News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: In order to keep things simple let's just open a new topic titled: "Arizona"  ( 15,438 )

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: In order to keep things simple let's just open a new topic titled: "Arizona"
« Reply #60 on: September 10, 2013, 02:04:50 PM »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-23986595

QuoteBrynne Larson and Tess and Savannah Scherkenback are all-American girls from Arizona, who enjoy martial arts and horse riding. But something sets them apart from most teenagers - they perform public exorcisms and often appear on TV chat shows.

Eighteen-year-old Brynne met sisters Tess and Savannah about eight years ago at a karate class.

"We just really hit it off," says Savannah, aged 21. "I don't know what happens but somehow you bond when you're punching one another and throwing knees. We were working out together, learning how to fight and how to defend ourselves and defend others."

They are now karate black belts, but because of their particular Christian beliefs, they have also decided to do battle - they say - against evil spirits or demons. They believe that these demons can possess a human being and cause suffering, depression or addiction.

"A demon can't just come into anybody whenever it chooses too, God doesn't allow that," says Brynne.

"What happens is when someone sins or does something, or something's done to them that allows the demon to come into them, that's called the legal right or the reason that it's there."

The young women have been trained by Brynne's father, the Rev Bob Larson, who says he has performed over 15,000 exorcisms. They have appeared alongside him in America and overseas, including the UK.

"Every single country has a specific kind of demon," says Tess, 18, who loves music and reading.

They believe that the UK in particular is a hotbed for "witchcraft", because of the popularity of J K Rowling's Harry Potter books.

"The spells and things that you're reading in the Harry Potter books, those aren't just something that are made up, those are actual spells. Those are things that came from witchcraft books," says Tess.

Tess, Savannah and Brynne have all been home-schooled. In Brynne's case it was because her father's profession led the family to travel widely.

"With going [to] over 20 countries and stuff, I don't really have time to go to school, but I'll just sit at my desk and work on calculus or read all my books," she says. "This is so much better than going to a stinky old school room."

Brynne and Tess have been awarded places at college this year, while Savannah is already a college student. But as well as continuing their education they are determined to continue their spiritual battle against what they see as the forces of evil.

Teen Exorcists will be broadcast on Thursday 12 September at 21:00 BST on BBC Three. Or catch up later on BBC iPlayer.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: In order to keep things simple let's just open a new topic titled: "Arizona"
« Reply #61 on: September 10, 2013, 02:37:01 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on September 10, 2013, 02:04:50 PM

QuoteBrynne Larson and Tess and Savannah Scherkenback are all-American girls from Arizona, who enjoy martial arts and horse riding. But something sets them apart from most teenagers - they perform public exorcisms and often appear on TV chat shows.

Eighteen-year-old Brynne met sisters Tess and Savannah about eight years ago at a karate class.

"We just really hit it off," says Savannah, aged 21. "I don't know what happens but somehow you bond when you're punching one another and throwing knees. We were working out together, learning how to fight and how to defend ourselves and defend others."

They are now karate black belts, but because of their particular Christian beliefs, they have also decided to do battle - they say - against evil spirits or demons. They believe that these demons can possess a human being and cause suffering, depression or addiction.

"A demon can't just come into anybody whenever it chooses too, God doesn't allow that," says Brynne.

"What happens is when someone sins or does something, or something's done to them that allows the demon to come into them, that's called the legal right or the reason that it's there."

The young women have been trained by Brynne's father, the Rev Bob Larson, who says he has performed over 15,000 exorcisms. They have appeared alongside him in America and overseas, including the UK.

"Every single country has a specific kind of demon," says Tess, 18, who loves music and reading.

They believe that the UK in particular is a hotbed for "witchcraft", because of the popularity of J K Rowling's Harry Potter books.

"The spells and things that you're reading in the Harry Potter books, those aren't just something that are made up, those are actual spells. Those are things that came from witchcraft books," says Tess.

Tess, Savannah and Brynne have all been home-schooled. In Brynne's case it was because her father's profession led the family to travel widely.

"With going [to] over 20 countries and stuff, I don't really have time to go to school, but I'll just sit at my desk and work on calculus or read all my books," she says. "This is so much better than going to a stinky old school room."

Brynne and Tess have been awarded places at college this year, while Savannah is already a college student. But as well as continuing their education they are determined to continue their spiritual battle against what they see as the forces of evil.

Teen Exorcists will be broadcast on Thursday 12 September at 21:00 BST on BBC Three. Or catch up later on BBC iPlayer.

Intrepid Reader: TDubbs

I've got a demon that could enter their bodies.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #62 on: September 10, 2013, 03:13:33 PM »

YOU DON'T SAY

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #63 on: September 10, 2013, 06:11:11 PM »

Stew, Gil?  Little help?
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #64 on: September 10, 2013, 06:17:31 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on September 10, 2013, 06:11:11 PM

Stew, Gil?  Little help?

res ipsa loquitor
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #65 on: September 10, 2013, 11:52:42 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on September 10, 2013, 06:17:31 PM

Stew, Gil?  Little help?

res ipsa loquitor

lol
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #66 on: September 11, 2013, 10:02:36 AM »
Quote from: CBStew on September 10, 2013, 06:17:31 PM

Stew, Gil?  Little help?

res ipsa loquitor

I still cannot get over the author's non-use of the Oxford comma; everything else is secondary at this point.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

CBStew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: morpheus on January 05, 2014, 12:44:30 AM
http://lasvegas.cbslocal.com/2014/01/04/actor-steven-seagal-says-he-is-up-for-arizona-governor-campaign/

Gee.  That's novel.  A movie strongman wants to be governor of a western state.  I wonder how that would work out?
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
When you wonder "How could any state elect Jan Brewer to be Governor" it's important to understand the alternatives.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: PenFoe on July 17, 2014, 03:58:40 PM
When you wonder "How could any state elect Jan Brewer to be Governor" it's important to understand the alternatives.

Do you still miss it?

CBStew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

Andrew Thomas is a disbarred former State Attorney General.  I am reminded of the fact that there is no requirement that one must be a lawyer, or even have gone to law school, in order to be a U.S. Supreme Court Justice. 

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: BH on July 17, 2014, 04:02:15 PM

Do you still miss it?

DO I EVER

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club