News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2011 - 20?? Bears Offseason(s) Thread  ( 55,748 )

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: 2011 - 20?? Bears Offseason(s) Thread
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2011, 05:23:48 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on January 31, 2011, 05:18:27 PM
Eagles request permission to interview Bears DB Coach for their DC position.

Why would they do that? Charles Tillman doesn't even know who to cover in an 11 on 11 situation. He just wanders off in the Cover Who and lets receivers do whatever they want.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2011, 06:07:31 PM »
Quote from: SKO on January 31, 2011, 05:23:48 PM

Why would they do that? Charles Tillman (Fuck you) doesn't even know who to cover in an 11 on 11 situation. He just wanders off in the Cover Who and lets receivers do whatever they want.

Que the so-called football "experts"'d
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2011, 09:21:49 PM »

Why would they do that? Charles Tillman doesn't even know who to cover in an 11 on 11 situation. He just wanders off in the Cover Who and lets receivers do whatever they want.

Please tell me Fro Dog coined this phrase.

Tinker to Evers to Chance

• F@#$in' New Guy
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2011, 09:29:31 PM »
Quote from: R-V on January 31, 2011, 09:21:49 PM

No one around here is brilliant enough to come up with something like that.

QuoteI want a safety who actually knows that if they are playing that crappy "Cover Who", that they wouldn't wander off letting a receiver go down the field for an easy touchdown (Danieal Manning).
Validated by Thrillho - Vicinity WG543441 on or about 102345AUG08

I don't get this KurtEvans photoshop at all.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2011, 09:31:49 PM »
Quote from: Tinker to Evers to Chance on January 31, 2011, 09:29:31 PM

QuoteI want a safety who actually knows that if they are playing that crappy "Cover Who", that they wouldn't wander off letting a receiver go down the field for an easy touchdown (Danieal Manning).

I prefer the "I-Pass defense" myself.

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2011, 05:20:02 AM »
Quote from: CT III on January 31, 2011, 09:31:49 PM

You would
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2011, 08:27:32 AM »
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on February 01, 2011, 05:20:02 AM
Quote from: CT III on January 31, 2011, 09:31:49 PM

You would

Agreed.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2011, 11:49:03 AM »
In the least surprising something something file we have Brad Biggs' positional breakdown on the Bears' Special Teams unit. While it was one of the league's best this year without question, Biggs still wonders what might have been...

Quote2010 overview: The Bears again finished as one of the best special teams units in the NFL and Toub again turned the trick while juggling personnel. The Bears made linebacker Tim Shaw one of their final cuts in September, a surprising move after he had set a franchise record with 30 tackles the year before. The Bears knew linebacker Hunter Hillenmeyer was dealing with post-concussion symptoms and they still chose to unload Shaw because he didn't fit into a backup role on defense. When Hillenmeyer was placed on injured reserve after Week 1, cutting Shaw looked even worse. But he didn't have any trouble finding work as the Tennessee Titans claimed him on waivers.

Without Shaw, the Bears proved to be OK. Would they have been better with him? No question. But new linebacker Brian Iwuh was a better fit on defense and he proved capable on special teams, finishing tied for second with 18 total tackles and third with 10 solos. While Shaw led the team in tackles in 2009, Graham was the point production leader that season and he topped the charts for Toub again this season.

Jesus Christ. This has cruised right on past strange and is rapping vociferously at creepy's back door.

http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2011/02/bears-positional-analysis-special-teams.html

The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2011, 11:49:58 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on February 11, 2011, 11:49:03 AM
In the least surprising something something file we have Brad Biggs' positional breakdown on the Bears' Special Teams unit. While it was one of the league's best this year without question, Biggs still wonders what might have been...

Quote2010 overview: The Bears again finished as one of the best special teams units in the NFL and Toub again turned the trick while juggling personnel. The Bears made linebacker Tim Shaw one of their final cuts in September, a surprising move after he had set a franchise record with 30 tackles the year before. The Bears knew linebacker Hunter Hillenmeyer was dealing with post-concussion symptoms and they still chose to unload Shaw because he didn't fit into a backup role on defense. When Hillenmeyer was placed on injured reserve after Week 1, cutting Shaw looked even worse. But he didn't have any trouble finding work as the Tennessee Titans claimed him on waivers.

Without Shaw, the Bears proved to be OK. Would they have been better with him? No question. But new linebacker Brian Iwuh was a better fit on defense and he proved capable on special teams, finishing tied for second with 18 total tackles and third with 10 solos. While Shaw led the team in tackles in 2009, Graham was the point production leader that season and he topped the charts for Toub again this season.

Jesus Christ. This has cruised right on past strange and is rapping vociferously at creepy's back door.

http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2011/02/bears-positional-analysis-special-teams.html

Good old Shawsy - always stealing Biggsy's laptop and writing articles for him. He's a crafty, gentle lover.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2011, 12:06:53 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on February 11, 2011, 11:49:58 AM

Good old Shawsy - always stealing Biggsy's laptop and writing articles for him. He's a crafty, gentle lover.

TIM SHAW WOULD HAVE BEEN DOMINANT PLAYING FOOTBALL FOR THE BEARS THIS YEAR!!  HE WOULD HAVE TACKLED HIS ENEMIES INTO SUBMISSION, FOR HE IS TIM SHAW, DESTROYER OF WORLDS!!
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2011, 12:52:47 PM »

Oh for fuck's sake Biggs. Just peel his skin off and wear it as undies already.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2011, 11:21:28 AM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on February 14, 2011, 10:52:27 PM
Not even football can make the NLRB less boring.

Not to mention anti-trust law.  But since I specialize in boring, assume that the owners do lock out  the players, and the NFLPA 'decertifies' (however that works), what then happens?  Is each player then essentially a free agent? Does basically any NFL labor related action (the draft a cap etc) become an automatic anti-trust violation?  Do dogs and cats start living together? Can I write another sentence without a quetion mark?
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

Timmy B

• Hank White Fan Club
    • moviemantim@hotmail.com
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2011, 06:11:20 PM »
Basically, decertification is the players' nuclear option. When that happens, the union for the players would dissolve, becoming, ostensibly, a trade organization, and the NFL's antitrust exemption would go away (as long as they're negotiating with an elected union. they're given an anti-trust exemption). Based upon anti-trust law, if the NFL clubs, acting as 32 individual businesses, were to attempt to lock out the players, it would be a group boycott of the workers -- which is illegal. It would then open the NFL up to a class-action lawsuit by every individual player, and based on precedent, it would lose.