice thing about Soriano is that, once he cools off, he usually gives you a very long time to heal.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #469 on: June 11, 2012, 10:04:00 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on June 11, 2012, 09:56:02 AM

The nice thing about Soriano is that, once he cools off, he usually gives you a very long time to heal.

Yes, historically he has indeed been a very streaky hitter!

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #470 on: June 11, 2012, 10:28:44 AM »
Quote from: Eli on June 11, 2012, 10:04:00 AM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on June 11, 2012, 09:56:02 AM

Yes, historically he has indeed been a very streaky hitter!

I was going to make mention of his stats, but I knew Chuck would come through with the mention of his streakiness, or selectively grab a section of ABs within the section I chose, and point out how he still has been shitty.

For example, he has 30 hits in his last 102 ABs. Chuck would find a stretch in there he went 1-12. HE SUCKS.

Actually, my new favorite Cub might be Soriano right now. Despite Gil and Mr. I Married Some Big Ole Titties, I don't think he is an asshole. It's not his fault he got overpaid and old. So, Fuck Chuck, and vote Soriano into the 2012 All Star game.

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #471 on: June 16, 2012, 10:06:17 PM »

Guh.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #472 on: June 17, 2012, 07:12:30 AM »
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #473 on: June 17, 2012, 11:55:10 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on June 17, 2012, 07:12:30 AM
Quote from: flannj on June 16, 2012, 10:06:17 PM

Guh.

Wha' happened?

QuoteThe Cubs threatened with two out in the sixth, but a breakdown by Alfonso Soriano helped end it.

With runners on first and second, Middlebrooks dropped his hard liner to third. Soriano never ran, though, and was thrown out at first.

A crowd that had seen lapses from him before let him have it on the way to the dugout and when he trotted back out to left field. There were more loud boos when he struck out in the eighth.

But the way Soriano sees it, he didn't deserve that kind of treatment. He said the boos were unfair and there really wasn't much he could do on that play.

''I think that they don't understand the game,'' Soriano said. ''It's a line drive, nothing you can do about it. If it's a ground ball and I don't run, they can do whatever they want. But a hard line drive right at the glove? I don't know what they want.''

While the fans made their feelings clear, so did the Cubs. Put simply, they had Soriano's back.

''It's one of those things where 100 percent every player in the history of baseball would do the same thing,'' manager Dale Sveum said. ''I did it a lot, a lot, of times.''

Soriano is a lightning rod for fans, though - fair or not.

''Sori takes a lot of heat for a lot of things,'' Samardzija said. ''Obviously, it is what it is. There's not one guy in that locker room that has anything bad to say about him.''

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/saltalamacchia-leads-red-sox-past-023117309--mlb.html
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #474 on: June 17, 2012, 12:15:12 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on June 17, 2012, 11:55:10 AM
Quote from: PANK! on June 17, 2012, 07:12:30 AM
Quote from: flannj on June 16, 2012, 10:06:17 PM

Guh.

Wha' happened?

QuoteThe Cubs threatened with two out in the sixth, but a breakdown by Alfonso Soriano helped end it.

With runners on first and second, Middlebrooks dropped his hard liner to third. Soriano never ran, though, and was thrown out at first.

A crowd that had seen lapses from him before let him have it on the way to the dugout and when he trotted back out to left field. There were more loud boos when he struck out in the eighth.

But the way Soriano sees it, he didn't deserve that kind of treatment. He said the boos were unfair and there really wasn't much he could do on that play.

''I think that they don't understand the game,'' Soriano said. ''It's a line drive, nothing you can do about it. If it's a ground ball and I don't run, they can do whatever they want. But a hard line drive right at the glove? I don't know what they want.''

While the fans made their feelings clear, so did the Cubs. Put simply, they had Soriano's back.

''It's one of those things where 100 percent every player in the history of baseball would do the same thing,'' manager Dale Sveum said. ''I did it a lot, a lot, of times.''

Soriano is a lightning rod for fans, though - fair or not.

''Sori takes a lot of heat for a lot of things,'' Samardzija said. ''Obviously, it is what it is. There's not one guy in that locker room that has anything bad to say about him.''

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/saltalamacchia-leads-red-sox-past-023117309--mlb.html

Fans are idiots.  Roped line drives aren't the same as dropped popups or near-home runs that don't go out, which can cost you an extra base.  Of course, maybe if Fonzie hadn't dogged near-home runs and dropped popups in the past, people would have let it go, but the fact is those are two totally different sort of plays.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #475 on: June 17, 2012, 02:45:13 PM »
My comment was in reference to the Chuck-like reaction by the fans.

(and none of it was helped by Fonzies 0 / 4 day)

And now I'm going to spend the rest of my Father's Day watching some killer soccer.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #476 on: June 17, 2012, 04:45:41 PM »
Quote from: flannj on June 17, 2012, 02:45:13 PM
My comment was in reference to the Chuck-like reaction by the fans.

(and none of it was helped by Fonzies 0 / 4 day)

And now I'm going to spend the rest of my Father's Day watching some killer soccer.

https://twitter.com/ivychat/status/214471517898158080
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #477 on: June 18, 2012, 08:25:15 PM »

In honor of "hawk" and Steve, a stonily silent FYC.......

Are FYC's sweeter when they are against the White Sox?  I think they are.
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #478 on: June 18, 2012, 09:13:58 PM »
"Promptly hammers one up the middle."

Is that actually an FYK?
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #479 on: June 18, 2012, 10:32:26 PM »
Quote from: thehawk on June 18, 2012, 08:25:15 PM

In honor of "hawk" and Steve, a stonily silent FYC.......

Are FYC's sweeter when they are against the White Sox?  I think they are.

I was out working in the garage when it happened. I looked up to see what the silence was about until I saw Soriano's ball flying over the fence. Such a great feeling to not hear those two fuckers. They're truly terrible.