News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Eddy Julio Martinez Way Too Early Future AllStar Escape from Cuba Sploosh Thread  ( 2,264 )

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
QuoteThe Chicago Cubs have added the Eddy Julio Martinez signing to their transactions page, and the deal is officially official. You may now do a mini dance, appropriately restrained because the playoffs are going on.

Martinez, 20, is one of the top prospects coming out of Cuba this year, and is generally regarded as a potentially very good defensive center fielder with upside in his bat.

The Giants failure is the Cubs treasure. Thanks, San Fran! The Cubs give him $3MM. He was expected to get $10MM+. I'm not sure how to read this situation as Jorge Soler got 9 years and $30MM, right? It appears as though the Cubs got a steal, but just like everything coming out of Cuba these days we'll just have to wait and see how this plays out.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
I don't think he's in Soler's class as a prospect.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Oleg on October 20, 2015, 11:35:04 AM

Thanks for the scouting report, but I think I'll wait to see what Fork has to say about the kid, if you don't mind.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Tonker on October 20, 2015, 03:05:58 PM

Thanks for the scouting report, but I think I'll wait to see what Fork has to say about the kid, if you don't mind.

INTREPID READER FORK: Well he's a latin, so I'd have to say he's got the best power potential I've seen since Orlando Cepeda. His name is Eddy, though, so I could see him being as good as Matthews.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: SKO on October 20, 2015, 03:07:44 PM

INTREPID READER FORK: Well he's a latin, so I'd have to say he's got the best power potential I've seen since Orlando Cepeda. His name is Eddy, though, so I could see him being as good as Matthews.

Since he's Cuban, I'd want to see him pitch before comparing him to Martin Dihigo.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on October 20, 2015, 03:30:52 PM

Since he's Cuban, I'd want to see him pitch before comparing him to Martin Dihigo.
Since he is Cuban I bet he is one helluva rhumba dancer.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: CBStew on October 20, 2015, 03:36:40 PM

Since he's Cuban, he probably rolls his cigars too tight.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
This is not a good thread.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: PenFoe on October 20, 2015, 03:38:10 PM
This is not a good thread.

Are you new here?
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Gotta love the future.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Slaky on October 20, 2015, 10:40:59 PM
Gotta love the future.
It's here tomorrow.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: CBStew on October 20, 2015, 03:36:40 PM

All the kids do salsa these days.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Slaky on October 20, 2015, 10:40:59 PM
Gotta love the future.
At my age?  This is was the future.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)