News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2011 - 20?? Bears Offseason(s) Thread  ( 55,821 )

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: 2011 - 20?? Bears Offseason(s) Thread
« Reply #135 on: August 11, 2011, 05:19:20 PM »
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on August 11, 2011, 02:56:00 PM
Quote from: SKO on August 11, 2011, 02:37:18 PM
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on August 11, 2011, 02:10:09 PM
I like when SKO talks about X, Z, and H receivers like he's a coach.

Man, it really bothers you that nobody wants your opinion on anything, ever, doesn't it?

Are you asking my opinion?

This was very funny.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #136 on: August 11, 2011, 05:40:37 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on August 11, 2011, 05:19:20 PM
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on August 11, 2011, 02:56:00 PM
Quote from: SKO on August 11, 2011, 02:37:18 PM
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on August 11, 2011, 02:10:09 PM
I like when SKO talks about X, Z, and H receivers like he's a coach.

Man, it really bothers you that nobody wants your opinion on anything, ever, doesn't it?

Are you asking my opinion?

This was very funny.

Don't you just hate it when that happens?
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #138 on: August 18, 2011, 12:42:55 PM »
Fire up the hatewagon for Roy Williams.

He needs to get his "wind right", ie, he's still out of shape.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #139 on: August 18, 2011, 01:03:28 PM »
Quote from: BH on August 18, 2011, 12:42:55 PM

Man, the pickings really are slim this training camp. 

Roy Williams is going to have his bests season as a pro and the best season for a Bears wideout ever.  #FACT
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #140 on: August 18, 2011, 01:14:11 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on August 18, 2011, 01:03:28 PM

Roy Williams is going to have his bests season as a pro and the best season for a Bears wideout ever.  #FACT

He's going to catch over 100 balls for more than 1400 yards and catch more than 13 TDs. You heard it hear first.
Left-to-right.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #141 on: August 18, 2011, 01:15:41 PM »
Quote from: BH on August 18, 2011, 01:14:11 PM

He's going to catch over 100 balls for more than 1400 yards and catch more than 13 TDs. You heard it hear first.
Left-to-right.

You bet your sweet Ryan Harvey, mister!
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #142 on: August 18, 2011, 02:23:32 PM »

Left-to-right.

I love hearing it hear

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #143 on: August 18, 2011, 03:25:52 PM »
Quote from: Alrish Yeltin on August 18, 2011, 02:23:32 PM

Left-to-right.

I love hearing it hear

When Yetti calls one out on a grammatical mistake, it's probably best to hang 'em up at that point.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #144 on: August 18, 2011, 07:04:36 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on August 18, 2011, 03:25:52 PM

Left-to-right.

I love hearing it hear

When Yetti calls one out on a grammatical mistake, it's probably best to hang 'em up at that point.

Question.  When they approve of a comment that the speaker has made in the House of Commons are they saying "Here, here", or "Hear, hear",  or "Hear here"  or "Here, hear"? 
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #145 on: August 22, 2011, 11:12:58 AM »
Quote from: CBStew on August 18, 2011, 07:04:36 PM
Quote from: Gilgamesh on August 18, 2011, 03:25:52 PM

Left-to-right.

I love hearing it hear

Question.  When they approve of a comment that the speaker has made in the House of Commons are they saying "Here, here", or "Hear, hear",  or "Hear here"  or "Here, hear"? 

Only Site You'll Ever Need

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hear,_hear
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #146 on: August 22, 2011, 12:42:39 PM »
Biggsy takes a break from helping Tim Shaw pick out paint colors for his home theater to gather some interesting nuggets and tidbits from Football Outsiders, including one comparison that I'm fairly certain will make SKO's bowlcut-topped head explode.

QuoteAs far as Cutler goes, the research shows what you see is what you get. Football Outsiders projects him to pass for 3,555 yards this season with 22 touchdowns and 18 interceptions.

"Mechanically he has flaws that a player of his experience should have corrected by now and players who don't correct that by his age and his number of attempts don't correct them," Tanier said. "He's not going to stop throwing off of his back foot when he's rushed. He's not going to stop throwing into coverage in the middle of the field because those are mistakes you correct in your second year or third year."

Who does Cutler compare to according to Football Outsiders?

"Jim Everett, a player who had a lot of success, threw for a lot of yards, had some playoff success, but couldn't overcome the sacks and couldn't overcome the mistakes," Tanier said. "When you take a lot of hits early in your career, your numbers start to go down a little more quickly."

From the book: "The similarities between the two quarterbacks are obvious: big arm, big stats, tendency to throw off the back foot, checkered-at-best reputation as a clubhouse personality."

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #147 on: August 22, 2011, 02:37:30 PM »
Quote from: R-V on August 22, 2011, 12:42:39 PM
Biggsy takes a break from helping Tim Shaw pick out paint colors for his home theater to gather some interesting nuggets and tidbits from Football Outsiders, including one comparison that I'm fairly certain will make SKO's bowlcut-topped head explode.

QuoteAs far as Cutler goes, the research shows what you see is what you get. Football Outsiders projects him to pass for 3,555 yards this season with 22 touchdowns and 18 interceptions.

"Mechanically he has flaws that a player of his experience should have corrected by now and players who don't correct that by his age and his number of attempts don't correct them," Tanier said. "He's not going to stop throwing off of his back foot when he's rushed. He's not going to stop throwing into coverage in the middle of the field because those are mistakes you correct in your second year or third year."

"Jim Everett, a player who had a lot of success, threw for a lot of yards, had some playoff success, but couldn't overcome the sacks and couldn't overcome the mistakes," Tanier said. "When you take a lot of hits early in your career, your numbers start to go down a little more quickly."

From the book: "The similarities between the two quarterbacks are obvious: big arm, big stats, tendency to throw off the back foot, checkered-at-best reputation as a clubhouse personality."

Chris Cutler?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #148 on: August 23, 2011, 11:33:37 AM »
Quote from: Fork on August 22, 2011, 02:37:30 PM

Chris Cutler?

We've discussed the Cutler-Everett comparison in the shoutbox before. They're actually pretty similar in that Everett, too, was shit on for most of his career after 1989. I mean he played for the mid-90s Saints and Rams. Those teams were absolute garbage. If Cutler gets protection we will see if he can't improve. I also don't necessarily by the "guys don't improve at this stage of their career" argument. Possibly true, but Favre from 92-94 had some serious issues before Holmgren finally settled him down. No one remembers because he won three Superbowls, but Tom Brady's highest passer rating in his first three years as a starter was 86.5 and his highest YPA in that time was 6.9. Guys can improve when you improve the talent around them.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #149 on: August 23, 2011, 11:48:33 AM »
Quote from: SKO on August 23, 2011, 11:33:37 AM
Quote from: Fork on August 22, 2011, 02:37:30 PM

Chris Cutler?

We've discussed the Cutler-Everett comparison in the shoutbox before. They're actually pretty similar in that Everett, too, was shit on for most of his career after 1989. I mean he played for the mid-90s Saints and Rams. Those teams were absolute garbage. If Cutler gets protection we will see if he can't improve. I also don't necessarily by the "guys don't improve at this stage of their career" argument. Possibly true, but Favre from 92-94 had some serious issues before Holmgren finally settled him down. No one remembers because he won three Superbowls, but Tom Brady's highest passer rating in his first three years as a starter was 86.5 and his highest YPA in that time was 6.9. Guys can improve when you improve the talent around them.

So Cutler is just as good as Tom Brady and Eli Manning?
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.