News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Kermit-astic, RV, Morph and Gil Peoria Pride Jim Thome Sploogefest  ( 5,545 )

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Kermit-astic, RV, Morph and Gil Peoria Pride Jim Thome Sploogefest
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2011, 08:15:22 PM »
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/4762/news;_ylt=AlFCoz4BModsVqlIbdfvdM6FCLcF

QuoteJul 24 Thome is in the Twins' starting lineup Sunday, one day after sitting in deference to Jason Kubel, the Star Tribune's La Velle E. Neal III reports.

Recommendation: Even at 87 years old, Thome is still among the Twins' better hitters.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2011, 09:03:41 AM »
I bet he ate sliced pizza from Little Caesar's instead of strips from Agatucci's while he was in town.

QuoteWednesday's visit marked Ricketts first visit to Peoria but the chairman had heard nothing but positives about the Chiefs. Peoria's player development contract with the Cubs expires after next season, but it will probably be extended.

"I think the Chiefs have a good relationship with the Cubs," Ricketts said. "I don't know the terms of the deal, but I consider them a great partner."

Contracts with minor league affiliates must fall under Todd's column on the Chart of Responsibilities.

QuoteChiefs manager Casey Kopitzke played in the Cubs system when the Tribune Co. owned the team. The night-and-day difference is apparent because of Ricketts' interest in learning the about how the organization works.

"Without a doubt," Kopitzke said. "One of the feelings you get is that there is somebody that has a plan and a message. It's really neat to have him here with us."

The plan: retain Oneiri Fleita at all costs.

QuoteWhile Ricketts was fairly expansive in talking about the farm system, questions expressly about the status of general manager Jim Hendry and the recently passed trade deadline were deemed off limits. He turned guarded when asked about any possible changes for next season

"I don't know just yet," Ricketts said. "It's something we'll decide at the right time."

I'll leave it to Yeti to tell us what this means for Hendry's future.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2011, 09:17:55 AM »
Quote from: R-V on August 04, 2011, 09:03:41 AM
I bet he ate sliced pizza from Little Caesar's instead of strips from Agatucci's while he was in town.

QuoteWednesday's visit marked Ricketts first visit to Peoria but the chairman had heard nothing but positives about the Chiefs. Peoria's player development contract with the Cubs expires after next season, but it will probably be extended.

"I think the Chiefs have a good relationship with the Cubs," Ricketts said. "I don't know the terms of the deal, but I consider them a great partner."

Contracts with minor league affiliates must fall under Todd's column on the Chart of Responsibilities.

Genius businessmen like Tom don't have time for boring contracts. Also it's cute how Kopitzke sucks up to the boss. We finally have the answer why they haven't won the World Series in so many years: no message.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2011, 09:13:46 PM »
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?