News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Fuck its silent in here.......  ( 607,657 )

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Fuck its silent in here.......
« Reply #150 on: January 25, 2010, 04:22:44 PM »
Quote from: JD on January 25, 2010, 04:10:17 PM
Quote from: Gil Gunderson on January 25, 2010, 04:08:43 PM
Quote from: JD on January 25, 2010, 03:40:41 PM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on January 25, 2010, 02:12:59 PM
Quote from: JD on January 25, 2010, 02:07:59 PM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on January 25, 2010, 01:55:51 PM
Quote from: morpheus on January 25, 2010, 12:34:32 PM
Quote from: Gil Gunderson on January 25, 2010, 12:28:26 PM
DPD, this is not to say that all the DOOM is justified over CU.  If Congress responds by making CEO's or other high-level executives "own" their ads by using the "I'm Steve Jobs and I approve this message" language from McCain-Feingold, I don't think companies will go nuts for fear of alienating their customers.

Also, corporations previously funneled money to vague and amorphous PACs, so having a company do its dirty work for itself might be a bit better.  Sunlight is still the best disinfectant.

I was just preparing a response to the effect of "they don't want to antagonize customers."  You're absolutely right that sunlight is the best disinfectant.

Not according to Clarence Thomas.

Because he's black?  You racist.

No.  Because he drinks Coca Cola with pubic hair in it.

Oh.  Well, pubic hairs are black, too.  You're still racist.

They are?

Yes.  All of 'em.  If you've seen some of a different color, then you're not really looking at pubic hairs.

What about the gray ones?

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #151 on: January 25, 2010, 05:30:05 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on January 25, 2010, 04:22:44 PM
Quote from: JD on January 25, 2010, 04:10:17 PM
Quote from: Gil Gunderson on January 25, 2010, 04:08:43 PM
Quote from: JD on January 25, 2010, 03:40:41 PM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on January 25, 2010, 02:12:59 PM
Quote from: JD on January 25, 2010, 02:07:59 PM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on January 25, 2010, 01:55:51 PM
Quote from: morpheus on January 25, 2010, 12:34:32 PM
Quote from: Gil Gunderson on January 25, 2010, 12:28:26 PM
DPD, this is not to say that all the DOOM is justified over CU.  If Congress responds by making CEO's or other high-level executives "own" their ads by using the "I'm Steve Jobs and I approve this message" language from McCain-Feingold, I don't think companies will go nuts for fear of alienating their customers.

Also, corporations previously funneled money to vague and amorphous PACs, so having a company do its dirty work for itself might be a bit better.  Sunlight is still the best disinfectant.

I was just preparing a response to the effect of "they don't want to antagonize customers."  You're absolutely right that sunlight is the best disinfectant.

Not according to Clarence Thomas.

Because he's black?  You racist.

No.  Because he drinks Coca Cola with pubic hair in it.

Oh.  Well, pubic hairs are black, too.  You're still racist.

They are?

Yes.  All of 'em.  If you've seen some of a different color, then you're not really looking at pubic hairs.

What about the gray ones?

I told you, already.  If they ain't black, they ain't pubes.  If you have trouble telling the difference, then just remember this rhyme:

If that hair is short, curly, and black, then a pube it must be. 
If that hair is short, curly, and any color OTHER than black, then a pube it must NOT be.

It rhymes and is truer than thou falling star's path may it be-ith. 
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #152 on: January 25, 2010, 09:33:15 PM »
Quote from: Slack-E on January 25, 2010, 03:38:33 PM
At least we don't have to worry about that damned health care bill anymore.

What a bunch of pieces of shit.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #153 on: January 25, 2010, 11:08:48 PM »
Quote from: Oleg on January 25, 2010, 09:33:15 PM

You are being judgmental.  You must understand that now that the Dems are a minority in the Senate and the House, and no longer have the Presidency  they can't pass any legislation.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #154 on: January 26, 2010, 09:01:29 AM »

More good times.

QuoteOn an exciting phone call with progressive internet writers earlier this evening, a senior administration official outlined the Obama administration's plan to call for a freeze in non-security discretionary spending spending starting with the Fiscal Year 2011 budget.

QuoteThe freeze would not apply to the Department of Defense, the Department of Veterans Affairs, the Department of Homeland Security, or to the foreign operations budget of the State Department.

QuoteSo is this an across-the-board freeze like we've heard Republicans call for? No, it's "not a blunt across the board freeze." Rather, some agencies will see their budgets go up and others will go down, producing an overall freeze effect.

QuoteScenario one is that self-proclaimed deficit hawks like Kent Conrad turn out to like farm subsidies, decline to implement those cuts, and pass a budget that doesn't actually freeze spending. Then Obama gets to chide them, and say it's not his fault congress is so spendy.

Scenario two is that self-proclaimed deficit hawks turn out to like farm subsidies, and Obama launches a big political crusade on behalf of his cuts, threatening to veto anything that doesn't come close to the spirit of what he's proposing. That would be . . . interesting.

Scenario three, the really troubling one, is that self-proclaimed deficit hawks turn out to like farm subsidies, and Obama draws a line in the sand over the concept of a freeze, while being flexible about the details. Under that scenario, the weak claims don't get cut and instead the politically powerless need to bear the brunt of the burden of a tactical political gambit.

I find it's always useful to ignore the biggest chunk of federal spending when you're trying to cut deficits.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #155 on: January 26, 2010, 10:07:33 AM »
Quote from: R-V on January 26, 2010, 09:01:29 AM

More good times.

QuoteOn an exciting phone call with progressive internet writers earlier this evening, a senior administration official outlined the Obama administration's plan to call for a freeze in non-security discretionary spending spending starting with the Fiscal Year 2011 budget.

QuoteThe freeze would not apply to the Department of Defense, the Department of Veterans Affairs, the Department of Homeland Security, or to the foreign operations budget of the State Department.

QuoteSo is this an across-the-board freeze like we've heard Republicans call for? No, it's "not a blunt across the board freeze." Rather, some agencies will see their budgets go up and others will go down, producing an overall freeze effect.

QuoteScenario one is that self-proclaimed deficit hawks like Kent Conrad turn out to like farm subsidies, decline to implement those cuts, and pass a budget that doesn't actually freeze spending. Then Obama gets to chide them, and say it's not his fault congress is so spendy.

Scenario two is that self-proclaimed deficit hawks turn out to like farm subsidies, and Obama launches a big political crusade on behalf of his cuts, threatening to veto anything that doesn't come close to the spirit of what he's proposing. That would be . . . interesting.

Scenario three, the really troubling one, is that self-proclaimed deficit hawks turn out to like farm subsidies, and Obama draws a line in the sand over the concept of a freeze, while being flexible about the details. Under that scenario, the weak claims don't get cut and instead the politically powerless need to bear the brunt of the burden of a tactical political gambit.

I find it's always useful to ignore the biggest chunk of federal spending when you're trying to cut deficits.

I don't trust this "study". Who pays globalissues.org? I'm sure it's those damn libby butt pirates

Jon

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #156 on: January 26, 2010, 10:12:53 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on January 26, 2010, 10:07:33 AM
Quote from: R-V on January 26, 2010, 09:01:29 AM

More good times.

I don't trust this "study". Who pays globalissues.org? I'm sure it's those damn libby butt pirates

They probably didn't take their pills.
Take that, Adolf Eyechart.

"I'm just saying, penis aside, that broad had a tight fuckable body in that movie. Sans penis of course.." - A peek into *IAN's psyche

Gil Gunderson

• I do justice-y things.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #157 on: January 26, 2010, 11:15:24 AM »

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #158 on: January 26, 2010, 11:19:56 AM »
Regarding Haiti...

The Good:
QuoteThe Associated Press reported that Mr. Travolta flew his own Boeing 707 to Haiti from Florida on Monday, and brought four tons of ready-to-eat military rations and medical supplies along with "a team including doctors and..."

The Bad:
Quote"...Scientology ministers."

Huh?:
QuoteOn Saturday, the French news agency Agence France-Presse reported that one Scientologist from Paris who gave her name as Sylvie claimed that the controversial church's techniques were working:

"We're trained as volunteer ministers; we use a process called 'assist' to follow the nervous system to reconnect the main points, to bring back communication," she said. "When you get a sudden shock to a part of your body the energy gets stuck, so we re-establish communication within the body by touching people through their clothes, and asking people to feel the touch."

Next to her lay 22-year-old student Oscar Elweels, whose father rescued him from the basement of his school where he lay with a pillar on his leg for a day after the deadly Jan. 12 quake. His right leg was amputated below the knee and his left leg was severely bruised and swollen. [...]

"One hour ago he had no sensation in his left leg, so I explained the method to him, I touched him and after a while he said 'now I feel everything'," said Sylvie. "Otherwise they might have had to amputate his other leg."

BURNFACE:
QuoteThe news agency said that an American doctor at the hospital who asked not to be identified commented sarcastically, "I didn't know touching could heal gangrene."
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #159 on: January 26, 2010, 11:31:27 AM »
Quote from: Day Man on January 26, 2010, 11:19:56 AM
QuoteThe news agency said that an American doctor at the hospital who asked not to be identified commented sarcastically, "I didn't know touching could heal gangrene."

Oh, it gets worse:

Quote1. All pain signals in the body reflex through one or both of the earlobes on its way to the brain.

"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #160 on: January 26, 2010, 11:36:26 AM »
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #161 on: January 26, 2010, 04:16:13 PM »
Tee hee.

QuoteAlleging a plot to tamper with phones in Democratic Sen. Mary Landrieu's office in the Hale Boggs Federal Building in downtown New Orleans, the FBI arrested four people Monday, including James O'Keefe, 25, a conservative filmmaker whose undercover videos at ACORN field offices severely damaged the advocacy group's credibility.

Fuck its silent on MikeC's keyboard.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #162 on: January 26, 2010, 04:41:27 PM »
DPD. It'll never hai, but the map is interesting.

QuoteThe electoral college is a time-honored system that, has only broken down three times in over 200 years. However, it's obvious that reforms are needed. The organization of the states should be altered. This Electoral Reform Map redivides the territory of the United States into 50 bodies of equal size.

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #163 on: January 26, 2010, 04:58:38 PM »
Quote from: R-V on January 26, 2010, 04:41:27 PM
DPD. It'll never hai, but the map is interesting.

QuoteThe electoral college is a time-honored system that, has only broken down three times in over 200 years. However, it's obvious that reforms are needed. The organization of the states should be altered. This Electoral Reform Map redivides the territory of the United States into 50 bodies of equal size.

I like that I'll no longer have to share a home state with the likes of Yeti.

I'm not so keen on the states formerly known as Indiana and Michigan tagteaming and creeping to our south like that.

And why is The Delta north of the Delta?
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

Gil Gunderson

• I do justice-y things.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #164 on: January 26, 2010, 05:05:26 PM »
Quote from: R-V on January 26, 2010, 04:16:13 PM
Tee hee.

QuoteAlleging a plot to tamper with phones in Democratic Sen. Mary Landrieu's office in the Hale Boggs Federal Building in downtown New Orleans, the FBI arrested four people Monday, including James O'Keefe, 25, a conservative filmmaker whose undercover videos at ACORN field offices severely damaged the advocacy group's credibility.

Fuck its silent on MikeC's keyboard.

RV, how dare you?  This man bravely stood up to an international criminal organization, violated Maryland law, and eventually proved that wrongdoing nothing was going on.  Now here he was trying to undercover the TAXOLIB HOMOCRAT conspiracy by going directly to the source, and he gets busted by the feds.  What kind of country do we have when you can't wiretap federal officials?  I ask you that, WHAT KIND OF COUNTRY?

This man is a MARTYR to the cause of LIBERTY AND FREEDOM.  FREE THE NEW ORLEANS FOUR!!!

Can we get a HUTCHINS comment on this shocking development?