News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2011 - 20?? Bears Offseason(s) Thread  ( 55,821 )

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: 2011 - 20?? Bears Offseason(s) Thread
« Reply #105 on: August 08, 2011, 04:56:37 PM »
Quote from: BH on August 08, 2011, 03:28:45 PM
Quote from: PenPho on August 08, 2011, 03:27:02 PM
Quote from: SKO on August 08, 2011, 09:29:40 AM
Well, Mike Tice says the starting five on the line are Webb, Williams, Garza, Louis, and Carimi L to R. I'll hold my judgement on that till the regular season, but for the most part WHAT THE FUCK? I suppose Garza at center may not be a terrible idea, since he's big and doesn't suck and knows the line calls and by the reports I've seen has gotten over a rough start and is playing pretty well at center now, but this plan includes starting Chris Williams and, I believe, leaves Frank Omiyale on the roster, so not good man, not good.

Then people are apparently pissed because Roy Williams is battling Johnny Knox for the starting X position, not Devin Hester over at Z. I don't think Johnny Knox sucks as much as Apex thinks he does, but I also don't think he's that much, if at all, better than Hester necessarily. Either way everyone's going to get a bunch of targets, but I don't think that muppets worth this much hand-wringing. It'll all be a moot point once Sanzebacher starts torching secondaries anyway.

Wait...why did they bother getting that guy from Seattke then?

I think the bears can change lineups later if they want.

$6 million for a back-up center seems like an awesome use of money for a team that has significant problems with the starting offensive line.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #106 on: August 08, 2011, 05:35:31 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on August 08, 2011, 04:56:37 PM
Well, Mike Tice says the starting five on the line are Webb, Williams, Garza, Louis, and Carimi L to R. I'll hold my judgement on that till the regular season, but for the most part WHAT THE FUCK? I suppose Garza at center may not be a terrible idea, since he's big and doesn't suck and knows the line calls and by the reports I've seen has gotten over a rough start and is playing pretty well at center now, but this plan includes starting Chris Williams and, I believe, leaves Frank Omiyale on the roster, so not good man, not good.

Then people are apparently pissed because Roy Williams is battling Johnny Knox for the starting X position, not Devin Hester over at Z. I don't think Johnny Knox sucks as much as Apex thinks he does, but I also don't think he's that much, if at all, better than Hester necessarily. Either way everyone's going to get a bunch of targets, but I don't think that muppets worth this much hand-wringing. It'll all be a moot point once Sanzebacher starts torching secondaries anyway.

$6 million for a back-up center seems like an awesome use of money for a team that has significant problems with the starting offensive line.

I was under the impression that they intend to make Spencer the starting center once he learns the offense.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #107 on: August 08, 2011, 05:58:36 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on August 08, 2011, 05:35:31 PM

I was under the impression that they intend to make Spencer the starting center once he learns the offense.

I too was under that same impression.  It is a complex offense.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #108 on: August 08, 2011, 06:22:01 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on August 08, 2011, 05:58:36 PM

I'd also be a retard to start frothing at the mouth over a proclamation made with four full weeks before the first meaningful game.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #109 on: August 09, 2011, 07:36:14 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on August 08, 2011, 06:22:01 PM
Quote from: Gilgamesh on August 08, 2011, 05:58:36 PM

I'd also be a retard to start frothing at the mouth over a proclamation made with four full weeks before the first meaningful game.

I also think any line that does not have Frank Omiyale as a starter is going to be better than an offensive line that had Frank Omiyale as a starter. That is a fact. I believe Tice that this is the five he would like to go into the season with, but they're obviously aware there's a good chance Spencer's going to have to go in once Chris Williams fucks up. One last chance for Jerry's blunder. Remember when everyone made a big deal about the Bears drafting him when they knew he had a back injury? Why didn't anyone make a bigger deal about the fact that he's not good at blocking people?
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #110 on: August 10, 2011, 01:18:14 PM »
Knox is a 2nd string WR behind Roy Williams. Behind Williams, Hester and Earl Bennett? Go ahead, freak out Pen.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #111 on: August 10, 2011, 01:21:18 PM »
Quote from: BH on August 10, 2011, 01:18:14 PM
Knox is a 2nd string WR behind Roy Williams. Behind Williams, Hester and Earl Bennett? Go ahead, freak out Pen.

Freak out about a team I don't root for?

You know that SKO and I are different people, right?
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #112 on: August 10, 2011, 01:28:44 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on August 10, 2011, 01:21:18 PM

I figured since you were so butthurt over Spencer not starting, you'd have some tears about this news.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #113 on: August 10, 2011, 01:29:13 PM »
Quote from: BH on August 10, 2011, 01:28:44 PM

I figured since you were so butthurt over Spencer not starting, you'd have some tears about this news.

You mean, since this is the exact opposite of that?

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #114 on: August 10, 2011, 01:36:23 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on August 10, 2011, 01:29:13 PM

The opposite about caring who's in the starting lineup? Sure.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #115 on: August 10, 2011, 01:37:19 PM »
Quote from: BH on August 10, 2011, 01:36:23 PM
Quote from: PenPho on August 10, 2011, 01:29:13 PM

The opposite about caring who's in the starting lineup? Sure.

Calmer than you are.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #116 on: August 11, 2011, 09:09:58 AM »
And now Know might force a trade because he isn't starting.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #117 on: August 11, 2011, 09:16:09 AM »
Quote from: BH on August 11, 2011, 09:09:58 AM

I don't now what you're talking about right know.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #118 on: August 11, 2011, 09:27:54 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on August 11, 2011, 09:16:09 AM
Quote from: BH on August 11, 2011, 09:09:58 AM

I don't now what you're talking about right know.

Apparently Knox is pissed that Roy Williams is currently working at X receiver and that Knox is now #4 on the depth chart because the team is still going to give Hester the opportunity to pan out as a wideout and Earl Bennett is pretty much locked in as the slot/3rd down guy. I think if the sonofabitch can't handle the challenge of beating out Roy Williams he's even softer than I thought. Knox is a talented guy and his speed is an awesome asset, but he had a catch rate of just 52% last year. The X receiver in the Martz offense just gets the most targets (98 for Johnny vs. 72 for Hester and 70 for Bennett), and he didn't cash in anywhere near as many of them as he should. I guarantee you Roy would eclipse Johnny's numbers from last year in the spot. If you want to blame Cutler for Knox's poor catch rate on his targets, okay, but he had by far the lowest rate out of the trio with  Bennett (65.7%) and Hester (55.6%). I certainly wouldn't trade him unless someone is willing to overpay, but the guy's kind of an overrated midget who hasn't done nearly as much as he thinks he has.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #119 on: August 11, 2011, 09:31:06 AM »