News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Survivor Football  ( 20,592 )

CubFaninHydePark

• President The Bull Moose Fan Club
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Survivor Football
« Reply #60 on: September 13, 2009, 09:08:40 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on September 12, 2009, 07:40:15 AM
Quote from: Poon on September 12, 2009, 07:32:13 AM
I don't understand people taking the Stillers to win that game.  Shit, they barely pulled it out, didn't look all that great, and barely won in overtime.  If Bironas didn't fucking blow two field goals in the first half (yeah one was blocked), that game would have turned out the way it should have.  The most accurate kicker in the league fucking shanked the game winner in the first quarter.

IF Hines Ward doesn't fumble, they cover the spread. D'ur. They're the champs in they're home opener. There is no more solid lock on the board the rest of the year. Period.

How many more opponents do the Lions have?
Those Cardinals aren't red, they're yellow.  Like the Spanish!

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #61 on: September 13, 2009, 09:14:46 PM »
The Lie-Downs scored some points today and look like a four-win team. In week one you know nothing about anybody and the defending champs in that Thursday Night affair are undefeated. I'm stiill alive, like Eddie Vedder. Suck my sweaty sack.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #62 on: September 13, 2009, 11:11:35 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on September 13, 2009, 09:14:46 PM
The Lie-Downs scored some points today and look like a four-win team. In After week one you know nothing about anybody and the defending champs in that Thursday Night affair are undefeated. I'm stiill alive, like Eddie Vedder. Suck my sweaty sack.
Still holds true'd
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

*In a Nutsack

• TJG's 6th best writer.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #63 on: September 14, 2009, 07:42:23 AM »
The Lie-Downs scored some points today and look like a four-win team. In week one you know nothing about anybody and the defending champs in that Thursday Night affair are undefeated. I'm stiill alive, like Eddie Vedder. Suck my sweaty sack.

Thanks to Reggie Bush's two fumbles, that jagoff.  I hate that guy.  Oh, and Mike Bell's lost fumble, which was returned for a TD.  But, whatev.  He was like war hero awesome in that game yesterday.
Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North."  And, these are the priciples I carry with me in the workplace.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #64 on: September 14, 2009, 08:20:19 AM »
Quote from: *In a Nutsack on September 14, 2009, 07:42:23 AM

Thanks to Reggie Bush's two fumbles, that jagoff.  I hate that guy.  Oh, and Mike Bell's lost fumble, which was returned for a TD.  But, whatev.  He was like war guitar hero awesome in that game yesterday.

Lions, dude'd.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #65 on: September 14, 2009, 09:36:10 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on September 14, 2009, 08:20:19 AM
Quote from: *In a Nutsack on September 14, 2009, 07:42:23 AM

Thanks to Reggie Bush's two fumbles, that jagoff.  I hate that guy.  Oh, and Mike Bell's lost fumble, which was returned for a TD.  But, whatev.  He was like war guitar hero awesome in that game yesterday.

Lions, dude'd.

You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #66 on: September 14, 2009, 11:09:23 AM »
Quote from: Poon on September 13, 2009, 07:51:32 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on September 12, 2009, 11:19:38 AM
Quote from: Poon on September 12, 2009, 08:33:40 AM
I don't understand people taking the Stillers to win that game.  Shit, they barely pulled it out, didn't look all that great, and barely won in overtime.  If Bironas didn't fucking blow two field goals in the first half (yeah one was blocked), that game would have turned out the way it should have.  The most accurate kicker in the league fucking shanked the game winner in the first quarter.

IF Hines Ward doesn't fumble, they cover the spread. D'ur. They're the champs in they're home opener. There is no more solid lock on the board the rest of the year. Period.

Receivers fumble from time to time, Bironas rarely misses a chip shot like he did in that first quarter.  This weekend alone there are more solid locks.  New Orleans woopin on Detroit and Cincinnati taking down Denver are easy picks.

Cincy over Denver? Come on. Who knows what either of those teams are going to look like? And Matt Stafford's window licker will lick the windows of the non-believers.

Who knows?  The Poon knows.  Denver is going to be complete shit.  Hack offense that won't move the ball and Dawkins can't improve that wretched D by himself.  Go ahead and double cover Ocho Cinco.  That will leave Coles open way too often.  That game will be decided by more than a TD.  Matt Stafford will be crying in a little ball on the sidelines after he gives up two INT's in the first half alone.  Best part of that game will be picking which receiver scores the most TD's. 

You're not smart.

I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #67 on: September 25, 2009, 05:08:14 PM »
That's right, cockbags.  I'm going with Detroit this week.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #68 on: September 25, 2009, 05:50:05 PM »
Quote from: MAD on September 25, 2009, 05:08:14 PM

I fully agree with your choice.

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #69 on: September 25, 2009, 10:14:17 PM »
Quote from: Trinew: The Boiler on September 25, 2009, 05:50:05 PM
Quote from: MAD on September 25, 2009, 05:08:14 PM

I fully agree with your choice.

They gotta win some time, and I'll be god damned if it's against The Beloved next week.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Poon

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #70 on: September 26, 2009, 09:30:41 AM »
Quote from: PenFoe on September 14, 2009, 11:09:23 AM
Quote from: Poon on September 13, 2009, 07:51:32 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on September 12, 2009, 11:19:38 AM
Quote from: Poon on September 12, 2009, 08:33:40 AM

Receivers fumble from time to time, Bironas rarely misses a chip shot like he did in that first quarter.  This weekend alone there are more solid locks.  New Orleans woopin on Detroit and Cincinnati taking down Denver are easy picks.

Cincy over Denver? Come on. Who knows what either of those teams are going to look like? And Matt Stafford's window licker will lick the windows of the non-believers.

Who knows?  The Poon knows.  Denver is going to be complete shit.  Hack offense that won't move the ball and Dawkins can't improve that wretched D by himself.  Go ahead and double cover Ocho Cinco.  That will leave Coles open way too often.  That game will be decided by more than a TD.  Matt Stafford will be crying in a little ball on the sidelines after he gives up two INT's in the first half alone.  Best part of that game will be picking which receiver scores the most TD's. 

You're not smart.

I still can't believe Denver is 2-0.

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #71 on: September 26, 2009, 10:58:42 AM »
Quote from: MAD on September 25, 2009, 10:14:17 PM
They gotta win some time, and I'll be god damned if it's against The Beloved next week.

This logic is almost as solid  as your FEELING that the red-hot Phillies had a beatdown coming at the hands of the Cubs earlier this season.

The Red Devils are 6 to 6.5 point favorites on the road, no? (Yeah... I triple-checked this.) And, given 17 weeks in the pool, you never have to pick Detroit if you don't want to.

Sure, it's a fun pick if you win. But you'll look like a PANK making an unforced error if you lose.

Having said that, I'll probably get knocked out this week after the smart money loses in an upset. Because, if the NFL is good for nothing else, it's good for making anyone who ventures to predict what will happen look like an asshole retard.
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #72 on: September 26, 2009, 11:00:35 AM »
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on September 26, 2009, 10:58:42 AM
Sure, it's a fun pick if you win. But you'll look like a PANK making an unforced error if you lose.

This ain't for money, dude.  Lighten the hell up.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #73 on: September 26, 2009, 11:23:57 AM »
Quote from: MAD on September 26, 2009, 11:00:35 AM

This ain't for money, dude.  Lighten the hell up.

You'll be singing a different tune when Obama declares internet reputation points legal tender later this year.
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #74 on: September 26, 2009, 03:52:10 PM »
Quote from: MAD on September 26, 2009, 11:00:35 AM

This ain't for money, dude.  Lighten the hell up.

THE HUEBITER DEMANDS THAT YOU LIGHTEN UP!