News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2011 - 20?? Bears Offseason(s) Thread  ( 55,822 )

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: 2011 - 20?? Bears Offseason(s) Thread
« Reply #90 on: June 22, 2011, 10:39:55 AM »
Quote from: R-V on June 22, 2011, 10:34:17 AM
Quote from: Slaky on June 22, 2011, 10:31:30 AM
Quote from: BH on June 22, 2011, 10:24:54 AM
Quote from: R-V on June 22, 2011, 10:21:21 AM
Quote from: SKO on June 22, 2011, 10:15:51 AM
Quote from: Slaky on June 22, 2011, 10:12:15 AM
That was the worst DPD ever.

Sorry. I didn't mean to cover up the bombshell that is Braylon Edwards: Ghey Male Homosecksual.

They should call him Blowin Dudeswads.

Garblownzo Dudesbeanzs.

If you guys keep this up we're never going to realize the dream of an all-gay NFL.

I can't believe anyone on the '07 and '08 Browns would waste valuable time making fun of Blowin when there were uberdeutsches like Kellen Winslow and Brady Quinn just begging to be mocked viciously.

Because, and this was a real question that I actually asked, Kellen Winslow is widely believed to be able to shoot AIDS from his pores and no one would even dare go near him.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #91 on: June 22, 2011, 10:41:13 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on June 22, 2011, 10:31:00 AM
Quote from: SKO on June 22, 2011, 10:27:53 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on June 22, 2011, 10:17:45 AM
I have faith that the Bears are sick of their offensive line worries and really want to fix it so that Cutler can become as great as they (to their credit) believe he is. Want to and know how are different things, I know. But I think there's a good chance they'll over- compensate there in FA and the receiving corps will remain highly suspect for another year. I'm more worried about the secondary than the receivers anyhow.

If they fix that offensive line than they'll survive with the wideouts they have, especially if they keep Hester in the slot like they did toward the end last year and keep the BBE on the outside opposite of Knox.

The problem with the line is that it sounds like Roberto Garza is just penciled in to start next year, which is bad news since he's nowhere near the player he was a few years ago. They need at least one starting guard in free agency and then you let Garza, Williams, Lance Louis, Edwin Williams, and Johan Asiata fight it out for the other spot while Gheyb locks down the blind side and Webb improves in year two over on the right. Either way, if they can find a way to drop the sack total down somewhere south of 35ish Erik Kramer's 1995 season will disappear from the record books. It's gonna hai.

All of THI.

I think they know they have to replace Garza. My worry is that they'll overpay for some hack who can't play and we're completely screwed.

There's enough quality, proven guys south of 30 in this class that they can probably find one that doesn't suck. If Davin Joseph (27), Justin Blalock (27), Carl Nicks (26), Harvey Dahl (30), Chris Chester (28), David Baas (29) and Deuce Lutui (28) are out there they have to get at least one reasonably young guy that can start and won't be a disaster. Angelo's record on free agent offensive linemen has been pretty mixed, but the last time the line was this bad he managed to add John Tait, Ruben Brown, and Fred Miller in two consecutive offseasons and those guys all gave 3-4 good years and they were all older than that group.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #92 on: June 22, 2011, 10:51:09 AM »
Quote from: SKO on June 22, 2011, 10:41:13 AM
I have faith that the Bears are sick of their offensive line worries and really want to fix it so that Cutler can become as great as they (to their credit) believe he is. Want to and know how are different things, I know. But I think there's a good chance they'll over- compensate there in FA and the receiving corps will remain highly suspect for another year. I'm more worried about the secondary than the receivers anyhow.

If they fix that offensive line than they'll survive with the wideouts they have, especially if they keep Hester in the slot like they did toward the end last year and keep the BBE on the outside opposite of Knox.

The problem with the line is that it sounds like Roberto Garza is just penciled in to start next year, which is bad news since he's nowhere near the player he was a few years ago. They need at least one starting guard in free agency and then you let Garza, Williams, Lance Louis, Edwin Williams, and Johan Asiata fight it out for the other spot while Gheyb locks down the blind side and Webb improves in year two over on the right. Either way, if they can find a way to drop the sack total down somewhere south of 35ish Erik Kramer's 1995 season will disappear from the record books. It's gonna hai.

All of THI.

I think they know they have to replace Garza. My worry is that they'll overpay for some hack who can't play and we're completely screwed.

There's enough quality, proven guys south of 30 in this class that they can probably find one that doesn't suck. If Davin Joseph (27), Justin Blalock (27), Carl Nicks (26), Harvey Dahl (30), Chris Chester (28), David Baas (29) and Deuce Lutui (28) are out there they have to get at least one reasonably young guy that can start and won't be a disaster. Angelo's record on free agent offensive linemen has been pretty mixed, but the last time the line was this bad he managed to add John Tait, Ruben Brown, and Fred Miller in two consecutive offseasons and those guys all gave 3-4 good years and they were all older than that group.

Yay!

Now, let's fix the secondary before it breaks.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #93 on: June 22, 2011, 10:54:02 AM »
I wonder if Lovie, Martz and Tice sit around talking about the Bears' o-line like we talk about Matt Murton, Todd Walker, Juan Pierre and Will Ohman. Like how the FUCK ... did... GOD DAMMIT!!!

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #94 on: June 22, 2011, 10:54:40 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on June 22, 2011, 10:54:02 AM
I wonder if Lovie, Martz and Tice sit around talking about the Bears' o-line like we talk about Matt Murton, Todd Walker, Juan Pierre and Will Ohman. Like how the FUCK ... did... GOD DAMMIT!!!

Except they get paid for it. Man, that'd be fun.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #95 on: June 22, 2011, 10:54:49 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on June 22, 2011, 10:51:09 AM

All of THI.

Yay!

The only move they'll make in the secondary is bringing back Danieal Manning if they can afford him. I can't imagine them doing more than finding one mediocre guy to throw into the competition between Jennings and Zack Bowman, who'll get one more chance to prove he can do something with the talent he has.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #96 on: June 22, 2011, 11:25:52 AM »
Quote from: SKO on June 22, 2011, 10:54:49 AM

All of THI.

Yay!

The only move they'll make in the secondary is bringing back Danieal Manning if they can afford him. I can't imagine them doing more than finding one mediocre guy to throw into the competition between Jennings and Zack Bowman, who'll get one more chance to prove he can do something with the talent he has.

I guess they drafted a Safety too. But BC said he was slow. So fuck that.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #97 on: June 22, 2011, 12:13:53 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on June 22, 2011, 11:25:52 AM

All of THI.

Yay!

He's a converted corner, so too slow for a corner but good speed for a safety. Biggest problem is he's raw and new to the position, so in about 4-5 years he should have a quiet All-Pro caliber season and then leave in free agency like Danieal.

Also, the old Tampa Two strategy of "who needs corners if you have a pass rush?" worked pretty damn well last year, and I expect it to be even better with Stephen Paea drawing some of the attention away from Peppers and Izzy, so I'm not up in a cold sweat worrying about the secondary like I was the last three offseasons.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #98 on: June 22, 2011, 12:37:07 PM »
Quote from: SKO on June 22, 2011, 12:13:53 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on June 22, 2011, 11:25:52 AM

All of THI.

Yay!

He's a converted corner, so too slow for a corner but good speed for a safety. Biggest problem is he's raw and new to the position, so in about 4-5 years he should have a quiet All-Pro caliber season and then leave in free agency like Danieal.

Also, the old Tampa Two strategy of "who needs corners if you have a pass rush?" worked pretty damn well last year, and I expect it to be even better with Stephen Paea drawing some of the attention away from Peppers and Izzy, so I'm not up in a cold sweat worrying about the secondary like I was the last three offseasons.

I switched sides of the bed with TPex and now the AC hits me just right as well.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #99 on: June 22, 2011, 12:47:37 PM »
Quote from: SKO on June 22, 2011, 10:15:51 AM
Quote from: Slaky on June 22, 2011, 10:12:15 AM
That was the worst DPD ever.

Sorry. I didn't mean to cover up the bombshell that is Braylon Edwards: Ghey Male Homosecksual.

At least now we know why he's not a tight end, amirite?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #100 on: June 23, 2011, 05:07:33 PM »
"So we thought, who was behind the football?  Football?  Cops?  Football Cops."
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #101 on: August 08, 2011, 09:29:40 AM »
Well, Mike Tice says the starting five on the line are Webb, Williams, Garza, Louis, and Carimi L to R. I'll hold my judgement on that till the regular season, but for the most part WHAT THE FUCK? I suppose Garza at center may not be a terrible idea, since he's big and doesn't suck and knows the line calls and by the reports I've seen has gotten over a rough start and is playing pretty well at center now, but this plan includes starting Chris Williams and, I believe, leaves Frank Omiyale on the roster, so not good man, not good.

Then people are apparently pissed because Roy Williams is battling Johnny Knox for the starting X position, not Devin Hester over at Z. I don't think Johnny Knox sucks as much as Apex thinks he does, but I also don't think he's that much, if at all, better than Hester necessarily. Either way everyone's going to get a bunch of targets, but I don't think that muppets worth this much hand-wringing. It'll all be a moot point once Sanzebacher starts torching secondaries anyway.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #102 on: August 08, 2011, 03:27:02 PM »
Quote from: SKO on August 08, 2011, 09:29:40 AM
Well, Mike Tice says the starting five on the line are Webb, Williams, Garza, Louis, and Carimi L to R. I'll hold my judgement on that till the regular season, but for the most part WHAT THE FUCK? I suppose Garza at center may not be a terrible idea, since he's big and doesn't suck and knows the line calls and by the reports I've seen has gotten over a rough start and is playing pretty well at center now, but this plan includes starting Chris Williams and, I believe, leaves Frank Omiyale on the roster, so not good man, not good.

Then people are apparently pissed because Roy Williams is battling Johnny Knox for the starting X position, not Devin Hester over at Z. I don't think Johnny Knox sucks as much as Apex thinks he does, but I also don't think he's that much, if at all, better than Hester necessarily. Either way everyone's going to get a bunch of targets, but I don't think that muppets worth this much hand-wringing. It'll all be a moot point once Sanzebacher starts torching secondaries anyway.

Wait...why did they bother getting that guy from Seattke then?
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #103 on: August 08, 2011, 03:28:45 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on August 08, 2011, 03:27:02 PM

I think the bears can change lineups later if they want.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #104 on: August 08, 2011, 04:23:31 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on August 08, 2011, 03:27:02 PM

My best guess? They think Garza can handle center but they aren't sold that both Williams and Lance Louis will pan out at the guard positions, so if one of them struggles you move Garza back to guard and put Spencer in at center, but they obviously think they have better potential if fucking Williams ever amounts to anything and they want to keep Garza in the lineup.