News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2011 - 20?? Bears Offseason(s) Thread  ( 55,823 )

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: 2011 - 20?? Bears Offseason(s) Thread
« Reply #195 on: December 31, 2012, 02:24:43 PM »
Quote from: R-V on December 31, 2012, 02:21:44 PM
Quote from: PANK! on December 31, 2012, 02:14:31 PM
Quote from: SKO on December 31, 2012, 10:39:42 AM
Quote from: PANK! on December 31, 2012, 10:20:31 AM
Quote from: Slaky on December 31, 2012, 09:56:34 AM
Lovie is gone. Let's fire up the meatball wagon.

Or let's hire a head coach who can stick around for a decade and do better than half as many playoff seasons as non-playoff seasons.

I don't think he's calling you a meatball for wanting Lovie fired at this point. You're a meatball for many other reasons. I think he's mostly just saying that those who salivated over his firing when he went 7-9 the year after a Superbowl trip will have their day, and it will be entertaining.

I didn't take it as a shot against me.  Just...why worry about the meatball take today?   I'm excited that the Bears at least have a decisive GM in place.

"You're a meatball for many other reasons" is the winning line of the day.

The mickball is correct though - it's great to see a Bears decision made quickly instead of having to wait for the next McCaskey family dinner so they could decide to hire a search firm to decide what decisions needed to be made so those decisions could then be discussed at the next family dinner.

Yes this.  Although I am enjoying hearing meatballs call the Score upset and confused because some of the Bears' players spoke in Lovie's defense after he was fired. 

DON'T DEY UNNERSTAN DAT SHOWS A TOTAL DISRGART FOR DA FANS?!?

On another note, if we don't break Eli this week, we never will.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #196 on: December 31, 2012, 03:10:53 PM »
Quote from: CT III on December 31, 2012, 02:24:43 PM

Or let's hire a head coach who can stick around for a decade and do better than half as many playoff seasons as non-playoff seasons.

I don't think he's calling you a meatball for wanting Lovie fired at this point. You're a meatball for many other reasons. I think he's mostly just saying that those who salivated over his firing when he went 7-9 the year after a Superbowl trip will have their day, and it will be entertaining.

I didn't take it as a shot against me.  Just...why worry about the meatball take today?   I'm excited that the Bears at least have a decisive GM in place.

The mickball is correct though - it's great to see a Bears decision made quickly instead of having to wait for the next McCaskey family dinner so they could decide to hire a search firm to decide what decisions needed to be made so those decisions could then be discussed at the next family dinner.

Yes this.  Although I am enjoying hearing meatballs call the Score upset and confused because some of the Bears' players spoke in Lovie's defense after he was fired. 

Agreed. I'm glad they hired a real GM and gave him GM duties and the power to carry them out. Amazing how fucking simple that is.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #197 on: December 31, 2012, 05:34:23 PM »

The mickball is correct though - it's great to see a Bears decision made quickly instead of having to wait for the next McCLaskey family dinner so they could decide to hire a search firm to decide what decisions needed to be made so those decisions could then be discussed at the next family dinner.

Russ Grimm'd.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #198 on: January 01, 2013, 08:57:49 AM »

You're OK. I'm OK. Happy New Year.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #199 on: January 01, 2013, 10:03:46 AM »
Quote from: Eli on January 01, 2013, 08:57:49 AM

You're OK. I'm OK. Happy New Year.

APPY NEW YERE, MY FRENT.

*slaps Eli on back a little too hard*
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #200 on: January 06, 2013, 02:34:32 PM »
The AFStink is terrible.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #201 on: January 08, 2013, 03:24:12 PM »
They've got to be kidding.

EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. (AP) -- Minnesota assistants Mike Singletary and Mike Priefer will interview for the Chicago head coaching vacancy.

Vikings coach Leslie Frazier confirmed Tuesday that the Bears made the request. There are at least 10 other coaches reported to be under consideration to replace the fired Lovie Smith in Chicago.

After an unsuccessful stint as coach of the San Francisco 49ers, Singletary was hired by his former Bears teammate Frazier to be a linebackers coach and a special assistant. He's been with the Vikings for two years.

Priefer has completed two seasons as special teams coordinator, helping steer the organization's decision to cut veteran kicker Ryan Longwell and draft Blair Walsh, who made the Pro Bowl as a rookie this year.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #202 on: January 08, 2013, 03:30:16 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on January 08, 2013, 03:24:12 PM

EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. (AP) -- Minnesota assistants Mike Singletary and Mike Priefer will interview for the Chicago head coaching vacancy.

Vikings coach Leslie Frazier confirmed Tuesday that the Bears made the request. There are at least 10 other coaches reported to be under consideration to replace the fired Lovie Smith in Chicago.

After an unsuccessful stint as coach of the San Francisco 49ers, Singletary was hired by his former Bears teammate Frazier to be a linebackers coach and a special assistant. He's been with the Vikings for two years.

Priefer has completed two seasons as special teams coordinator, helping steer the organization's decision to cut veteran kicker Ryan Longwell and draft Blair Walsh, who made the Pro Bowl as a rookie this year.

Rooney Rule, dude.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #203 on: January 08, 2013, 03:48:23 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on January 08, 2013, 03:30:16 PM

Rooney Rule, dude.

More like Bears Organization Asking Emery To Do A Favor For An Old Great-Rule.

They satisfied the Rooney Rule with the Falcons special teams guy.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #204 on: January 09, 2013, 10:39:12 AM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on January 08, 2013, 03:48:23 PM

Rooney Rule, dude.

This apparently is the newly-formed "Emery Rule" where you have to interview at least one person born in every state in the country.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #205 on: January 09, 2013, 10:59:10 AM »
Quote from: PenFoe on January 09, 2013, 10:39:12 AM

Rooney Rule, dude.

This apparently is the newly-formed "Emery Rule" where you have to interview at least one person born in every state in the country.

It all starts to make sense once you get a look at the office Emery is using for the interviews...

Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #206 on: January 09, 2013, 11:00:25 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on January 09, 2013, 10:59:10 AM

Rooney Rule, dude.

It all starts to make sense once you get a look at the office Emery is using for the interviews...

I sincerely hope they clean that couch after each filming.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #207 on: January 09, 2013, 11:11:32 AM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on January 09, 2013, 11:00:25 AM

Rooney Rule, dude.

At least they replaced the old couch after the Russ Grimm Unpleasantness.

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #208 on: January 09, 2013, 11:33:23 AM »
Quote from: CT III on January 09, 2013, 11:11:32 AM

Rooney Rule, dude.

I wonder how many Desipervs understand Thrill's reference.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #209 on: January 09, 2013, 11:50:42 AM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on January 09, 2013, 11:33:23 AM
Quote from: CT III on January 09, 2013, 11:11:32 AM

Rooney Rule, dude.

I wonder how many Desipervs understand Thrill's reference.

I'm admitting nothing.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.