News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2010-11 Chicago Bears: The Last Time You'll See Utler Alive  ( 101,706 )

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: 2010-11 Chicago Bears: The Last Time You'll See Utler Alive
« Reply #390 on: July 26, 2010, 09:18:26 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on July 26, 2010, 09:11:16 AM
Quote from: SKO on July 26, 2010, 08:45:29 AM
I'm betting they'll give Anderson another chance to be the guy, but what'll most likely happen will be Idonijie at end in most situations, with Anderson taking over and Idonijie sliding inside on passing downs. I think a pure pass rush of Anderson, Idonijie, Harris, and Peppers will be terrifying, but they'll have to improve against the run on 1st and 2nd down to actually ensure that opposing offenses are actually forced into passing situations with regularity.

DPD. Thanks, Fork.

Look, I don't know what you people know or don't know about football when I come down from on high to share my knowledge. Maybe you've figured out that there are four downs, hell, maybe you know that Bill Walsh didn't actually invent the West Coast offense because that was the original name for the Coryell offense and ironically they are the two most common and competing offenses used in the NFL today. I don't know. I just know it's my responsibility, handed down from God the Most High, to enlighten you people. Okay? So maybe I step on some toes when I insult your petulant little egos by dropping some knowledge you've already swallowed and clutch to your breast. I'll take that risk. You'll thank me.

Someday.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #391 on: July 26, 2010, 09:38:38 AM »
Quote from: SKO on July 26, 2010, 09:18:26 AM
I'm betting they'll give Anderson another chance to be the guy, but what'll most likely happen will be Idonijie at end in most situations, with Anderson taking over and Idonijie sliding inside on passing downs. I think a pure pass rush of Anderson, Idonijie, Harris, and Peppers will be terrifying, but they'll have to improve against the run on 1st and 2nd down to actually ensure that opposing offenses are actually forced into passing situations with regularity.

DPD. Thanks, Fork.

Look, I don't know what you people know or don't know about football when I come down from on high to share my knowledge. Maybe you've figured out that there are four downs, hell, maybe you know that Bill Walsh didn't actually invent the West Coast offense because that was the original name for the Coryell offense and ironically they are the two most common and competing offenses used in the NFL today. I don't know. I just know it's my responsibility, handed down from God the Most High, to enlighten you people. Okay? So maybe I step on some toes when I insult your petulant little egos by dropping some knowledge you've already swallowed and clutch to your breast. I'll take that risk. You'll thank me.

Someday.

No, no, no. Bill Walsh's "West Coast Offense" is actually Paul Brown's offense. The two have similarities in that they feature receivers and running backs and tight ends and linemen, and that they are designed to score points, but they're two totally different animals. Walsh did some things with the Paul Brown playbook that sort of made his offense unique, and his changes were enough to drive Paul Brown crazy, but not crazy enough to open the door for Walsh to leave (Brown tried to sabotage any opportunity to coach elsewhere). Once Walsh did leave, and he was in San Francisco, did he start calling it the West Coast Offense.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #392 on: July 26, 2010, 09:41:55 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on July 26, 2010, 09:38:38 AM

DPD. Thanks, Fork.

Someday.

No, no, no. Bill Walsh's "West Coast Offense" is actually Paul Brown's offense. The two have similarities in that they feature receivers and running backs and tight ends and linemen, and that they are designed to score points, but they're two totally different animals. Walsh did some things with the Paul Brown playbook that sort of made his offense unique, and his changes were enough to drive Paul Brown crazy, but not crazy enough to open the door for Walsh to leave (Brown tried to sabotage any opportunity to coach elsewhere). Once Walsh did leave, and he was in San Francisco, did he start calling it the West Coast Offense.

This is true. And Ken Anderson not being in the hall of fame is a god damn travesty. What I meant is that the first offense to be called the "West Coast Offense" was Coryell's offense with the Chargers in the 70s. Bill Walsh gets a lot of credit for inventing his offense, which he didn't. I think what he really deserves credit for is being the greatest QB coach of all time.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #393 on: July 26, 2010, 09:45:39 AM »

DPD. Thanks, Fork.

Nah, establishing the run to set up play action is more my thing.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #394 on: July 26, 2010, 09:48:27 AM »

DPD. Thanks, Fork.

Someday.

If it takes TrollPex rattling your cage to elicit useful information then your cage is gonna shake like a polaroid picture from now til February   you son of a bitch.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #395 on: July 26, 2010, 09:56:14 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on July 26, 2010, 09:48:27 AM

DPD. Thanks, Fork.

Someday.

If it takes TrollPex rattling your cage to elicit useful information then your cage is gonna shake like a polaroid picture from now til February   you son of a bitch.

Two-shay.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #396 on: July 26, 2010, 10:01:43 AM »
Quote from: SKO on July 26, 2010, 09:56:14 AM

DPD. Thanks, Fork.

Someday.

Two-shay.

Pass.

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #397 on: July 26, 2010, 10:38:20 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on July 26, 2010, 10:01:43 AM

DPD. Thanks, Fork.

Someday.

Two-shay.

Pass like a man with no arms.

Jonathan Qunn'd.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #398 on: July 26, 2010, 11:33:38 AM »

DPD. Thanks, Fork.

Someday.

Two-shay.

Pass.

No, not "two-shay", two-pay
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #399 on: July 26, 2010, 11:35:38 AM »
Quote from: CBStew on July 26, 2010, 11:33:38 AM

DPD. Thanks, Fork.

Someday.

Two-shay.

Pass.

No, not "two-shay", two-pay

Nice. (terrorist fist bumps Stew)

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #400 on: July 29, 2010, 09:57:30 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on July 22, 2010, 05:33:50 PM
Quote from: Brownie on July 22, 2010, 05:16:38 PM
Quote from: fiveouts on July 22, 2010, 05:04:40 PM
After reading the Tribune's articles on the defense lately, maybe I'm being very Polyellon about this.

The Bears were ranked 17th in total defense last year.  They added Julius Peppers and Chris Harris, and are essentially adding Brian Urlacher (who missed the enitre season).  Why do so many people think they're going to be worse than last year?  

I'm not dismissing your point, which is valid, but just the bolded part took me back to 2005 when Dusty and Hendry kept insisting getting Wood and Prior back along with Corey Patterson from the minors would be akin to a big trade. Ooooh, and they got Matt Lawton that year!!

I think people question whether the secondary will hold up. The addition of Harris will certainly help. You add Peppers, but Ogunleye and Alex Brown are gone, so is that a wash? Also, remember that besides Urlacher coming back you have Piso Tinoasamoa as well.

Wha? Maybe if you literally replaced Brown with nobody and played with three down linemen and 10 guys total. Pepper is All-Pro so he's an upgrade over either of those two. Period. The question then is how much better and is Israel Idonije a total piece of crap? I don't think he is. I think he's underrated as dick. The big fucking question here is how healthy will Tommie Harris be? Not how interested or how crazy or how well-liked by his baby momma etc... Fuck that. How healthy? Nobody knows. But if he's about as good as he was the last two games last year, I'll take it and the defense will have a fighting chance most weeks. If he's anywhere NEAR his 05-06 self, there's gonna be fucking murders.

How healthy, you ask? Completely healthy!

Quote"Tommie made every workout this offseason,'' Smith said. "Tommie is healthy now for the first time. He finished strong. He's in the best physical condition that he's been in for a long time. We've seen the old Tommie."

"It means quite a bit to have Tommie back like this," Smith said. "He's a great player, when he's healthy. And he's healthy."

I'm excited. You know football season is about to start when Tommie gets his annual clean bill of health. Just ignore the rest of the article.

Quote"I'm a vet, so I'll take all the days they tell me I need to take off. No need to beat up my body in training camp.
"I'm looking forward to going through all the proper practices, but whenever Lovie says I need to sit, I will sit."

Harris emphasized to Holmes that it is never his decision to watch from the sideline.

"I always go off by what the doctor says, or what a coach says," he said.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #401 on: July 29, 2010, 10:09:35 AM »
There's gonna be fucking murders.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #402 on: July 29, 2010, 10:15:23 AM »
Secondary blows, O-Line really blows, receivers are a joke. Everything else is pretty good.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #403 on: July 29, 2010, 10:17:41 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on July 29, 2010, 10:15:23 AM
Secondary blows, O-Line really blows, receivers are a joke. Everything else is pretty good.

How dare you challenge the media narrative that this is the best Bears team EVAR!!!

David Haugh agrees with me, so I know this to be true.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #404 on: July 29, 2010, 10:18:31 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on July 29, 2010, 10:15:23 AM

This is beginning to sound familiar.

Seems like something they ought to consider addressing at some point.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.